JUST EAT hideous charges

Options

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »
    https://www.just-eat.co.uk/help/article/204298552/what-s-the-just-eat-price-promise-all-about
    What’s the JUST EAT Price Promise all about?
    We guarantee you'll pay the same price for your meal ordered on Just Eat as you would ordering from the restaurant direct*. So, if you find your order placed on Just Eat advertised by the restaurant for less (either on a menu popped through your door or advertised anywhere online) then we'll send you double the difference in the form of a Just Eat voucher. That's our Price Promise to you.

*Excludes service charge, delivery fees and special offers.

Can't say I'm surprised. Their business model would not make any sense if it wasn't the case that restaurants were required to charge the same price.

So, if ScarletMarble really has discovered some takeaways in Leicestershire who are charging more for Just Eat orders they should now be very happy. They can order on Just Eat, and use the Price Promise to reclaim double the difference, and enjoy even cheaper half crispy aromatic ducks, or whatever.:)
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had an email from them on friday with a 20% off code then on saturday got a 50% off code valid until the 2nd of Jan.
    Ill save loads of money ordering through them rather than going direct to the take away :)
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    HappyUser wrote: »
    The problem is that hideous Just Eat company wants to get rich by providing a nonsense dirt cheap almost zero value service.

Apart from the convenience of ordering online, paying online, (most takeaways I know are cash only, so another trip needed to the cash point) and delivery to your door.

No one is forced to use them, it's a choice.

Don't use them myself as I get 10% off for collection from most of my regulars and it's invariably quicker for me to collect anyway.
  • HornetSaver
    HornetSaver Posts: 3,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    They've been around for years - surprised it's news to some!

I used to stick to HungryHouse exclusively. Coverage not quite as good but their cut came out of the takeaway's margin (i.e. the takeaway treated it as an alternative form of advertising), rather than as an extra.

Then of course, they merged with JustEat. :(
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe I'm completely missing the point of this complaint, but if I buy 4 pints of milk from the supermarket it costs a pound, if I get the milkman to deliver it I'd probably pay that for a pint. Provision of service with associated convenience comes at a cost.
  • HappyUser
    HappyUser Posts: 301 Forumite
    edited 25 December 2018 at 6:59PM
    Options
    The promise is not going to work as Just Eat charge more supposedly for their service.
  • baza52
    Options
    The promise is not going to work as Just Eat charge more supposedly for their service.
    So DIY and walk or drive to the takeaway and get your food.
    Just eat is a service and nobody forces you to use it as others have said.
    I dont mind paying for delivery, i also pay for stamps to get letters delivered and postage for internet orders to reach my home.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shop elsewhere. Sorted.
  • HappyUser
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Maybe I'm completely missing the point of this complaint, but if I buy 4 pints of milk from the supermarket it costs a pound, if I get the milkman to deliver it I'd probably pay that for a pint. Provision of service with associated convenience comes at a cost.

You don't understand that these horrible people also charge delivery fee and on top they inflate the prices as well.

I am sure you would not like that when you buy your pints.
  • baza52
    Options
    You don't understand that these horrible people also charge delivery fee and on top they inflate the prices as well.

I am sure you would not like that when you buy your pints.
    if you have milk delivered you pay a premium, its more expensive than the supermarket but you pay for the convenience of having it delivered.
    At the end of the day you can still visit the take-away and pay the standard price. If you want a delivery expect to pay a premium for it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback