Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    But I already know this. Lol.

I wrote it here because the info on the first page needs updating.

and the kind person who does the updating is away on holiday
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    and the kind person who does the updating is away on holiday

That's cool. I don't know that. I just left a comment with an update to account info so it can be updated as and when.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It will be updated when SS returns from holiday.

The issue with the Leeds Regular Savers have been discussed before and its not till this month when Issue 5 matured that most of us were able to open the current issue (17) as before that we had issue 5 which prevented us from doing so, we are up to speed but appreciate the post and first post will be updated in due course.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • interest_Ted
    interest_Ted Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For info of SS2 and anyone else who may be interested.....
    TSB online system does not currently permit online applications for the monthly saver. So can only be opened in branch at the moment.
    Web page says they will give us a date when they expect to be opening their new platform for online applications, and just says 'coming soon' for all savings products. (Given their present difficulties, I wonder if 'soon' is an appropriate word.)
    It may be apprpriate for SS2 to check and modify post 5 upon return from hols.

Ted
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why should it take so long for a RS to be changed to an easy access account once it has matured? My RS matured last Wednesday, I withdrew all the funds and I want to start a new one! And I can't because - as far as they are concerned - I've still got one! And that is true as the RS is still listed on my account.:(
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same happened to me. I tried for 3 - 4 days, same thing. You will have to ring but even though mine technically is the new E Regular saver, on my list of accounts they now call it "Monthly Saver". I argued the toss with them that that is not the name of the account I want to apply for, but was convinced that is their new way of doing it. But you will have to ring to change things.

I mean if you buy apples, you buy apples, not pears!
  • schiff
    Options
    I am a Pom and proud of it, and not Poirot. :)
  • schiff
    Options
    mary wrote: »
    Same happened to me. I tried for 3 - 4 days, same thing. You will have to ring but even though mine technically is the new E Regular saver, on my list of accounts they now call it "Monthly Saver". I argued the toss with them that that is not the name of the account I want to apply for, but was convinced that is their new way of doing it. But you will have to ring to change things.

I mean if you buy apples, you buy apples, not pears!

I called in a branch on Friday and I've just been on Live Chat. Same message, it can take up to 5 working days. I'm not phoning to be told the same thing.

Two things irritate me (and there are more) - being asked at the supermarket tills how I am today, what am I doing today and seemingly insisting on a reply. I don't like being taken for a miserable git but it is of no real interest to them and I grudgingly make some small comment. And 'see you later' when I'm in a supermarket 150 miles away from home!

And at the end of live chat when it's been tortuous and eventually a complete waste of time they ask is there anything else I can help you with today. When all you want a cup of life giving tea.

Right, got that off my chest!
  • Newly_retired
    Newly_retired Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just read this thread on my email daily updates and I am frustrated that I have no clue as to whose RS is being discussed. Had to go to the website to scroll back to find out. I can see now that schiff put hsbc RS in a title but that didn’t show up in subsequent posts. I wish all comments would say which bank they are talking about. I am not naming one here because it applies to all RS.
  • schiff
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I called in a branch on Friday and I've just been on Live Chat. Same message, it can take up to 5 working days. I'm not phoning to be told the same thing.

Oddly enough I received the statement for the closed account in yesterday's post. But today all is well. RS has become easy access. Opening the new one took less than a minute which must be the quickest ever - in my experience anyway.

Even then it takes two working days to appear online. But my first £250 has gone in, so I'm happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure