PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help! What can I make with Quark???

Options

Comments

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is Quark similar to marscapone then? ... and is it less fattening? ... never tried it before.
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is Quark similar to marscapone then? ... and is it less fattening? ... never tried it before.

There's a huge difference in the fat content but not sure how much as I think you can get low-fat and 0% fat Quark. It doesn't have the creaminess of mascapone and is very bland - like low-fat Philly cheese. It is great as a mixer though and as someone else said Slimming World use it in their recipes a lot.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Some people at Slimming world spread it on their sandwiches instead of flora.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • foreverskint
    foreverskint Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    :D Spread thickly on toast, then top with strawberry or cherry jam. Breakfast cheesecake. yum yum
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I absolutely adore mascarpone but unfortunately it loves me more and sticks to the hips :o so I only have it occassionally now but I might give this quark a try and see what it's like :)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what it is made from? and where can i find it??!! never heard of it before, and i don't frequent slimmers clubs - or capital letters on this message!!!!
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Its in the chilled section, I cant remember exactly where but its in a tub like cottage cheese.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • BountyHunter
    Options
    You can make a lower fat cheese spread with it too (a tip from slimming world). Mix some mature grated cheese into it and leave overnight in the fridge. By the next day the quark will have taken on all the flavour of the mature cheese.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
  • stellagypsy
    stellagypsy Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Must be losing it, I meant to buy cottage cheese and ended up with a tub of quark. Anyone got any ideas how ti use it? Is it like cream cheese?

TIA, Stella
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport