Everything & Anything New York City

Options

Comments

• niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    oh my goodness ! where are all the threads...i ahd been reading through them all and only got to post 2376 !!!!!
    also was looking for something about booking through Expedia and being charged extra on arrival to actual hotel in New York...??????
    Help !
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    awh jez.....read that but didnt know you could click on it........ha ha ..there is really no hope for me........:T:T:T:T
  • marias1981
    Options
    saw this on hduk though it might help someone

This is the cheapest i've ever seen for a flight to New York so thought i'd post it up.
    Hopefully some of you might be able to make use of it.

It's for a specific date in March but have similar offers :)

London (LHR) to New York City (JFK) £214 RT
    Depart 04 Mar 10
    Return 11 Mar 10

Taxes included.

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/

There's another one in April for £238.
    London (LHR) to New York City (JFK) Depart between
    01 Apr 10 - 29 Jun 10

Also London (LGW) to Newark Intl (EWR) £229 RT
    Depart between
    Now - 31 Mar 10

Maria x
  • whatusername
    Options
    niceday999 wrote: »
    oh my goodness ! where are all the threads...i ahd been reading through them all and only got to post 2376 !!!!!
    also was looking for something about booking through Expedia and being charged extra on arrival to actual hotel in New York...??????
    Help !

Hmm, is this true, im going easter with Expedia and have payed in full so i would expect to pay anymore other than airport transfers.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 March 2010 at 11:33AM
    Options
    When you book your accomodation or package with expedia, or anyone really, you need to check that all taxes are included in the price. There have been instances where people have turned up at hotels and had to stump up occupancy tax etc.

However this is because the person/people havent bothered reading everything before they have pressed the confirm button.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    Marky great to have you back. Just wanted to clarify one of your points which I've noted some newbies have misinterpreted. Not going into a debate about Times Square but, and correct me M if I'm wrong, when Marky says TS is a no-no it is not because its not safe, its because the whole lights/touristy trap centre does not float his boat. However if that is what you want from NY then go for it.
    Sorry Marky but it does rile me when some people take advice as gospel and forget that they could and should make their own decisions after considering the advice of others.
  • HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    Oh and to expand on the whole apartments/rooms with kitchenettes etc, if you really want to cook for yourself in the city with the most diverse range of food to suit all price tags (why? you're on holiday) the Beacon Hotel on W 72nd is fab and just one stop for 42nd St on the subway.
  • ilovetotravel
    Options
    NiceDay999,

That same exact thing happened to me once using expedia a long time ago. If you have a way of printing out your receipt from expedia, ask to speak with the general manager of the hotel, they have a way of contacting expedia. Ever since my debacle I use Quikbook.com for all my New York reservations. They are really nice over the phone and they are based in New York so if you have questions about the hotel they usually know the answers. Also you don't pay up front so there shouldn't be any discrepancies with room rates. Expedia can have good rates, but they are a pain to work with if a problem arises.
  • marias1981
    Options
    i booked through expedia and on my confirmation under the hotel it states 'The price you selected DOES NOT include any applicable service fees, charges for optional incidentals (such as minibar snacks or telephone calls) or regulatory surcharges. The lodging facility will assess these fees, charges and surcharges upon check-out.'

Does that mean im gonna be stung by charges when i check out? I didnt budget for this and i read all the small print before i paid. Confused!
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    got stung in london holiday inn through expedia a while back. Cost me £720 for 2 nights 2 rooms thought total was £360 but that was per room . i think they dont show the price in the most highlighted area. you have to check the total amount carefully . I was poss not on my guard but prob p1ssed
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport