Comments

• gjs6385
    gjs6385 Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    could they?

That's hardly very helpful is it?

Surely as an ex postie, you would know how their systems work and could advise a bit further!
  • k66yla
    k66yla Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The prepaid envelope would go to the BR(Business Reply) area in the local DO(Delivery Office) where it will be priced, ie the prepaid bit. All there items would be counted and put into seperate pricing lists then passed onto the delivery postman. The delivery postman would then take the items, in a sack/s to the destination where normally signed for items are counted in by staff as they are being scanned into PDA. The staff then sign for them.

You need to find out if your item was part of a bulk signing. Also never use RD if you want an item 'tracked' it does'nt do that as it comes through the regular mail. Can't stress enough that if anyone has anything valuable please please send it Special Delivery, it will save you a lot of hassle/money if things go wrong.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's hardly very helpful is it?

Surely as an ex postie, you would know how their systems work and could advise a bit further!

and is yours?
    who are you to tell me what I should do?
    I have told the OP what to do.
    regardless what RM can/will do
  • gjs6385
    Options
    and is yours?

I'm not telling you what to do I just think, as per your previous seemingly helpful posts, you could have explained a bit more as your comment/question didn't agree or contradict with the OP's suggestion.

TBH, I would also agree with the OP in that I would expect RM to be able to access delivery details very quickly.
  • custardy
    Options
    I'm not telling you what to do I just think, as per your previous seemingly helpful posts, you could have explained a bit more as your comment/question didn't agree or contradict with the OP's suggestion.

TBH, I would also agree with the OP in that I would expect RM to be able to access delivery details very quickly.

what details are they?
    RMs RD system is not connected to an address
    so tells you it was sent from X PO and delivered from X delivery office
    they are some other factor,but that essentially it.
    its old tech.
    In any case. even if RM had such data,I doubt they would release the tracking data or what it contained to the OP
    The OP can see the enire track date here http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails
    thats all they would get
    RM won't go any further than that
  • gjs6385
    Options
    what details are they?
    RMs RD system is not connected to an address
    so tells you it was sent from X PO and delivered from X delivery office
    they are some other factor,but that essentially it.
    its old tech.
    In any case. even if RM had such data,I doubt they would release the tracking data or what it contained to the OP
    The OP can see the enire track date here http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails
    thats all they would get
    RM won't go any further than that

Fair enough, that just strengthens the argument that the liability would lie with Cash4phones.

RM have done their part in delivering and obtaining a signature for the item at the address. As stated above, it would be highly impractical for the postie to have to request ID for every signature!

On another note, is it right that RM are piloting in some areas that should they deliver parcels to a residential property and no-one is home, they will leave them with neighbours as opposed to leaving them with the card to collect from their local sorting office?
  • custardy
    Options
    Fair enough, that just strengthens the argument that the liability would lie with Cash4phones.

RM have done their part in delivering and obtaining a signature for the item at the address. As stated above, it would be highly impractical for the postie to have to request ID for every signature!

On another note, is it right that RM are piloting in some areas that should they deliver parcels to a residential property and no-one is home, they will leave them with neighbours as opposed to leaving them with the card to collect from their local sorting office?

i posted about this months ago
    as is often the case with RM. people have little interest until it affects them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3392320&highlight=
  • funkyfifer
    Options
    QUOTE=custardy;50119315]could they?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can! That is the whole point of electronic signatures, so they can be uploaded to a database in order to allow everyone with a tracking reference to access the RM website and track their delivery!
    Maybe this does not happen immediately, but it does happen, or there would be no point in the system! :undecided Are you implying this is not the case?
  • custardy
    Options
    funkyfifer wrote: »
    QUOTE=custardy;50119315]could they?
    funkyfifer wrote:
    Yes, they can! That is the whole point of electronic signatures, so they can be uploaded to a database in order to allow everyone with a tracking reference to access the RM website and track their delivery!
    Maybe this does not happen immediately, but it does happen, or there would be no point in the system! :undecided Are you implying this is not the case?

deary me
    so the OP has tracked their delivery and it shows as delivered
    so now what?
  • funkyfifer
    Options
    and is yours?

I am sorry, I am assuming the OP is me, am I right?
    Can I just please say that in regards to your comment saying " I have told the OP what to do", emm can you please point this post out to me as I cannot see any posts in this thread from you giving me any advice! Only the one asking me "could they" which is more of a question than an answer or advice!
    I did ask you a question last night as I thought you would be the best person to ask, being an ex postie, but received no reply from you.
    I maybe missed them, sorry bout that but can you repost for me? :shocked:
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family