PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 22nd October 2018

Options
Natty68
Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
edited 25 October 2018 at 9:30PM in Old style MoneySaving
WeWelcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

There are 3 levels per day with depending on how much time you have. Feel free to mix and match to suit your own personal circumstances.

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week:

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Ok here goes this week!

Seeing as many of our children have half term this week wouldn't it be nice if the little (and not so little!!) people helped!!!!.

Monday Mayhem ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
Level One...
Vacuum floors and sofas
Level Two...
Dusting, even if around everything
Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
Level Three...
Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.

Extra Mission:
Pick one or more of the following tasks –
  • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
  • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
  • Clean a window or two.
  • Binbag dance.. Get a binbag.. fill it and bin it!!!
  • Ring someone you love, just to tell them you love them!!

Terrible Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
Level One...
Clean floors
Level Two...
Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
Level Three...
Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
Descale kettle and iron
Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
Extra Mission
Choose one or more of:
  • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
  • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
  • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
  • 30 minutes ironing.

Wacky Wednesday - those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
Level One...
Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
Spend at least half an hour doing something for yourself!!!!! Paint your nails, make an appointment to have your hair done, a lovely soak in the bath.. whatever you feel like!!
Level Two...
Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
Level Three...
Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
Extra Task List
  • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
  • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
  • 30 minutes ironing.. You know you love doing it!!!!
  • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!

Tremendous Thursday - Master Bedroom & Landing
Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
Remove and wash bed linen.
Level Two...
Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
15 minutes floordrobe clearance
Level Three...
Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
Extra tasks list, as usual choose one or more
  • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
  • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
  • Clean windows in these rooms
  • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!

Freaky Friday- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
Level One...

Clean floors in these rooms
Level Two...
Clean baths, toilets and sinks
Clear any clutter from desk
Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
Level Three...
Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
Wipe down tiles in bathroom..
Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
Clear a mega hotspot!.. shred it.. and fling it.. or just burn it! .. Does anyone have a pulper to make logs from their old papers??
Extra mission:
Pick whichever you want to attempt:
  • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
  • Check through those bottles.. what can be flung/decanted/and do you not need to buy until the year 3000??
  • clean the radiators and woodwork in these rooms
  • Get those uniforms, games kits, coats and things in the wash which you will need on Monday

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️

Comments

• Natty68
    Options
    Flylady 2018 Challenges - GO FLYERS GO

SCRIMPERS (no spend OCTOBER)

atypical blonde
    Lamewolf
    Pigpen
    Natty (was a naughty flylady..lol)
    Kazwookie
    Jazee
    Honey Bear
    Valli
    Fayolle
    Yorkshirelass
    Lynnejk
    Mumof2

SLINKIES - weight loss challenge

Lynnejk - 9lb
    Narcolepsy *some*
    Valli 2st/28lb
    Dizzy Imp 2st/28lb
    FurryBeastOz 2st/28lb
    nannygladys 3st/42lb
    Fayolle 2st/28lb
    atypicalblonde 2st/28lb
    Princess Money Penny
    Lil_me 5st/70lb
    JojotheTightfisted
    LameWolf 2st/28lb
    Roundtuit 56lb
    Jazee 2st/28lb
    Pigpen *some*
    MrsMoneypenny 1st at least
    Froddington 2st
    Dancemum 3st
    Mademoiselle about 2 st
    Ionafan 1st 11lb 9lb (hope that's right!) Excellent work
    donnajt 3 st
    Rosemary7391
    Mrs Chaos 16lb
    Faete 2st
    Natty 1st 7Ib {9lb lost}
    Kazwookie 2st tbc
    Honey Bear 5 kgs

Flymarketeers

FurryBeastOz
    Pigpen
    Valli
    Mumof2
    donnjt - £1k for hols

H2H (hovel to haven)

HoneyBear
    Froddington
    Roundtuit
    Mumof2
    FurryBeastOz
    funfairprincess
    Mrs Moneypenny
    hex2
    Fayolle
    lynnejk
    riotlady
    donnajt - by Summer
    Mrs Chaos
    Natty
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    I'm in Natty thank you.

Bedtime now, washing drying in front of woodburner and DW on. Sleep well all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Natty68
    Options
    Reposting again for new thread, and I'm sneaking this through, so hopefully it won't get noticed and I won't get told off.. :D
    :xmastree:FLYLADY CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP 2018!!!!!!!!!!!:xmastree:

DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL DETAILS HERE!!!!!!!!!

It's that time of year again - Christmas Card time..

If you wish to be involved you need to email your name (if you wish to disclose that), MSE user Id.. This is vital or you won't be included.. (just so I know you are really a flylady!!) and address to which you want the cards sending.
    Can you please put Flylady Christmas Card in the subject of your email.
    Please email to flyladycards@gmail.com

I will be sending out the card list on 20th November 2018

Thank you everyone xxx
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm in if you'll have me.
    Thanks to the fly givers x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you Natty.

I will be flying as and when, as I have two pieces of written work that have to take priority this week, plus hospital visit for DH and various other meetings to go to and/or run.

Tbh, I shall be glad when Friday comes round...

Welcome back FFP :wave:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you Natty, and Valli for last week. I'm in, but probably from Wednesday onwards. Half term here from next Thursday.

Lots of hugs, sticks, and spoons as needed. I've had a pretty chill-axed weekend, but I can see that there are plenty of lovely ladies who haven't. X
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I am on holiday this week (Sunday to Sunday) so I'm out (nothing new there!) but cheering you all on from the sidelines.

Hope everyone has a good week in life, flying and those of you with facing various challenges find peace in your troubles.

For those on half term, enjoy the rest of, enjoy the time with your children. For those still working,enjoy the extra 5 minutes in bed that the reduced traffic allows you.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Idiot Cat has decided it's time he started paying rent again.

Idiot Cat has been relocated from behind the TD into the back garden with his Unhappy Rodent trophy, where he is currently pretending to be an Orca with a Baby Seal.

Himself has come over all unnecessary as I suggested he put said Unhappy Rodent out of its misery with a steel toecapped boot or spade if it were still partly alive and Idiot Cat put it down for a second. I was barefoot, so obviously couldn't do this myself.

Idiot Cat has now come back in sans Rodent and is currently looking extremely pleased with himself. And Himself is looking at me with one eyebrow raised for praising my gormless little monster and muttering about how he can't believe I didn't grow up in the countryside with my attitude towards such things.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for lists.
    I'm in after a fashion, but with several reports to write up, 2 assessments booked, decorating in progress and my Mum arriving on Thurs it is likely to be fluttering.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • frankerooney
    Options
    I'm here again this week as we are still without cleaner, although I'm in no hurry as I am actually enjoying cleaning the bits our lovely lady used to skip. Well I do understand that in 2 hours a week she couldn't possibly do it all thoroughly. And also I am an all-or-nothing person so the house is starting to look shiny... for 5 minutes... until the children cover it all in their grubby hand prints and the trails of general tat that follow them everywhere. Love em.
    Thanks for the list Natty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport