Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,535 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie I think Lucky is like me and after so long you get immune to it. The sh*t just keeps on hitting the fan.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well said SA! Beanie, like I said to DS1 today, I continuously put myself at the bottom of the pile but that is my choice. It hurts like heck when someone talks to me or treats me like that's where I SHOULD be :mad:.

So, turns out moping around is good for the bank balance, and today has been a NSD!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    I was far more underhand than Robin. I used to tell my DS that the reason that he had the bad dream was because his head was trying to tell him he needed to wake up and visit the bathroom. Once he'd been and got back into bed he would just go back to sleep. Before I tried that he was too worried that the bad dream was going to come back & so couldn't fall asleep.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I gave myself a bit of a shake last night and realised being miserable changes nothing, action does! DS2 woke through the night again but I was determined he was going to stay in his own bed. I told him boys who are nearly 6 shouldn't have to sleep in Mum's bed and if he couldn't stay in his own bed I'd have to think about cancelling his birthday. He got angry with me but he went back to sleep in his own bed. I intend to keep doing this until he stops trying to get in with us.

Today was the last day the boys are off school. DH wanted to go to the cinema and as it was pouring down there didn't seem many other options. DS1 started to create that he didn't want to go, so instead of arguing I just said "Fine, you can go to your Gran's for the day" and walked away. He eventually came up and asked if he could come with us. The film was average but the mood amongst the 4 of us was good.

Back to the gym tomorrow while the boys are at school, hopefully exercise will continue to lift my mood. I read back on this diary to last January and relived how miserable things got then, I don't want to go back there. It was a horrible time with constant illness for DS2, DH's bad seizure and DS1 being bullied :(. This January WILL be better! Xx
  • patanne
    Options
    Yes, this January will be better. It is not a pleasant thing to say, but you are, in reality, the only adult in your household. You have taken control, keep it! Yes, I think your DSs also have a lot to deal with. It must be very unsettling for them for their father to be as he is, but they do need to know who is in charge. Children need boundaries, and in most families it is the father who sets those boundaries. Neither of them is stupid, which is why they are having some problems with this. Once they learn (and you learn) that it is YOU that sets those boundaries I think life will get easier, especially re DS1 as his memories of DH will be different to DS2's.

Well that made sense in my head, hope it does in print.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,668 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Is there is young carer's group in your area?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you both. Patanne that makes perfect sense! Beanie, the Carer's Centre were supposed to be referring DS1 to the young Carers, but I've heard nothing so will chase it up.

Rain here is horrendous. Hope everyone is keeping safe Xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well all my resolve came to nothing as DS2 threw up everywhere last night and ended up in bed with me :eek::(. He is now off school until Thursday due to the 48hr rule.
  • patanne
    Options
    Sorry but when I read that I had to laugh. I know it's not funny but isn't it so typical?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    It's just my luck Patanne!!!! Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business