We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hasn't rained here :p, nor will it till around tea time tomorrow, then it will be a bit of a deluge, by the looks of it. The garden needs it anyway.

We've had the opposite of choille's weather; too dry for making good hay, and my outdoor garden crops, such as they are, have been abysmal.

OK, I could've watered more. :o

Good haul of plants, CTC. :beer:
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's poured & now it's very windy, but dark clouds.

Had the most intense rainbow yesterday. We do get quite spectacular ones, but this was truly intense.

Finished painting the dresser yesterday & it's looking good. OH did some plumbing work that needs doing & today he can't really move much. He's in a lot of pain.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    very quiet on here :think:

which means that im possibly living in "the dome" and the world I see is not the world you see... which means that you all don't really exist and what I know about you isn't real.... and that I type merrily to a ficticious forum that no one sees and ficticious people answering me...

is this true ? ;)
  • choille
    Options
    Yes - we are not here, we do not exist, we are a fiction of your imagination.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    I garden therefore I am
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been quiet for ages, had too much going on, which might continue.

But we completed on old home yesterday, OH took the signed stuff for Land Registry to our solicitor today, think he's getting some money into his bank account today so can pay off loan (long story). :j

We both completely kernackered and worn out. :( I'm sad to leave our old home as DD1 brought home to there from hospital birth, :) and DD2 was born there in our bedroom. :j Difficult to know I'll never go back. :cry:

But we're relieved it's finally gone through too - sale was agreed back in Feb. Last few days have been a nightmare though. :mad: Too much last minute stuff that could have been sorted months ago. I certainly wouldn't recommend the sols our buyers used! :eek:
  • choille
    Options
    Goodness Maggie - that is a long road to sell a house - very stressful indeed & not surprised that you are jiggered. The solicitors do drag stuff out to the nth degree - well some of them do.
    Take it easy if you can it's a major thing & you will have so many memories & will have revisited it all in your mind as you do.

Just been attempting to list stuff but spent most of the evening photoing in the house & then trailing stuff in the caravan to list - everything seems such an effort just now - but OH went to see a person who is a plumber & we should have gone to him initially, but didn't, but he knew of the one we did & told OH some reet tales about him,so....he has a reputation. But he's coming on Monday to point stuff out for us, so that's a start on the right road - well....let's hope so!

Went to look at a rug that I had packed away - a lovely white wool one, but seems a mouse has been stashing some bits & bobs in there. I've had it on the line btw showers & tried to clean it, but.....I may just have to bin it as I don't think I've got the marks out - that is soooooooooo annoying.
    It's been really cold today!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Yes - we are not here, we do not exist, we are a fiction of your imagination.

I'm definitely here, but I'm beginning to think I'm not all there. :o

Finally rounded-up the plumber yesterday and got him to do a few things we needed sorted before plastering. He was somewhat taken aback that the pipe he'd said was 'impossible' to locate where we wanted it, was already there and chased-in! :p

Anyway, very dark and grim here this morning, so I went in search of the 6' fluorescent tube we use to light work areas where there's no ceiling fittings....Took an age because it was in the 3rd loft space hidden behind a roll of insulation.
    Why? :think: Ah yes, the electricians had an idea it would make a good loft light, so they'd put it up there says DW.

Yes, they'd cut the wire and plug off it so it was nice and 'ready.' :wall:

The rain is very welcome. We were parched-out and there was a good chance of fires, this being the holiday season.

Maggie, I've never looked back at old homes.We used to almost back onto our first house, but I didn't think about it after a day or two. Going inside the last one after a year or two away, my lasting thoughts were, "They've not changed much" and "They've not done a single day of gardening!" But I didn't care.

I find change in places harder to deal with; whole towns or landscapes, or maybe things which have been there ages. There's an old sheep shed in the sledging field by the town I lived in as a lad. It's falling down now and I'm really annoyed with myself for not taking a photo while it was still standing a couple of years ago, looking just the same as it was when we kids used to shelter in it. Too late now. :(
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Piddling it down, its sooo wet here with all the rain....

That was a long time Maggie, I know exactly what you mean about leaving go...as there is sooo many memories, sorry we didn't do a clean break from this place, when we first bought the ranch, but the kids wouldn't live in a caravan/ building site.. But now they are older they do realise its got to be done now...

Alfie....I must exist as I got bills to pay, and pigs to p!ay with lol...

Choille fingers crossed this new plumber is a good reliable one..

Going to be a batch cook day today, and over the weekend.. As it looks like the kids have realised how much the are spending out on food.. So have returned to the fridge and the cupboards lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    very quiet on here :think:

which means that im possibly living in "the dome" and the world I see is not the world you see... which means that you all don't really exist and what I know about you isn't real.... and that I type merrily to a ficticious forum that no one sees and ficticious people answering me...

is this true ? ;)

You know I exist. :p

I was at hospital yesterday for an appointment. This afternoon am going to have first ever attempt at wallpapering
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback