PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Candlelight - I suppose officially it's autumn now but we don't really get much of an autumn to be honest. We often have a long summer well into April and then winter turns up one week in May. I didn't do much planting this year, the only thing giving in the garden is the passionfruit, I must have had over a hundred fruits this year. The cats sned many purrs in thanks back to Flora.

52 miles on the bike on Saturday but it was far too hilly. Discovered on the way home (got DH to pick me up as I really didn't want to do the hills agaain) that there is actually a bike lane down the side of the dual carriageway. I'll do that this weekend and hopefully will make it home under my own steam this time!

Not much else to report. I've put in for a new job which sounds like it would be much more secure than where I am now. Will have to see what happens there.

Much love
    Hoglet
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

KARCHER He Who Knows is just, but only just beginning to feel he's getting the better of this obnoxious virus, I've never known one like it! and his torn muscles due to the hacking cough are less painful too, to the point where he can actually turn onto his left side for a couple of minutes whereas before it was agony. I long, as must all of us, for some warmer and less wintry weather so we can throw the windows wide and welcome in the fresh air, it feels like almost a lifetime since we last did that and we seem to have been shivery cold for months. The rugby yesterday was so very cold it was almost more than was bearable and although we thoroughly enjoyed the match getting back into the house and having a hot cup of tea was very appreciated. It took me quite some time huddled in a throw to begin to come back to room temperature.....and the heating wasn't on so room temperature was 14 degrees!!!

I'm pleased to hear you had a good few days away and enjoy having family to stay tomorrow :D Sounds like you have lots of exciting stuff planned but the important bit is just all being together isn't it. :)

I've been plagued by this virus since just before Christmas and it seems to mutate by the week. I felt dreadful over Xmas and into January and whilst I am still suffering I don't feel anywhere near as bad now..I just don't feel very good iyswim.

In the grand scheme of things I shouldn't complain about my ailments, many have far more serious debilitating illnesses to contend with daily...in comparison, currently, mine are minor :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hoglet121 wrote: »

52 miles on the bike on Saturday but it was far too hilly. Discovered on the way home (got DH to pick me up as I really didn't want to do the hills agaain) that there is actually a bike lane down the side of the dual carriageway. I'll do that this weekend and hopefully will make it home under my own steam this time!

Not much else to report. I've put in for a new job which sounds like it would be much more secure than where I am now. Will have to see what happens there.

Much love
    Hoglet

Fantastic distance Hoglet :D
    I am rather envious, I used to cycle but for various reasons beyond my control, I don't anymore :(
    I'm lacking my bike for a start :( but also not competent to do repairs if cycling alone :o...It's a shame as I really did enjoy it.

Keep us posted how the new route n the bike lane goes..I for one will be willing you on with the breeze behind you :D

Good luck with the potential new job...fingers crossed for you.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you very much, Karcher. I can fix a puncture but that's about it. I do carry a mulitool, in the vain hope that I might know what to do with it should a problem arise. Thanks v much re the job too.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. :-)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

Just to say that my darling's Dad passed away yesterday afternoon, needless to say that this is a very sad little house this morning. We are trying so hard to roll with the punches but it's not easy when we keep getting knocked down again, guess all we can do is hang on tight to each other, grit our teeth and see it through!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh Lainey, so sad, too soon after the first loss and all the memories in the forefront of your heart. My love to you and CS and all the strength I can send you to help you cope with this latest body blow! Life is VERY unfair sometimes my poppet and this IS one of them. Blessings on you all, cling to the thought that spring is not far away and with it comes the sunshine back into your lives, Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Lainey I am so sorry, there just doesn't seem to be any respite for you both.

My love to you and Capt. S

Candlelightx
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Lainey. My heart goes out to you and Captain S. x
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lainey I'm so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Lainey I'm so sorry for your loss xxx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories