Landy Bridal

Options

Comments

• northernflasher
    Options
    Please help im so confused. For over a year I've been planning on buying my dress from Landy, finally coming across this thread a few months ago only made me more determined that i had made the right decision But....

I went on my first wedding dress trip on Saturday to try on the styles I had in mind and gather all the info I needed to send to Landy so she could make me a copy. Unfortunately all the dresses I tried on in the floaty chiffon style I'v had in mind didnt suit me at all :(

I didn't find "THE" dress but the ones I really liked that suited me the most were much more structured than I thought I'd need and made out of lace and taffetta rather than the satin that Landy seems to use. Even though they were button/zip up backs which I prefer they felt like they had an internal corset which pulled me in all the right places and made me look and feel a million dollars!

I have now turned into a wreck wondering if im going to get this same feeling from a dress I've never tried on until I've actually bought it and feel really nervous about sticking to my original plan and going with landy.

I know you have mostly all been very positive about her so I would love to hear from those of you that have had dresses made from lace or taffetta from Landy and also those of you that feel your dress had an internal corset that made a big difference to your shape.

There is NO BUDGET for me to buy a dress in this country from a bridal shop so at the moment im gutted and dont know what to do.....
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ......I didn't find "THE" dress but the ones I really liked that suited me the most were much more structured than I thought I'd need and made out of lace and taffetta rather than the satin that Landy seems to use. Even though they were button/zip up backs which I prefer they felt like they had an internal corset which pulled me in all the right places and made me look and feel a million dollars!......

The dress I want is a tafetta one, with a corset back.....the Landy version comes in tafetta, and I can request a corset back rather than the zip they suggest.

Don't forget that when you order a Landy / Milly dress, you have to provide a great long list of measurements - including the distance between your nipples, so it is made to measure your body. The dresses are also boned - although depending on your body shape, you may wish to wear a corset underneath.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • mshelsbels
    mshelsbels Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    NF..I had the same fears as you, but for slightly different reasons! My dress is made from silk, and is a column style dress, with small train. Its quite heavily embellished too, and couldn't find anything on the Landy site similar to the one I tried on (Jenny Packham). I sent them loads of pics, and ordered it in ivory silk - same as the JP one.I'll let you know what it's like as I got an email today to say it's going to be ready in approx 12 days!!! Am SOOOO excited!
    Will let you know what its like......

Hels :T
    Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't! Inevitably they will both be disappointed.
    Albert Einstein
    :smileyhea
  • sal-ad_daze
    sal-ad_daze Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh Mrs Helsbels Please post some pics asap!
    My daughter tried a Jenny Packham today and absolutely fell in love but oh the price!!!!
    I'd love to see how Landy deal with her style.
  • shellnapier
    shellnapier Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    does any one have the coloour charts for chiffon, from landy, or had dresses made in this material
    "Lifes a climb - but the view up in fantastic"
    Gina Shoe Challange - £150 14 days - day1 £3.01
  • mshelsbels
    mshelsbels Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Shell,
    If you pm me your email address I can email the chiffon colour swatch to you.
    Regards,
    Hels
    Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't! Inevitably they will both be disappointed.
    Albert Einstein
    :smileyhea
  • brownbabygirl
    brownbabygirl Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    xJayJayx wrote: »
    lindaweiwei you don't have to post the same thing in every landy thread.. it seems a bit like spamming.
    If you're a genuine user you may want to stop posting in every landy post about how "bad" they are.

:T nice one. Lindaweiwei is most prob a Landy competitor....
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • xJayJayx
    xJayJayx Posts: 616 Forumite
    Options
    yep, well she hasn't been back since. *touch wood*
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Well, we got married yesterday and I was complimented so many times on my dress!

When I got the photos taken the bodice and jacket were glittering in the light and the skirt was lovely and full once the petticoat was underneath. When I walked in the chapel, jaws literally dropped and my new husband was nearly in tears, never mind the relatives :rotfl::rotfl:

One guest asked where I had got it and said 'I bet you didn't get much change from a grand, at least'....I told her the whole lot cost £150 and she was absolutely gobsmacked :D

I honestly felt like a princess all day, and would recommend Landy to every bride.

I will post some pics when I get back from my honeymoon - take care everyone x
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Aw hugs Louise congratulations Mrs .
    Booo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts