PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    Proud mum champagne moment today (sorry!) my youngest son has just phoned to say he has got a job on a top Graduate scheme after he finishes University in June. Great salary and a signing bonus. He already had a job offer from his placement employer, but this firm was the one he really wanted, and as a bonus, he can travel from home until he finds his feet and can get his own place.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Proud mum champagne moment today (sorry!) my youngest son has just phoned to say he has got a job on a top Graduate scheme after he finishes University in June. Great salary and a signing bonus. He already had a job offer from his placement employer, but this firm was the one he really wanted, and as a bonus, he can travel from home until he finds his feet and can get his own place.

No need to apologise,.....that is a great champagne moment.

Well done that boy!!!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 December 2018 at 3:17PM
    Options
    Well done to your Son HAPPY :T
    Brr it's freezing here today, n my joints are protesting. Am sitting with a hot water bottle under a dog pile. I have 2 seater, n 3 seater sofas, I'm currently on 1 cushion of the 2 seater , with both dogs on top of me :)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Well my champagne moment is a little more prosaic but nonetheless quite an achievement ......given my aches and pains today. :rotfl:

I really do feel every one of my 67 years today.

Anyway

Ta da

I got that monster of a Christmas tree up. All by myself. I know I know, not much to brag about but to me it was up there with climbing Everest. :rotfl:

I'm done for now so I'll decorate it tomorrow. It will be worth the effort.

Just had a little man knock on my door. Would I like him to clean my windows. Ha Ha would I ever.

I know it's only a bungalow and I'm perfectly capable of cleaning windows (very badly:rotfl:) but my motto is "why have a dog and bark yourself". If someone else wants to do them that's fine by me.

I'm all for delegating. :rotfl:
  • lessonlearned
    edited 14 December 2018 at 3:26PM
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Well done to your Son HAPPY :T
    Brr it's freezing here today, n my joints are protesting. Am sitting with a hot water bottle under a dog pile. I have 2 seater, n 3 seater sofas, I'm currently on 1 cushion of the 2 seater , with both dogs on top of me :)

I know it's freezing here too.

Like you my joints and muscles are protesting. I think I need some furry friends. :D.

I used to have a cat but he's now gone to live with my son.

Took him in as a stray, half starved, covered in fleas. Got him well then blow me he got knocked down by a car and ended with two pins holding his pelvis together and a huge vets bill (insurance didn't cover all of it).

Nursed him back to health again and after all that he's now shacked up with my son. Ungrateful wretch (the cat).

He never phones, he never writes. Lol
  • candygirl
    Options
    "a little man" :rotfl: 'LL you reminded me of Hyacinth Bouquet for a min then :rotfl:
    Well done on the erection (Xmas tree):rotfl:

• candygirl
    Options
    I know it's freezing here. Like you my joints and muscles are protesting. I think I need some furry friends. :D.

I'll post 9 month old Zeus to you then :D He's a whizzing ball of testosterone at the mo :rotfl: Nuts off time next month :o

• lessonlearned
    Options
    Siebrie wrote: »
    We will visit my parents from 21 December until 1 January, and I am planning our time there: visits to my cousins, to my recently widowed aunt, to an indoor fun fair, the christmas service, a friend's birthday at a small cheesemaking farm, and shopping(!). Prices of everything are much lower there than where we live, so for many items and food, we go shopping in my hometown.

I start making my shopping list about a month before we travel, and start looking for vouchers, discount codes, etc. This helps me add champagne moments to our lives.

Sounds great. Some nice outings planned. Should be fun.

What will you be buying......;)
  • candygirl
    Options
    Aww dya not fancy another cat 'LL? Both my Grandcats are rescued, n are so cute, but I'm allergic to cats :(
    The Furnutters are v hard work, but brilliant company, n are so funny :rotfl:

• Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 December 2018 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Small dessert bowls, shoes, hair dresser, perfume, reduced christmas stuff (1 item each year), eco fair trade meat, toys (for dds and friends during school year), flowers and bulbs, fruit and veg, spice mixes, winter shoes for dds, ....

My champagne moment tonight: seeing both dds sing in the school choir during the school's christmas fayre.

eta: second champagne moment was letting dds (7 and 10) put up and decorate the tree without my help. I only put the lights in. They were lovely, dividing tasks and gently discussing placement of the balls and guirlandes.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback