PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    karenccs67 wrote: »
    I understand what you mean, my OH wants "munchies" all the time and I'm trying to cut back on junk treats, I'm thinking of baking some cakes, hope they satisfy his cravings.

DP is also like this, he seems to always be eating at the moment, I don't know what to offer him that is cheap and not going to increase his expanding waistline any further.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 June 2009 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Been to a big Mr T today (using another Mr M voucher). Total bill was £48.99 :eek: But I then get to deduct £35.20 which is DD's shopping - which brings mine down to £13.79. Then I can deduct £2 which goes against my 'anything else' budget (a couple of £1 DVDs), and then I deduct my £5 voucher -- so an actual spend on groceries of just £6.79 :T Didn't pick up a few items on my list as they're "stockpile" items - and as such can be bought if we jointly fall short of the £30 requirement while I'm spending vouchers ;)

My App Foods order arrived today - so I need to work out the final figures for May now. Will do this evening (after GDs go home), and will then move my signature on to June :)
    Cheryl
  • slowandsteady_2
    Options
    Well a NSD for me today, am not going out having been signed off sick, just me and baby at home. Have told DH to get some of the fruit thats ? 59p offers at Aldi so will see what he comes home with. Having either gammon egg and chips or a nice salad with the gammon, loads of it after doing it in the sc yesterday, think we'll be eating it all week!

Am thinking i may have to go and fork out for pampers nappies :eek: i stocked up tons when i was pregnant but dd nappy leaked this morning, poor little thing was in a puddle! Am using Asda own at moment and still have one jumbo pack left and the jumbo pack i opened the other day so am hoping its just the way i put it on in my bleary eyed state this morning :o. We really only use pampers at night for the 12 hour baby dry system and they are good for that.

Well thats it for me for today. Dont expect to have to top up for a few days, well here's hoping anyway
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just a small spend of 75p for a loaf of own brand bread in C**P today. DD is the only one who has toast for breakfast, so have frozen half. School shut tomorrow as it's a polling station, so will use the other half for lunchtime sarnies. They usually have rolls or wraps for school packups but if I give them all a whole round of sarnies it may cut down on the amount they snack tomorrow! Here's hoping.

Jackets with choice of toppings for tea tonight. Yummy!

Sig updated.

Coxy
    xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Logged on to update my total with spends in Asda and Aldi - got the Super 6 fruit in Aldi and really pleased with the quality.;)

Was worried when I looked at my total but both Freezers are full and cupboards are bulging so to make me feel better I have done another Freezer inventory and meal planned almost up to next pay day (left a couple of blanks so I can move/rearrange) and so I feel a lot better and know that I can do it.:cool:

Also made some Coconut flapjacks today, making something in the kitchen always relaxes me and I feel a lot better now.:o

Dinner tonight is HM Lasagne, jersey royals and a bowl of salad, Pudding will be the Melon from Aldi's super 6 with some Ice Cream.;)

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstal back on Channel 4 tonight - I shall be watching as I think he's great.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Got some vinegar and lime peel in the dishwasher on a hot wash to clean it following advice from the OS peeps. Can't wait ot see how it comes out! Oh! I am sad:o

XS

If you're sad then so am I - let me know how it works :D
  • sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    Been shopping so updating my signature. It's going ok so far as I'd budgetted £95 a week and it's just come in at that :T Got a huge (100) wash of washing powder at Netto for £8.99 so very pleased at that it should last me the month at least, even with the amount of washing my kids create :rolleyes:

Don't know if you have access to a Costco but they do a tub which is about £11.00 and you get 400 washes out of it :j I've had a couple of tubs now and been pleased with the results
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    sharronej wrote: »
    Don't know if you have access to a Costco but they do a tub which is about £11.00 and you get 400 washes out of it :j I've had a couple of tubs now and been pleased with the results
    There is a Costco in a nearby town but I'm not a member. I'll have to join as that would be a brilliant saving and I'm sure there'll be more in there! Thanks for that :D
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can only join Costco if you have a business or work in a specific job :( I don't qualify for one just now, but a friend (who has one for her Brownie Pack) is hopefully going to get me on her membership as an additional card holder - for which I'll pay the fee for my card, and be available to pick bits up for her if needed (which isn't likely),

I may qualify for one in my own right by the end of next year though - I'm considering taking up child-minding, and that would mean I'm entitled to my own :T
    Cheryl
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hello, feel like a stranger. The last few months I have been trying to run two different households, with the twins Boyfriends stopping over practically permanently, so I have lost the plot with the grocery challenge.
    This last few days saw the end of the two households, and the twins have officially flown the nest. Well I flew on the 1st of May. DS is sort of hovering between home and mates etc.
    There is only going to be two of us, and I have no idea what kind of budget to give us,? I cant remember ever having only two to cater for? Well it must have been in 1981 when I first got married? Help.
    I think my best bet is to start from scratch, and keep the receipts.?
    I have masses of odds and ends in boxes in my cottage that need to be sorted out or used up? So perhaps I will have to do some creative cooking? If my budget was around £375 for 6 to 8 of us then that would mean for 2 of us it would be about £125: god that seems impossible? Ah well we will have to rise to the challenge and try!
    £125 for June
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure