Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• blackcatsx2
    Options
    Benben - sounds horrid, don't rush back to work. You'll need to build your strength up if you haven't been eating.
    Well, my buyers have now played the card that says "we want some money off the price because the survey says x, y and z". I was expecting it but they have asked for a LOT of money off. They employ quite high pressure tactics, when they made the offer they demanded I accept it within the hour and cancel the 4 viewings that were lined up for later that day. I'm so cross with them but I am trying not to react immediately and not to be bulled by them .
    Thanks to the restorative power of a shepherds pie and a glass of elderflower cordial (no wine on a work night) I feel ready to think about the proposals rationally but I do know they are not having the amount of money reduction that they've asked for - cheeky things!
    So I think it's safe to say I will be in third place in the 3 horse race to exchange contracts!!
    Hope things progress for you this week Benben
    Sorry for the hijack of your thread
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So my buyers solicitors have decided there's yet another question they've suddenly thought about that needs my freeholders solicitor to answer ... not sure how long this will take :mad:

In other news I was off work on Monday, went back in Tuesday, managed half a day yesterday then came home and am off work again today. It has now developed into a horrible chest infection, so I'm constantly coughing, all congested, feeling utterly yuck, so having another resting day today :o

My solicitor has now sent me my contract to sign,I didnt even have the energy to read it last night but will try and get it signed and returned today. Beyond fed up of waiting now :(
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry you are so poorly - you need to rest! The selling process is so drawn out isn't it? Hopefully your buyer's question can be answered quickly. I've taken "time out" for this week as I was so cross at my buyers outrageous request for a huge amount of price reduction. I need to think calmly and clearly and I can't do that while I'm trying to work. I was in danger of cutting off my nose to spite my face and telling them to get lost, or words to that effect.
    Anyway, hope that you start to get better soon, look after yourself.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Blackcats, I need to switch off from the house stuff for a bit too, it's too stressful. I have rested all day and not spoken at all, then my best mate phoned tonight, I chatted to her for about half an hour and now have no voice again :(

I'm going in tomorrow but only because it's friday, so at least I then get two more days off :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I got through Friday at work, feel on the mend at last but really struggling at night as I cough so much. 5 pillows last night eventually did the trick :o

So, this weekend - I'll mainly be taking it easy to help recover some more. Today is housework and watching footie, tesco shopping coming at lunchtime, not sure about tomorrow yet.
    • Clear surveys
    • Banking
    • Clear washing
    • Ironing
    • Clean bathroom
    • Clean kitchen
    • Clean lounge
    • Clean my room
    • Clean ds bedroom
    • Clean rubbish out of car
    • Trip to the tip
    • Ds homework battle
    • Collect parcel
    • BIL's birthday present - buy and deliver
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Washing machine is on, dishwasher is on, all washing / washing up is by the rightful machine waiting it's turn. A big pile of stuff waiting to be ironed on the dining table, two bin liners filled with rubbish :eek: the place was a bombsite as I haven't felt up to doing anything this week. Most of it was very superficial but just a quick 15 minutes and it's already starting to look like normal again :) All the windows are wide open, germs can go, fresh air in ;)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    It was such a nice morning we decided to take the dog down the beach for a bit. It was gorgeous down there, certainly blew the cobwebs away :) Home now, waiting for the tesco man to come and then the footie to start :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Well, yesterdays game turned out to be rather interesting, not particularly enjoyable to watch at the time but on reflection we did really well and I'm over the moon with a point despite some very very dodgy refereeing :D

I did get very sleepy in the afternoon and had a nice nap, the washing machine has done three loads so far and will probably do another one today. The ironing pile is building nicely :cool:

Today I need to go to the tip, collect a parcel, cook a roast dinner, do the ironing, sort BIL's birthday present and deliver, and then potter.

I've had my bath, I had a much better nights sleep last night (at last!), I am still quite congested but definitely on the mend now.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well, yesterdays game turned out to be rather interesting, not particularly enjoyable to watch at the time but on reflection we did really well and I'm over the moon with a point despite some very very dodgy refereeing :D
    Was thinking about you at the time - nice one :D.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Parcel collected, rubbish taken to the tip, birthday present bought, dog walked, now to have a rest on the sofa for a bit as I'm worn out again :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family