IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPS Ltd - what shall I do??

Options
12346»

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Well done to you, can you ask them to put it in writing either by letter or email, also take the name of the person and time you spoke to them. Just to cover yourself
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have actually just fired off an email to the land owners of the retail park (name omitted in the following)::::

I would like to complain regarding our trip to ****** Retail Park today. We parked in one of the disabled bays due to me being classed as disabled under the equality act. I use a walking stick & am unable to walk very far & am currently in the process of PIP (formally DLA) which will entitle me to a blue badge. However, being private land a blue badge is not needed to be displayed as you are probably aware. We spent close on £300 in River Island, (the staff will remember as this was their highest sale today!!). On returning to the car we found a parking fine for £60 raising to £100 if not paid within the stated time limit.

I am thoroughly disappointed with this being disabled under law & we shall not be visiting or spending money within **** Retail Park in the future, as shall not other family members & friends who are disgusted by this treatment by (UK CPS Ltd) the firm you allow to fine people for spending their money on your land/in your shops.
    Regards

:T

Just repeating your complaint email above so newbies can see how you got this cancelled - well done!

Duly added to the Hall of Fame of successful complaints against PPCs here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

But do email the landowner back when they reply and ask what you can do in future if you wish to visit before you get your BB, seeing as you have a lawful right to, and need for, a disabled bay. Ask British Land if they can tell UKCPS to add your car reg to an exempt list so you never get this harassment again.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • shellybpool
    Options
    The corfirmation :)

Further to our conversation today, please be advised that the penalty notice has been cancelled.
    Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any future issues.
    Yours sincerely

Sent: 10 September 2013 17:26
    To: ******
    Subject: Deepdale Shopping Park

Dear Ms ****.
    Further to your recent email to British Land, can you please advise the number on the penalty notice that has been issued.
    i am investigating this matter with UKCPS at present to arrange the cancellation.
    Yours sincerely
    Regional Centre Manager
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Cool that's great, shame they called it a penalty though
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport