Oneselect ceased trading

Options

Comments

• Westsussex_2
    Options
    We left OneSelect in June this year, and it took a very long time - till I contacted the in September, for them to generate our final bill and then another month to get our balance back. I made a complaint to Ofgem about their customer service. OneSelect and I had reached deadlock.

The ombudsman found in our favour and has ordered OneSelect to pay us £75.

I suspect that all is lost and we won't be paid but I don't know what happens in this situation? Any ideas?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    OFGEM have appointed Together Energy to take on OneSelect’s customers after they ceased trading. This appointment will take effect on Friday 14 December.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/oneselect-customers-your-questions-new-supplier-together-energy

Together Energy tariffs are here
    https://togetherenergy.co.uk/terms/tariffs/
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Westsussex wrote: »
    We left OneSelect in June this year, and it took a very long time - till I contacted the in September, for them to generate our final bill and then another month to get our balance back. I made a complaint to Ofgem about their customer service. OneSelect and I had reached deadlock.

The ombudsman found in our favour and has ordered OneSelect to pay us £75.

I suspect that all is lost and we won't be paid but I don't know what happens in this situation? Any ideas?
    I am owed compensation by OneSelect, will Together Energy pay me this?

No. Together Energy will not pay this compensation. You should contact OneSelect’s administrators in this situation. We will publish their contact details in ‘Further help and advice’ below when they are appointed.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/oneselect-customers-your-questions-new-supplier-together-energy
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,411 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 December 2018 at 9:50PM
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    OFGEM have appointed Together Energy to take on OneSelect’s customers after they ceased trading. This appointment will take effect on Friday 14 December.

Together Energy tariffs are here
    https://togetherenergy.co.uk/terms/tariffs/
    Wow, out of the frying pan into the fire... "Clydesdale-based Together Energy launched in October 2016. It currently supplies gas and electricity to about 6,000 customers." Not sure if that figure is up to date, but now it has another 36,000 customers, that's quite a jump.

It's not looking very competitive for me on any of its tariffs, so I don't imagine I'll stay (remember to add on VAT if using the link quoted).

MSE Cheap Energy Club feedback rating: Limited feedback – 15% Great, 10% Okay, 75% Poor
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well if Together Energy are as poor as it seems (from a quick scan/search online) then the sooner the switch is completed the better - then onwards (but at this moment not sure where??).
    Xmas is bound to put a big spanner in the works however, can't see the switch to Together completing before ~ 2nd week in January -and by that time God knows where the leccy prices will be:(
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Wow, out of the frying pan into the fire... "Clydesdale-based Together Energy launched in October 2016. It currently supplies gas and electricity to about 6,000 customers." Not sure if that figure is up to date, but now it has another 36,000 customers, that's quite a jump.....

We have grown to more than 60,000 customers in our first 18 months of trading.
    https://togetherenergy.co.uk/about-us/

But still quite a jump.
    masonic wrote: »
    It's not looking very competitive for me on any of its tariffs, so I don't imagine I'll stay (remember to add on VAT if using the link quoted).....

Same here. We'll have to see what options they will be offering.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Just put Together Energy Oct 19 fix into my spreadsheet - another £140pa above One Select deal I was on:eek: And the actual tariff they "offer" us will probably be far worse:(

Beginning to wish I'd stuck with Octopus when Iresa went down - about £80 less than this potential Together price!!!
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just got the email with the tariff from Together & it looks like a 25-30% price hike over what I was paying OneSelect. I realise that OneSelect went bust partly because they weren't charging enough but this is ridiculous. Very poor communication too as full info on the tariff is missing so I am not even sure if it is fixed or what is the end date or how it compares with Together's other tariffs.

Together OS Dec 18 (inc VAT)

Elec Rates
    Standing Charge (p/day) 25.01p
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 15.02p

Elec Economy 7 Rates
    Standing Charge (p/day) 25.46p
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 16.12p peak, 10.03p offpeak

Gas Rates
    Standing Charge (p/day) 19.06p
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 3.56p
    Your Together Energy Tariff

Things are certainly moving quickly here as we move to get you registered in our systems. Obviously it’s a big job accessing all the records and migrating them to our system.

You will have received an email asking you to confirm your details and enter your meter readings. We know this is a busy time of year and we don’t want to trouble you but this makes the transfer process so much easier and means you only pay for what you should.

We can confirm that you will be on the following tariff from Friday 14th December:

Together OS Dec 18 (inc VAT) Elec Rates Elec Economy 7 Rates Gas Rates
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 15.02p 16.12p peak, 10.03p offpeak 3.56p
    Standing Charge (p/day) 25.01p 25.46p 19.06p

This is only a temporary tariff: it is competitive and cheaper than the recent price cap that Ofgem implemented into the industry. Over the next four months we will be in touch with you to offer you something better suited to your needs.

We have retained the staff at OneSelect, and you can contact us the same ways you always have. We are committed to making this a seamless transition for you.

Try us out over the next few weeks and we hope we can convince you to stay!

We will be in touch shortly regarding your direct debt which will transfer to us and then we will confirm when you have been officially registered with us – this can take up to 21 days.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    The Together Team
  • brewerdave
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »

Together OS Dec 18 (inc VAT)

Elec Rates
    Standing Charge (p/day) 25.01p
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 15.02p

Elec Economy 7 Rates
    Standing Charge (p/day) 25.46p
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 16.12p peak, 10.03p offpeak

Gas Rates
    Standing Charge (p/day) 19.06p
    Unit Rate (p/kwh) 3.56p

Haven't had anything yet -wonder if that's because I cancelled my DD with OneSelect as soon s they went bust (just don't trust administrators!!)
    To be fair the leccy rate isn't too bad - if I got offered that (on a 6 month fix as per their FAQs) then it would mean an extra £6 pm over OS tariff.- but still less than First Utility's tariff that I went onto after Usio collapsed and only marginally more than the Octopus rate I rejected when Iresa went to the wall.
  • scruti
    scruti Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got the offered tariff by Together, compared it with my OneSelect one and...

Its a 31% increase over what we were paying. In our case is going from £33/month to £43/month, £10 more.

Will have to check alternatives ASAP, but seems we're going to be for a while trapped in this price before we can move.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback