Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 19 June 2018 at 6:52AM
    Options
    Busy weekend with Father's day, kids activities and poorly animals, anyway I decided to get up early and get a few jobs done.

Ebay sales are going ok and have £250 in the pot, although it is really annoying me at the moment,I have had 4 none payers so far this month:mad:, 1 person complaining they hadn't received an item and when I produced proof of postage tracking suddenly went quiet which makes me :mad: because they were obviously trying it on, negative feedback for an item because it was smaller than they expected even though measurements were clearly listed in the description. Anyway I need to keep selling so just going to have to put up with it I suppose.

Another NSD yesterday (don't count ebay parcels as postage is covered).
    I will need to do a small shop today as we are low on milk and bread.
    Still havn't got round to seeing Jurassic world 2 and probably won't this weekend as DS has sports all weekend and DD is working.

This weeks to do list -

Pack ebay items
    Order DD Text books (£20)Payment not due until 16th July so going to leave until payday.
    ebay listing.
    Tidy kids rooms.
    Ironing
    School uniform list and price up.
    Post royal mail survey bits.
    Catch up with surveys.
    Paint over mark on hall wall.

Outgoings June -

DD tutor - £156. cheque cleared
    School lunches DS - £50/£30
    Groceries - £300/£228.25
    Petrol - £100/£55
    Bills - £45/£35
    Misc & entertainment £100/£64.75

June Goals-

Make £350/£250
    Stick to grocery budget.
    surveys/ebay.
    Meal plan.
    Packed lunch for work.
    Yoga
    Try and read 2 books.
    10/6 NSD.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Penny, another busy week for you - I don't use ebay much anymore as the fees seem to put me off, stick to fb wherever possible however still have a few things not shifting!

Ds and I saw Jurassic World on Saturday, it was good but a bit predictable in places. DS enjoyed it though which is what matters.

Have a good day, H x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi Penny, another busy week for you - I don't use ebay much anymore as the fees seem to put me off, stick to fb wherever possible however still have a few things not shifting!

Ds and I saw Jurassic World on Saturday, it was good but a bit predictable in places. DS enjoyed it though which is what matters.

Have a good day, H x

Hi Huggle, thanks for dropping by, yes ebay fees are stupid and do put people off selling.

Still no idea when we will see Jurassic world, I get the feeling it's more me that wants to see it than everyone else, so might just wait for it coming out on DVD.

Take care.x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Seem to have got to that point in the month where we are plodding and not much happening moneywise.

Yesterday I did a small top up shop and spent £11.01, that should see us until Friday. Fridays shop should be the last big shop of the month and I have £60 left in the grocery pot, Sainsburys/nectar have kindly sent me more £12 off £60 shop vouchers so I will use those and I noticed in the freezer we had sausages, chicken, fish and beef, so really should only need fresh stuff and pack lunch bits.

Raining here this morning and I have a school trip so must remember to take a coat, just over 4 weeks left at work until the summer holidays and I really can't wait for a nice long break.

This weeks to do list -

Pack ebay items
    Order DD Text books (£20)Payment not due until 16th July so going to leave until payday.
    ebay listing.
    Tidy kids rooms.
    Ironing
    Catch up with surveys.
    Paint over mark on hall wall.

Outgoings June -

School lunches DS - £50/£30
    Groceries - £300/£239.26
    Petrol - £100/£55
    Bills - £45/£35
    Misc & entertainment £100/£64.75

June Goals-

Make £350/£250
    Stick to grocery budget.
    surveys/ebay.
    Meal plan.
    Packed lunch for work.
    Yoga
    Try and read 2 books.
    10/6 NSD.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We're having problems with non-payers as well :mad: It must be silly season.

I'd try and get that negative removed. They might not, but it's worth a try! I always dispute unfair negatives and have been successful a few times. I always report the buyer too, in case they make a habit of it. If they don't remove it, I'd leave a follow up saying that measurements were shown in the listing.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    We're having problems with non-payers as well :mad: It must be silly season.

I'd try and get that negative removed. They might not, but it's worth a try! I always dispute unfair negatives and have been successful a few times. I always report the buyer too, in case they make a habit of it. If they don't remove it, I'd leave a follow up saying that measurements were shown in the listing.

Thanks I will give it a go.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    edited 26 June 2018 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Afternoon diary.

Week before payday and feels like a slog at the minute, ebay sales are up t0 £260 and I have another non payer :mad:, makes me so cross that you can't leave a negative comment for this. Don't think i'm going to hit £350 unless I get a mad rush on sales. I have listed a few more bits today and should get some more done tomorrow.
    Big vets bill to come as horse has had a health check up, wormer and dogs have had there yearly jabs,also wormed and flea/tick stuff, not looking forward to that bill popping through the door, only positive is because we have an account we have 28days to pay instead of straight away.

Grocery shop this morning and spent £72 would have been lower but there was lots of meat reduced so spent extra on that, also bought a present for £9 which will come out of entertainment/misc pot. Does mean grocery pot is now over by £11 :(.

Everyone is out this evening at different things so tea is either sausage sandwich or chicken wrap, not faffing around tonight.

Lots of pegging out today as the weather is beautiful, long may it continue.

weekend to do list -

Pack ebay items
    ebay listing.
    Tidy kids rooms.
    Ironing
    Catch up with surveys.

Outgoings June -

School lunches DS - £50/£50
    Groceries - £300/£326.80:(
    Petrol - £100/£92
    Bills - £45/£45
    Misc & entertainment £100/£88.75

June Goals-

Make £350/£250
    Stick to grocery budget.
    surveys/ebay.
    Meal plan.
    Packed lunch for work.
    Yoga
    Try and read 2 books. 1 half read
    10/6 NSD.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do you have a block on people with 2 unpaid item strikes? We do, and the number of people who can't bid is huge. We still get quite a few though, it's so frustrating :mad:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    edited 30 June 2018 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Afternoon. Gosh life is busy at the moment and with all the glorious sunshine we havn't been spending much time indoors, hence lack of up dates. So I though I would update for June as overall its been pretty good.

So positives
    Outgoings -

School lunches DS - £50/£50
    Petrol - £100/£92:D
    Bills - £45/£45
    Misc & entertainment £100/£88.75:D

June Goals-

Make £350/£375:j
    surveys/ebay. Have tried really hard to keep up with this.
    Meal plan. Have pretty much stuck to it
    Packed lunch for work. Everyday:D

Not so positive
    Groceries - £300/£326.80.Went over budget but it's better than what we have been spending.
    Yoga. Failed
    Try and read 2 books. 1 half read Enjoying the book i'm reading but not had much free time.
    10/6 NSD. failed.

So even though I failed on a few things overall there are lots of positives, made some money on ebay even though I have had a few none payers, under on misc spends and fuel. So i'm going to say it's been a pretty good month.

Also had some good freebies this week, john frieda shampoo/conditioner satchets which have gone in hols box and a months worth of dishwasher tabs.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    edited 30 June 2018 at 2:34PM
    Options
    So onto July, the month has started for me as I got paid yesterday, I'm upping grocery budget as kids break up in 2 weeks but reducing Fuel as I finish for Summer in 3 weeks, also reduced DS school lunch pot. But will need to up entertainment budget.

Outgoings July -

DS trip payment £200
    School lunches DS - £30/
    Groceries - £400/
    Petrol - £75/
    Bills - £100/
    Misc & entertainment £150/
    GCSE books £20

June Goals-

Make £350/£
    Stick to grocery budget.
    surveys/ebay.
    Meal plan.
    Packed lunch for work.
    Yoga
    Try and read 2 books.
    NSD 10/

Home is feeling much more chilled out now that exams are over, Ds breaks up from school in 2 weeks, DD 2 and 1/2 weeks and me 3weeks. I need to start writing a list of things I need to accomplish during the holiday as there are lots of little house jobs that need doing.
    Rather a large grocery shop yesterday £99.94 in sainburys and £20 in home bargains, also bought a birthday gift £6 and myself a top for hols £3.50, swimsuit for hols £9, linen trousers for work £7.50. I have one more £12 0ff voucher for Sainsburys, then it might be back to aldi.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure