The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• hoc
    hoc Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    It's no secret and well known to anyone with more than a passing interest in this forum. There's a very prominent and long-running thread about it.

That was sarcasm, replying to bizarre section of the population to be working the interest "loopholes" but desperate enough for a DD to knowingly bother with the Post Office.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hoc wrote: »
    That was sarcasm, replying to bizarre section of the population to be working the interest "loopholes" but desperate enough for a DD to knowingly bother with the Post Office.
    Most people in this forum are trying to achieve the same thing: getting the best return on their money. Some are here to post snide comments and insult those who do it in less conventional way. As others have said, stick around, you'll see lots of people doing lots of different things you'll think bizarre. If you snipe at all of them, your post count will certainly go up quickly.
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone know if Birmingham Midshires, new top account, allows you to schedule payments from the account to a linked current account?
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes you can set withdrawals up 30 days in advance, so I set up mine for the whole month.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco have raised the rate on the Internet Saver again to 1.34%. They seem to be creeping up by tiny increments every week
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,169 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coventry Building Society raised their Limited Access Saver interest rate from 1.35% to 1.4% today, 24th July. That's only 18 days after the last rate rise from 1.3% to 1.35% on 6th July. Each time they change the rate they send out a letter to the account holders, so they must have wasted some money on two changes in such a short time period.
    Reed
  • SCOLLETT
    Options
    Have just found CASTLE TRUST paying 2.5% for one year and 2.5% for two years. Anybody else had experience with them? Just a bit concerned when it said "If becomes insolvent may lose your money"!
    Is this the same with all savings accounts? or just trusts-I don't know.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    Options
    Castle Trust is not a savings account and there is the potential for loss
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5733061
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Opening a Birmingham Midshires Easy Access account should come with a health warning that it'll take at least a full month from application to account activation. Insane...
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ... by which time interest rates could have changed.
    Thank you for reading this message.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure