Official Free Boilers and Insulation guide discussion

Options

Comments

• CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Do you know which companies are already up and running in this boiler scheme, please? Also, can I register with one of them, as well as having already done so with EDF? Thanks.
  • GDADEA
    GDADEA Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    CGG wrote: »
    Do you know which companies are already up and running in this boiler scheme, please? Also, can I register with one of them, as well as having already done so with EDF? Thanks.

Hi, Not specifically in your area no, sorry, try googling free eco boiler and then imho look for a gas installer offering them, hopefully if you find a good local company you will be able to have your new boiler fitted within weeks, not months as some people have been told. When you speak to them check they actually have funding in place, and what the turnaround time from EPC and eligibility check to boiler fitting is. If they are any good total should be less than 2 weeks. Good Luck!
  • CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try your suggestions.
  • Enigma209
    Options
    Hello All

The information on this thread is very interesting ... thanks to all contributors.

However, there is something I'd like to ask that does not seem to have been covered so far ... I refer to Oil fired Boilers.

All the references I read so far refer to free Gas boilers ... does anyone know whether free Oil fired boilers are included ? ... and if so by whom ?

Where I live (Yorkshire Dales) there is no gas.
  • haz25a
    haz25a Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Enigma209 wrote: »
    Hello All

The information on this thread is very interesting ... thanks to all contributors.

However, there is something I'd like to ask that does not seem to have been covered so far ... I refer to Oil fired Boilers.

All the references I read so far refer to free Gas boilers ... does anyone know whether free Oil fired boilers are included ? ... and if so by whom ?

As far as I'm aware this only applies to Gas boilers.
  • GDADEA
    GDADEA Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Enigma209 wrote: »
    Hello All

Hi, They are an eligible measure but not as straight forward as a gas change. List of eligible measures under HHCRO below, taken from an ECO funding provider in Yorkshire for you ;-):

Qualifying Measures:

(*) = Funding available through the Hub (subject to project review by Yorkshire Energy Services)

Cavity Wall Insulation (*)
    Hard to Treat Cavity Wall Insulation (*)
    Draught Proofing (*)
    External Wall Insulation (*)
    Internal Wall Insulation (*)
    Loft Insulation inc Rafter and Loft Hatch Insulation (*)
    Pipe Work Insulation
    Roof Insulation
    Room In Roof Insulation
    Under-Floor Insulation
    Replacement Glazing
    Secondary Glazing
    Gas Fired Condensing Boilers (*)
    Oil Fired Condensing Boilers (*)
    Fan Assisted Replacement Storage Heaters (*)
    Heating Controls for Wet Central Heating and Warm Air Systems (*)
    Flue Gas Heat Recovery Devices
    Warm Air Units
    High Performance External Doors
    Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery
    Hot Water Controls inc Timers and Temperature Control (*)
    Efficient Hot Water Systems (*)
    Biomass Boilers
    Biomass Room Heaters inc Radiators
    Air Source Heat Pumps
    Ground Source Heat Pumps
    Micro Wind Generation
    Solar Photovoltaic Systems
    Solar Thermal Systems (Solar Hot Water)
    Water Source Heat Pumps
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Update -had the surveyor round from Scottish Gas and we qualify for a new boiler and an increase in our insulation. We already have an appointment for the insulation to be fitted. I was told that from my first contact they have 61 days to complete so I should also have my boiler by the beginning of Sept. They still have to do a technical survey where they also look at the radiators and if they need replaced that is included too.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • haz25a
    haz25a Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Scottish Mummy. You're a step ahead of me so your posts are really helpful.

Scottish Gas phoned me today and I have my survey booked for next week. I don't need insulation as I had all that done last year. They did mention something about possibly replacing the radiators but that would mean ripping up my laminate flooring which I can't afford to replace. If I get a new boiler I'll be happy with that. :)

Will post future updates.
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    We had 100mm of insulation put in when we bought this place but apparently the minimum recommended now is 250mm so they are going to top it up.

We have the original floorboards so if need be they should be just the same when put back. At least I hope so.

Does anyone know roughly how long radiators should last? I think these ones are just 16 years old (like the boiler) and so far, apart from one thermostat valve needing replaced, have never had a problem.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • moggy12
    moggy12 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My experience so far I found a advert in my local midlands newspaper for free boiler if on certain benefits from a company called Northern gas heating so I phoned up had my details had a home check on 20th July about 2 weeks later had a home efficiency check got a call yesterday 23/07/13 saying boiler is being fitted tomorrow on there website they say they use valliant boilers which I have reviewed online and they say they are one of the best reliable boilers so from start to finish just over a month so far very impressed will update after installation later today
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback