Options
123457»

Comments

• sonofmerton
    sonofmerton Posts: 72 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2021 at 10:24PM
    Options
    i use a burger place on occasion by delivery. if i go to get it myself this is the process.

get dressed, leave house, get in car, drive 4.2 miles using petrol i paid for and car wear, park (usually walking up at least 2 flights of stairs) and pay 2 quid, walk 400 yards to burger place, queue up, order and pay, wait, walk back to car (usually walk up 2 flights of stairs), drive 4.2 miles using petrol i paid for plus car wear, park, enter house, unpack food and eat it - cost of burger place 8 quid, plus petrol of 1 quid, car park of 2 quid, wear of car unknown, time about 30 minutes, food luke warm. = 11 quid

if i order via just eat i sit here in my boxers and t shirt, press a few buttons on my laptop, internet use and electric a few pence. i watch a you tube video whilst slobbing out. 35 minutes later the bell rings, i go downstairs receive order from delivery driver, eat burger which is hot. cost of burger 8 pounds plus 2.50 delivery, 1 quid tip, 50p surcharge = 12 quid  

so for a pound difference i can just lie there in bed slobbing out without all the hassle of going out myself for the sake of a pound. 

it is about convenience. for some they prefer to walk 5 minutes to their takeaway, yes i have ordered one from a restaurant only 5 minutes away. i couldn't be bothered with the aforementioned. 

if someone is complaining about the difference of a quid or two i question if they can afford the restaurant in the first place.

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i use a burger place on occasion by delivery. if i go to get it myself this is the process.

get dressed, leave house, get in car, drive 4.2 miles using petrol i paid for and car wear, park (usually walking up at least 2 flights of stairs) and pay 2 quid, walk 400 yards to burger place, queue up, order and pay, wait, walk back to car (usually walk up 2 flights of stairs), drive 4.2 miles using petrol i paid for plus car wear, park, enter house, unpack food and eat it - cost of burger place 8 quid, plus petrol of 1 quid, car park of 2 quid, wear of car unknown, time about 30 minutes, food luke warm. = 11 quid

if i order via just eat i sit here in my boxers and t shirt, press a few buttons on my laptop, internet use and electric a few pence. i watch a you tube video whilst slobbing out. 35 minutes later the bell rings, i go downstairs receive order from delivery driver, eat burger which is hot. cost of burger 8 pounds plus 2.50 delivery, 1 quid tip, 50p surcharge = 12 quid  

so for a pound difference i can just lie there in bed slobbing out without all the hassle of going out myself for the sake of a pound. 

it is about convenience. for some they prefer to walk 5 minutes to their takeaway, yes i have ordered one from a restaurant only 5 minutes away. i couldn't be bothered with the aforementioned. 

if someone is complaining about the difference of a quid or two i question if they can afford the restaurant in the first place.

I hope the burger is worth it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure