Best place to sell a Fortnite account

Hi my son wants to sell his Fortnite account.
He feels it's worth in the region of $500.

He has been offered $200 from a 'go between' buyer/seller and thinks he could get more.
Also feels that there is a good chance of being scammed/ripped off if he was to list it on Ebay.

any suggestions please?

tia

sparkie

Comments

• Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    I don't think you're meant to do that. I would be very careful not to get scammed with this, you'll have nowhere to turn if you do.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Be wary about doing this in the open, as there's a very good chance that Epic will ban accounts that they know are being sold. It's usually against the T&Cs of online games.
  • Madbags
    Madbags Posts: 222 Forumite
    It's probably against the TOS as with most games.

However I always used the Player Auctions website when selling accounts I no longer use. It's got a lot of protections for both buyer and seller and I've never had an issue. They tend to take a % of the sale but in my experience it's worth it for a bit more peace of mind.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi my son wants to sell his Fortnite account.
    He feels it's worth in the region of $500.

He has been offered $200 from a 'go between' buyer/seller and thinks he could get more.
    Also feels that there is a good chance of being scammed/ripped off if he was to list it on Ebay.

any suggestions please?

tia

sparkie

I wouldn't eBay something like that.

Why does he want to sell ?

Did you put the dollar sign in by mistake ?
    Why does he think it's worth 500 dollars ?

If he reads the T&Cs he agreed to he may find he can't sell the account but if he does want to sell maybe he should sell the account via the mentioned website.
  • AstroTurtle
    AstroTurtle Posts: 290 Forumite
    He's more than likely being offered money by a scammer.

It's a very difficult process to sell a Fortnite account and it not get picked up.

Epic games are big on punishing people who break their Terms of Service.

Not too long ago they sued a 15 year old in court for making videos about cheats for the game.

Also because something is worth 500$ doesn't mean half the kids who would pay that have the money to do so.
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    He's more than likely being offered money by a scammer.

It's a very difficult process to sell a Fortnite account and it not get picked up.

Epic games are big on punishing people who break their Terms of Service.

Not too long ago they sued a 15 year old in court for making videos about cheats for the game.

Also because something is worth 500$ doesn't mean half the kids who would pay that have the money to do so.

That is pretty pathetic of Epic. I'm guessing, with the fact that under 18s here can't enter into a legal contract, Epic would not get anywhere with that case in the UK.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Lumstorm
    Lumstorm Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    That is pretty pathetic of Epic. I'm guessing, with the fact that under 18s here can't enter into a legal contract, Epic would not get anywhere with that case in the UK.

It seems bizarre to take a cheater to court all they need to do is ban the cheaters accounts and in the case of hacked consoles ban the consoles like Microsoft did to improve the online experience.

But is it just me or are others sick of hearing about games that have things like V-bucks and Fifa coins that con gullible people into paying real money for things that have no value and took someone five minutes to create. I don't mind paying for dlc if it adds life to a game with additional story or missions, but paying real money to get a different colour on the character is just stupid. For the good old days before the internet when you bought a game and that was it you got the full experience and upgrades were earned by playing not by buying them.
  • IssaGame123
    IssaGame123 Posts: 31 Forumite
    You can try some online game account marketplaces. A quick Google search brings up a few. Some of the sites have ridiculous prices which really confuses me. I came across an article on thesun newspaper how hackers are selling stolen Fortnite accounts on eBay for around £600 each.

I think your best bet would be to try the market places or different forums. It's definitely risky but it's your choice.
  • Lumstorm
    Lumstorm Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You can try some online game account marketplaces. A quick Google search brings up a few. Some of the sites have ridiculous prices which really confuses me. I came across an article on thesun newspaper how hackers are selling stolen Fortnite accounts on eBay for around £600 each.

I think your best bet would be to try the market places or different forums. It's definitely risky but it's your choice.

I just had a look at some of the sites. I can't believe that people will pay so much just to get levelled up and number of wins on their account. I play games for fun and it feels good when you achieve something difficult in a game, but the fact that people pay to get false achievements whats the point of playing then. It reminds me of players on half-life boasting about their kill ratio as they got automatic head-shots and shot people through walls with the cheats they used, play fair and their stats would soon change.
  • AstroTurtle
    AstroTurtle Posts: 290 Forumite
    Lip_Stick wrote: »

Well he was advertising the cheats on youtube, Epic filed a DMCA to take the video down as the only way to take a video down is via a legal notice for copyright.

Then he re-uploaded the video with the title "What are they going to do.. sue me?"
    Save £12k in 2019 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport