IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim, EXCEL

Options
Hi,

I've finally received my Letter Before Claim from Excel Parking Services. As of yet I've followed the appeal process outlined on the NEWBIES thread and have arrived at this stage.

I'm attempting to request a SAR but I don't know where/who to send this to?

Originally this came through Excel via myparkingcharge . com.

But either way I can't find where to email/send letter to requesting a SAR.

Can someone help me please?

Also, this has started because the ticket machine ate my money and didn't issue a ticket. I haven't mentioned this to Excel in the appeal, I assume it's still not worth mentioning?

Any direction from here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    All of the answers to your questions are in and around this forum, I have seen where to send a SAR to Excel scumbags on a dozen threads or more!

As regards 'non issue of ticket' again this has been covered on loads of threads.

Time for you to start searching around.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    check the privacy page on their website, that is where these details are for all companies, due to GDPR
  • Pringle114
    Pringle114 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you I've sorted it. Now just nervously waiting on court papers!
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Don't be nervous, even if you do go to Court its highly likely you will be ordered to pay less than the scumbags are claiming and that's only IF you lose.

With a well crafted defence and help to hone it to perfection by the experts on here 99% of Court cases are won and the scumbags scuttle off back down the sewers (where they belong)

If your not already doing this, KEEP reading all around the forum it really does help you gain a much better understanding of how parking scammers operate and Excel are a particularly nasty scammer, get this into your head 'Chance favours the prepared mind'.
  • Pringle114
    Options
    just had a reply abiut my requested SAR with Excel parking. I bekieve I had at least 1 PCN with them 5+ years ago as well... Anyway this is what they've said:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence regarding a copy of personal data we hold under your name in-line with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018.

You must appreciate that for the purpose of Data Protection we cannot disclose details in respect of this matter without being sure of the identity of the person making the request. The Information Commissioner's Office states "If you have doubts about the identity of the person making the request you can ask for more information". We note you have provided your name and address details however, we would require further details to enable us to locate and provide any data held. We hope you will appreciate a search under your surname returns a number of PCN accounts.

Please note that the period allowed for us to respond to the request for this information, begins when we receive the additional information necessary to ascertain the identity of the person applying for a copy of their personal data.

Therefore in order for us to proceed, we require you to supply the following details as soon as possible:

CHARGE NOTICE NUMBER:

Or

VEHICLE REGISTRATION No:

The information to be sent may contain a number of PDF documents and/or zip files which will be of a large data size. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to both receive and open the files and to check your spam/junk folders at regular intervals.

The requested information will be sent to your confirmed email address unless, we receive confirmation from you that it is to be provided via a secure third party file transfer host, for example WeTransfer.

Yours Sincerely

Do I give then my regustration?? What do I do now? Will this dig out old PCN debt to add to current one? Getting worried now so any help is appreciated!

Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably they already know your reg!

So no harm possible by confirming it
  • Pringle114
    Options
    Am I nit to worry that they'll dig out the old PCN and try and claim for both??
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    As you have learned it's not their business model to issue PCNs and just let them fester if they don't get paid!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Also, this has started because the ticket machine ate my money and didn't issue a ticket. I haven't mentioned this to Excel in the appeal, I assume it's still not worth mentioning?

Of course it is worth mentioning, extremely vociferously, it will be one on the main planks of your defence.

You upheld your end of the contract by proffering payment. By accepting that payment they agreed to be contractually bound. If this
    were to get in front of a judge they might well struggle. Increase you firepower, enlist the help of your MP.

On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

b
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 April 2019 at 11:48AM
    Options
    When you receive their witness statement they will try to maintain that the contract was formed at the point of entry to the car park and cite the case Thornton v Shoe Lane. The car park in question (Shoe Lane) was a barrier car park with a clear sign at the barrier. The car would stop and take a ticket.

There are numerous instances online whereby Excel fail to maintain their equipment properly although they will claim the opposite in their WS. I have used instances in my WS which their rep is not happy about. (have not had hearing yet as case was rescheduled).

They will also cite the Vine v Waltham case. Not sure why they use this because Miss Vine actually won on appeal.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport