ASOS Lost Order - No Refund!

Options
I need to vent!

Last week I placed an order with ASOS for next day delivery and it went missing. UK Mail lost it and confirmed it was lost, both to me and to ASOS.

I asked ASOS for a replacement or a refund. They said they need to look into it which takes 12 days. So I just asked for a refund. They said they need to look into it which takes 12 days. I asked why, what are they looking into? They said they are "unable to confirm this information". They have confirmed to me that UK Mail have told them it's lost. So I don't understand what else they need to know. Surely they can refund me now, and investigate what happened with UK Mail later? This is the case with other retailers including the one I work for. We refund the customer ASAP once the couriers confirm it is lost and then investigate afterwards.

The customer should come first!

I'm fuming. :mad:
Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Comments

• Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I've just been to their Facebook page to give them a piece of my mind but I'm too late... there are soooo many people complaining on there! I'm shocked!

Looks like they're having a lot of problems lately :/ Buyer beware!
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    How did you pay? And how much?

You could get the refund via your card provider (chargeback/S75 depending on the answers to the above).
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    It was through PayPal so using their dispute process
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    Update: I opened up a case in Paypal and they got me my money back yesterday :)

Annoyed I had to do that though! I've never had that from another company.
  • NellTr
    NellTr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi all,

Asos have just done this to me, and I cannot believe their unwillingness to help.

I have a legal background and they are unwilling to understand s.29 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the package remains at their risk until I have possession of it.

They left it in an unsecured communal hallway, which the public have access to, and surprise surprise it went missing. They keep quoting that it was delivered to the address of my flat (it wasn't was put in the communal hallway as I said above) and that I told them to leave it in safe place, apparently an option that saves itself on the DPD app. But either way, it wasn't a safe place because it was stolen.

Any advice or straight to the ombudsmen?

Feeling very much like David and Goliath situation, very frustrating for the little guy.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you, or did you not, ask them to leave it in the hallway? The DPD app does not 'save' options, and it has limited options to choose from, for example, I often tell them to leave it in my back garden but I have to select 'back porch' and just say to put it in the log shed in the box where you can type things.

Something being stolen does not indicate the space isn't safe. You designate the safe space, if it is then unsafe, thats your fault. What does your DPD app delivery option state?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NellTr wrote: »
    Hi all,

Asos have just done this to me, and I cannot believe their unwillingness to help.

I have a legal background and they are unwilling to understand s.29 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the package remains at their risk until I have possession of it.

They left it in an unsecured communal hallway, which the public have access to, and surprise surprise it went missing. They keep quoting that it was delivered to the address of my flat (it wasn't was put in the communal hallway as I said above) and that I told them to leave it in safe place, apparently an option that saves itself on the DPD app. But either way, it wasn't a safe place because it was stolen.

Any advice or straight to the ombudsmen?

Feeling very much like David and Goliath situation, very frustrating for the little guy.

If you have a legal background surely you know the answer. What ombudsman would that be?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    What ombudsman would that be?

ASOS are members of the Retail Ombudsman ADR scheme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure