PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 August 2019 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Been to the docs.He was brilliant, n spent 45 mins questioning me about symptoms, n doing loads of reflex tests etc.He's referring me to a neurologist, as was worried about my tremors n leg weakness. It's a result I suppose :o
    Great news 're the car LL x
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aye it's a result .......at least he's taking you seriously and referring you to a neurologist.

Hope you don't have to wait too long. :grouphug:
  • candygirl
    Options
    Aye it's a result .......at least he's taking you seriously and referring you to a neurologist.

Hope you don't have to wait too long. :grouphug:

Forgot to say , he's doubled my levothroxine!! :eek:

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning everyone, some welcome rain here this morning.

Candy, good luck with the meds. Hope you feel a bit better soon.

Well after a busy day I sat and enjoyed the fruits of my labours in the garden. I lit the chiminea to burn some papers and relaxed with a much deserved G&T. :D. Nice champagne moment.

Today is maintenance day for me......acupuncture and then into town to get a haircut. A little mooch round the shops and maybe lunch or a coffee somewhere.

I think I've earned a rest today. :rotfl:
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Been to the docs.He was brilliant, n spent 45 mins questioning me about symptoms, n doing loads of reflex tests etc.He's referring me to a neurologist, as was worried about my tremors n leg weakness. It's a result I suppose :o
    Great news 're the car LL x

Sounds like a step in the right direction, Candygirl - hopefully you'll get your neurologist appointment soon :)

Champagne moment last night - snuggling down in the snug (lol!) with a delicious homemade chilli whilst binge-watching Game of Thrones with DH :D

Heavy rain overnight and a bit of thunder during the early hours here in SW Wales. Still raining now, albeit not so heavily - great for the garden but not so good for DH who's headed off to Herefordshire to collect his new car.......sadly I'm stuck at home awaiting a delivery.

Enjoy being pampered, LL!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My Champagne moments yesterday was using my Odeon Limitless card to buy tickets at Odeon Covent Garden for the films Animals and The Current War.:D

Animals
    is about long-time friends and party-lovers Laura and Tyler as they navigate life and love in Dublin, Ireland. However, the girls find themselves drifting apart when Laura becomes engaged. Based on the novel of the same name by Emma Jane Unsworth. :)

This film has some nudity, lots of strong language, drug misuse and sex scenes so it will not be everyone's cup of tea. ;) I found this film was very character driven and the characters were very well drawn.I had a lot of laugh out loud moments. :D The only disappointment for me was the end of the film. I would give this film 8.5/10 :D

The Current War
    is the story of Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse – one a brilliant inventor, the other a hugely successful businessman – fought each other in ‘The Current War’, over whose electricity system would power the world.

Whoever won this battle had the potential to control everything: lighting, communication and transportation could all be powered by this revolutionary new technology. And in the bitter, cutthroat competition that ensued, only one could ever come out on top.

A riveting drama about a defining moment in the history of technology, ‘The Current War’ stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Edison, Michael Shannon as Westinghouse and Nicholas Hoult as Nikola Tesla.

I found this film based on historical facts really engaging and utterly fascinating. :D It also brought the names of Westinghouse and Tesla to my attention as I had never heard these 2 gentlemen's names associated with the invention of the harnessing of electricity for public use before. I would give this film 9.5/10 :D
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It was a champagne on a lemonade budget moment as I bought some stuff on Superdrug on sale and I got a free gift as well.:T

I had a good nights sleep last night as I have had trouble sleeping the past few nights. My body must have needed it.:)

It's great that he is taking you seriously!
    Forgot to say , he's doubled my levothroxine!! :eek:

I hope it works.xx
  • candygirl
    Options
    Omg I'm so embarrassed!Just fell in the supermarket, n couldn't get up.My legs literally turned to jelly, n gave way!!A security guard had to help me get up, n got me a cup of tea in the cafe:o I need shooting :rotfl:
    Hope you all have fab days xxx

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,602 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you're OK candygirl.
  • candygirl
    Options