IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim, EXCEL

Comments

• Quentin wrote: »
    As you have learned it's not their business model to issue PCNs and just let them fester if they don't get paid!

So what are you saying? I should pay?
  • When you receive their witness statement they will try to maintain that the contract was formed at the point of entry to the car park and cite the case Thornton v Shoe Lane. The car park in question (Shoe Lane) was a barrier car park with a clear sign at the barrier. The car would stop and take a ticket.

There are numerous instances online whereby Excel fail to maintain their equipment properly although they will claim the opposite in their WS. I have used instances in my WS which their rep is not happy about. (have not had hearing yet as case was rescheduled).

They will also cite the Vine v Waltham case. Not sure why they use this because Miss Vine actually won on appeal.

The car park in question didn't have a barrier etc. and again I paid the money and wasn't issued a ticket.

Will that actually hold up in court? Just seems a little flimsy... Although I've no experience in court etc.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    You could ask for the maintenance records on their machines.It sounds as if the tally roll that produces the tickets had run out.

Did you leave anything on the dashboard such as a note?

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Pringle114 wrote: »
    So what are you saying? I should pay?

Don't know how you got that suggestion from anything I have posted??
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Please note that the period allowed for us to respond to the request for this information, begins when we receive the additional information necessary to ascertain the identity of the person applying for a copy of their personal data.

This is a lie.

The clock starts from the date of the original request, and they know it. Complain to them about their misrepresentation when you send the VRN/PCN number confirmation.

Complain to the ICO about their misrepresentation, and complain again if they miss the original 30 day deadline.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • They've replied with what I asked for. However I made the below request which they've not supplied:

A PDT machine record from 28/12/2018, which must show all payments made, and partially redacted VRN’s, with sufficient information to protect full disclosure of other VRN’s, but enough letters or numbers to establish and identify if a payment was made.

Should I follow up?
  • You could ask for the maintenance records on their machines.It sounds as if the tally roll that produces the tickets had run out.

Did you leave anything on the dashboard such as a note?

Unfortunately not as I was in a rush to pick my daughter up. I requested a PDT record from the machine which they haven't supplied as part if the SAR.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 April 2019 at 12:53PM
    They've replied with what I asked for. However I made the below request which they've not supplied:

A PDT machine record from 28/12/2018, which must show all payments made, and partially redacted VRN’s, with sufficient information to protect full disclosure of other VRN’s, but enough letters or numbers to establish and identify if a payment was made.

Should I follow up?

They will avoid that question. It is however up to them to prove the machine was working correctly at the time
    If a payment was made and the machine did not offer the service, then what happened to the money ???
    One must assume that EXCEL stole it ?
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    They will avoid that question. It is however up to them to prove the machine was working correctly at the time
    If a payment was made and the machine did not offer the service, then what happened to the money ???
    One must assume that EXCEL stole it ?

As I've not yet mentioned to them that my defense would be that the machine stole my money and didnt issue a ticket, should I reply with this info? Stating that I will need this etc? Or...?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    As I've not yet mentioned to them that my defense would be that the machine stole my money and didnt issue a ticket, should I reply with this info? Stating that I will need this etc? Or...?

You need to ask what happened to your money, again the onus is with them to provide proof.

You put money in the machine in good faith and foillowed the rules of the car park so a dodgy machine could be seen as frustration of contract.

The main point you will ask a judge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport