»

Everything & Anything New York City - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Everything & Anything New York City

8.5K replies 1.1M views

Replies

• phatbearphatbear
    3.9K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have booked all of my NY trips with expedia, and a couple of holidays and several hotels throughout europe for my team overnighters and never once been stung with surcharges/un-expected charges because I always read everything before I pressed the confirm button.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • M4RKM wrote: »

reading is fun no?
    :rotfl:

My mother and I read the T&Cs very carefully when booking our hotel, so we weren't shocked when the cost went up £45 or so.

I have to say Mark that your guides were incredibly helpful when we were booking so thank you!
  • ginjimginjim
    10.1K posts
    Forumite
    left luggage in new york?

is there a place you can leave luggage etc whilst you wait for flights
    we dont leave till the evening so would like to leave our bags somewhere?
    do hotels allow you to keep luggage there?
    cheers
    oh we booked into the cosmo
  • phatbearphatbear
    3.9K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    To date all of the hotels ive stayed in NY have had luggage storage facilities and only on the last occasion at the Novotel Times Square did they charge, the huge sum of $1 per bag.

If you wanna be 100% sure drop the hotel an email.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • When you are making a reservation with with anyone other than the direct source (like expedia) if the exact prices and taxes aren't given to you, call the help line and ask as many questions as you can. You don't have to book with them over the phone (sometimes they charge extra for that) but at least you can be assured that you will not be paying extra.

And, always call the hotel a few days before you arrive, just to follow up that everything is in order before you arrive and the reservation is incorrect.
  • weptwept
    170 posts
    Forumite
    ginjim wrote: »
    left luggage in new york?

is there a place you can leave luggage etc whilst you wait for flights
    we dont leave till the evening so would like to leave our bags somewhere?
    do hotels allow you to keep luggage there?
    cheers
    oh we booked into the cosmo

The Cosmo stored our luggage for us.
  • niceday999 wrote: »
    oh my goodness ! where are all the threads...i ahd been reading through them all and only got to post 2376 !!!!!
    also was looking for something about booking through Expedia and being charged extra on arrival to actual hotel in New York...??????
    Help !
    JUST TO UPDATE AND CLARIFY
    I rang Expedia today and they explained that in the hotel I booked all taxes etc are charged at time of booking. In rare cases there could be extra charges but it will state this in the small print so as Mark says ....read everything
    Thats me booked for Doubletree Guest Suites , Times Square...after cancelling my booking with Staybridge suites. They had offered me Canldewood suites which I didnt like the look of and Holiday Inn express in Times Square which I didnt really like the look of either.So they emailed me to say they would cancel booking....
    I had got a good rate on the Staybridge Suites for £436 for a double double bed suite with kitchen and living area and breakfast , but its just unfortunate it wwont be open in MArch.....
    Cant wait now I'm all Booked
  • Lady_SLady_S
    1.2K posts
    Forumite
    niceday, we stopped there and it was lovely. My only complaint would be some nights it was difficult to get in and out of the hotel due to how busy it was outside.
  • Lady_S wrote: »
    niceday, we stopped there and it was lovely. My only complaint would be some nights it was difficult to get in and out of the hotel due to how busy it was outside.
    :eek:come on :eek:
    where you carring a large plate glass window sideways or something.

mind i push a wheelchair with moulded metal footplates and fairly good at taking a ankle or two out and looking straight in their eyes and saying sorry:o:A;)
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Lady_SLady_S
    1.2K posts
    Forumite
    At points it was like trying to wade through quicksand to get back into the hotel due to the number of people outside. Worse when the theatre next door was open...

This being said if we could get a room there for a reasonable price for our upcoming trip I think we would take it.

At the moment we are looking at the Bryant Park Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn on 8th avenue or the French Quarters Guest Accomodation.