JUST EAT hideous charges

Options

Comments

• Farmer_Johnson
    Options
    HappyUser wrote: »
    This company is really the most horrendous company ever. They made money out of nothing and now they heavily rip off people!

There are some whiny posts on this site, but yours is definitely one of the whiniest.

If you do not like the charges then pick the food up yourself. They are charging for a service, and it sounds like a reasonable price.
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There are some whiny posts on this site, but yours is definitely one of the whiniest.

If you do not like the charges then pick the food up yourself. They are charging for a service, and it sounds like a reasonable price.

Quite! Also not sure why OP has posted this under 'going out' when that's the reverse of what Just Eat sets out to do.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Lisbon wrote: »
    Quite! Also not sure why OP has posted this under 'going out' when that's the reverse of what Just Eat sets out to do.

And it's not a 'deal' either.

But then HappyUser clearly ain't happy, so perhaps it all makes sense in a perverse kinda way.:)
  • Middlestitch
    Options
    Ever thought of learning to cook?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    I don't use them, but am not surprised. They are built to make a profit, I personally would be surprised if you didn't have to pay service/delivery charges. It's a bit ridiculous to expect food to turn up at your home via a third party at exactly the same price as the place it comes from without extra charges.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also as I live alone, JustEat have minimum order amount which when ordering from directly from the takeaway, doesn’t have a minimum order
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also as I live alone, JustEat have minimum order amount which when ordering from directly from the takeaway, doesn’t have a minimum order

so i am assuming you dont use just eat. like has been said everyone has a choice.
    Until recently places like Wimpy, KFC, Toby carvery and Harvester had a no minimum order and free delivery.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HappyUser wrote: »
    You don't understand that these horrible people also charge delivery fee and on top they inflate the prices as well.

I am sure you would not like that when you buy your pints.

So use Just Eat, don't use Just Eat. Simple choice.
  • AubreyMac
    AubreyMac Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I very occasionally use JE (only because when you google 'take away near me' it's the first thing that comes up). I did not know they inflate the prices, I had thought they get a cut with the take away because even if prices were exactly the same I'm sure the shop gets more business through the convenience of JE.

I'll remember to compare directly with the take away next time, thanks for pointing this out.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    AubreyMac wrote: »
    I very occasionally use JE (only because when you google 'take away near me' it's the first thing that comes up). I did not know they inflate the prices, I had thought they get a cut with the take away because even if prices were exactly the same I'm sure the shop gets more business through the convenience of JE.

I'll remember to compare directly with the take away next time, thanks for pointing this out.

I don't believe that Just Eat do inflate the prices. It's the restaurants that set the prices. If the restaurant charges more for a Just Eat order than a direct order, you can claim back double the difference through the Just Eat Price Promise.

https://www.just-eat.co.uk/help/article/204298552/what-s-the-just-eat-price-promise-all-about
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback