Morrisons Match & More is changing

Options
Rumor has it that as of 2nd November they are changing the Match & More card. They will no longer price match, instead they will give 5 points for every pound you spend with no minimum spend limit. Still 5000 points needed for a £5 voucher. Petrol is unchanged.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 October 2015 at 11:23AM
    Options
    Not a rumor, it will be happening according to an article on FT.com, the link i post goes straight to the FT.com main page.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Not a rumor, it will be happening according to an article on FT.com, the link i post goes straight to the FT.com main page.

I know it is happening, I just don't like to blow my sources ;)
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a M&M card as we do quite a bit of shopping in Morrisons. It's good there is no longer a minimum spend as I often go in and spend less than the £15 minimum however when we go do a big shop we accumulate a decent amount of points. We had £75 voucher in June to buy our wedding fizz with and currently have £20 building up for our Xmas shop. I think the most we got in one shop is 3000 points, a flat rate of 5 points will take us longer to get any vouchers. Shame as I do like the idea of the card.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    5 points per £1 spend and 5000 needed to earn a £5 voucher is equivalent to 0.5p off £1.

Years ago, Sainsbury's doubled the number of points per £1, to make the offer appear more generous, but halved their value.

Tesco's 1p per £1 is more generous, especially as you can 'double up' a few times per year.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good news for me, I shop in Morrisons more or less on a daily basis and rarely spend over 15 pounds.

Bring it on.....
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm 150 points off a £5 voucher, are they carrying forward points?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm 150 points off a £5 voucher, are they carrying forward points?

The points you currently have won't be taken away from you.
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2015 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Good news, although I would prefer if they just ditched the card completely.

I simply don't spend more than £15 in a single visit so previously worthless...now very slightly better than worthless but £1000 for a £5 voucher is ridiculous given the regular vouchers given by the discounters.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Smidster wrote: »
    Good news, although I would prefer if they just ditched the card completely.

I simply don't spend more than £15 in a single visit so previously worthless...now very slightly better than worthless but £1000 for a £5 voucher is ridiculous given the regular vouchers given by the discounters.

The success of it means they are losing to much money from it. Basically in a way they are ditching it, but instead giving 5 points per £1 spent with no minimum limit. Obviously the data they collect is worth something. As before I wouldn't bother using my card if I was spending less than £15.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Years ago, Sainsbury's doubled the number of points per £1, to make the offer appear more generous, but halved their value.
    ... and now give just one point per pound, so 0.5p in value, same as 'enhanced' Morrisons.

For the moment, Tesco is the winner, especially if you can use a better credit card than Tesco's when the reduced earn rates kick n.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure