IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

UK CPS Ltd - what shall I do??

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    That would be Waitrose who offer to help shoppers with their shopping to the vehicles. They also offer "Do your shopping in branch and we’ll deliver it to your door."

I'm not in area with Waitrose, but I think Somerfield used to do the same, though they were/are expensive to shop in
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be quite honest I didn't think of putting a note on the windshield, but will do so in future..

Do be aware that this only has a realistic chance of working in car parks with attendants who put a windscreen ticket on the car.

If the car park is managed (I use the term in its loosest possible sense) by ANPR cameras, you'll get a ticket regardless of whether you display a blue badge, or put a note on the dash to this effect, because the cameras only monitor vehicles going in and out - and despite the BPA code of conduct stating that a PPC must not levy a charge against a vehicle displaying a blue badge where the principal makes provisions for disabled motorists (ie provides disabled spaces) the PPC that relies on an ANPR system is UNABLE to comply with this condition because they have no way of knowing whether the vehicle was displaying a BB or not.

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do be aware that this only has a realistic chance of working in car parks with attendants who put a windscreen ticket on the car.

If the car park is managed (I use the term in its loosest possible sense) by ANPR cameras, you'll get a ticket regardless of whether you display a blue badge, or put a note on the dash to this effect, because the cameras only monitor vehicles going in and out - and despite the BPA code of conduct stating that a PPC must not levy a charge against a vehicle displaying a blue badge where the principal makes provisions for disabled motorists (ie provides disabled spaces) the PPC that relies on an ANPR system is UNABLE to comply with this condition because they have no way of knowing whether the vehicle was displaying a BB or not.

Daisy
    If they only use ANPR cameras then you won't get ticketed for parking in a disabled bay without a blue badge whether you are disabled or not.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they only use ANPR cameras then you won't get ticketed for parking in a disabled bay without a blue badge whether you are disabled or not.

Right, you will get done for overstaying instead !
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options

Yes, sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I was just pointing out that if they use ANPR cameras, even if you do properly park in a disabled bay and display a blue badge, that counts for nothing. The disabled motorist in that situation is still likely to get a PCN for breaching the PPCs normal rules, even though parking in a disabled bay and properly displaying a blue badge gives you extra time and (allegedly) protects you from being issued with a PCN according to the BPA Code of Practice.

I agree it is a different point, but it is one which many BB holders are not aware of.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to add another small point to the pot. If it is a pay and display park where no financial concession is available for disabled/blue badge holders, then you are liable for payment in the same way as able bodied.

Moot point as to liability if you overstay ( due to mobility problems ) and get ticketed as a result. Not qualified to comment on that last point, sorry.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Just to add another small point to the pot. If it is a pay and display park where no financial concession is available for disabled/blue badge holders, then you are liable for payment in the same way as able bodied.
    However the BPA Ltd CoP states that:-
    16.5 If your landowner provides a concession that allows
    parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid
    Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge
    notices

This means that no vehicle displaying a blue badge should ever be issued with a parking charge as there is invariably a concession for blue badge holders (they can park in disabled parking bay whereas it costs other motorists £100 to park in that bay)
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    But as we know parking cry doesn't monitor disabled bays,the fact that they don't probably means they breach the Equality Act in itself
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options

This means that no vehicle displaying a blue badge should ever be issued with a parking charge as there is invariably a concession for blue badge holders (they can park in disabled parking bay whereas it costs other motorists £100 to park in that bay)

And that's the point....

PE (and others) rely on ANPR cameras logging vehicles in and out. Then they automatically levy a charge if they have overstayed (regardless of whether that was a parking overstay, or a 'driving round looking for a space' overstay). They have no way of knowing whether any individual motorist was validly displaying a blue badge or not, so they have no way of complying with the BPA CoP on this.

Also, last time I looked PE's website expressly stated that there are 'no concessions for blue badges'. Which frankly, in my view, is taking the p*ss :o
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Also, last time I looked PE's website expressly stated that there are 'no concessions for blue badges'. Which frankly, in my view, is taking the p*ss :o

Its not only taking the !!!!, its actually breaking the Equality Act as no adjustment is being made, which they must make, and certainly their clients must make in their business as well. Its such a shame more people are not suing them for this, I guess as they other things going on in their lives they just don't want this headache as well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family