HSBC Credit limit

Options

Comments

• onthefencepost
    Options
    How are HSBC with defaults and say a good 18 months of solid credit history of managing a credit card well. Is it a straight decline, if so is it worth an appeal?
  • deviousimp
    Options
    I'm unsure, you should do an eligibility checker to see what pops up. I don't have any defaults and very little credit history and they've given me £5500.
  • browneyone
    Options
    Finally got my paperwork to sign today.
  • deviousimp
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my card and PIN to arrive. I applied for a bank account about a week later and I've just received information about my new account (dated the 8th of September, received today!). I just don't understand why they're so slow!
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    deviousimp wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my card and PIN to arrive. I applied for a bank account about a week later and I've just received information about my new account (dated the 8th of September, received today!). I just don't understand why they're so slow!

The whole set up is quite strange, I always thought HSBC were one of those forwarding thinking banks but clearly I was wrong! I returned my paperwork yesterday so won't hold my breath for card and PIN.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • dm19
    dm19 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a HSBC student credit card with a £500 limit and was thinking of asking for an increase. Do you think this generosity from HSBC will extend to other credit cards?
  • In my experience all banks treat student cards as very cautiously. If you want a big limit, go for a full card (although you may need to close the student one first).

As an example - I used to have Natwest Student Credit card, held it for about 3 years. They wouldn't budge from £350 limit (max was £500).

RBS gave me £1,000 0% for just over a year. Nationwide gave me £4,000+ on a standard card.
  • browneyone
    Options
    Keep me posted as mines taking ages, I've actually opened a complaint about it.
  • browneyone
    Options
    I got my card today.
  • deviousimp
    Options
    Got my card today as well, signing up for internet banking and activating the card was a PAIN. Not waiting impatiently for a PIN because I'm using it as a balance transfer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure