PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

old style daily wednesday 9th feb

Options
sistercas
sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
edited 9 February 2011 at 8:04AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Wednesday 9th Feb. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

morning all :D

been awake since 4am as DH is making alot of noise either shouting in his sleep or snoring :cool:

need to get ready for work at 6 anyway , so i'm down having a cuppa sat in front of the fire :)

wont be back in till around half 8 tonight as working all day, then picking DD1 up from school dropping her at her job, then i shall go to t3sco and sainsbugs then pick her back up ( she does 3 hours) then home

there will be very little OS going on as probably will pick up a takeaway for tea

Tappers get mr Tappers off to the docs pronto it sounds like he needs antibiotics

have a good day everyone

(((hugs))) to those that need

Comments

• JulieGeorgiana
    JulieGeorgiana Posts: 2,475 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 February 2011 at 7:58AM
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

Yesterday's dinner went well... I managed to make pancakes out of leftover batter for the fish... everyone thought it was a lovely treat and we are planning to have it again on Shrove Tuesday.

Tonight is a quick and easy dinner Pesto Pasta, because I know I won't feel like cooking, and OH can make this.

I have work this morning then this afternoon I am at the hospital for a hycosy test (this is where they look for possible damage in the womb and fallopian tubes). I will admit that I am NOT looking forward to this at all... quite worried!

But at least this is the last test (have had 9 tests in the last 3 months) and next Tuesday I should find out if there is a possible reason why I keep miscarrying my babies.

So it's all very stressful today!

I think when I get home I will most likely go to bed with a book... that always makes me feel better :D

Have a good day everyone,

Jx
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,165 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everone.

We had a good evening yesterday and then I slept the sleep of the just!!

Soup has been defrosted for lunch flask and meat will be removed from the freeze shortly for evening meal. Probably some chicken.

Need to get some veggies today and a few other bits and bobs, not too much.

'Tis cold and wet here though the forecast is for milder weather. The tulips are doing well still although one went completely 'flop' last night so will wrap it up and see if it can regain some strength.

Happy Wednesday to you all. JulieG - hope your tests are not too uncomfortable or distressing.
  • Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    WM & DW both going, 2 loads of washing on the line & 1 on the maiden, packups made, fish fed & breakfast eaten.
    Hubby was late home yesterday, problems with a water leak meant he worked a 12 hour day.
    Lots of discussions at work about becoming an academy, lots of teachers very stressed about the effect it will have on their pay & conditions, I can't think that us non teaching staff will benefit in anyway.
    Jerk chicken for tea tonight.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2011 at 9:06AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Cant see what the weather is doing yet but feels quite mild, rubbish and recycling to go out this morning.

I feel so much better today, I am going to go to work, If I start to feel worse later on I shall come home early. No rash yet, but I am keeping an eye on it, thanks for all the messages xx

DD is back at school too, she is still full of cold and cough, but she cannot miss too much school.

Dinner tonight is cottage pie, which is already made,dd has a quorn one, the veggies are done too, so a nice easy tea.

JulieG I hope all goes well for you today, and that they can do something to help you. xxx

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

Fingers crossed for JackieG today as well xx
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

V8 - Hope todays events are less stressful x
    JG - Hugs to you hope today goes well, my fingers are crossed x
    JulieG - Hope today goes well for you too x

Well we're up, the first words to come out my mouth we're. I can't cope with this anymore :o. I'm so tired all the time. I feel like a HSwheel.gif. Never get time to do anything properly. I clean but not skirting etc house feels like it's going to rack and ruin.

Must stop moaning.

Tea today pasta bake

Have good days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Julie - just a quick note to catch you. Are you going to have anaesthetic whilst this is done? Totally out or just local? If not then phone the hospital and ask them if you can take some nurofen or something about 30 mins before. Imagine it will not be pleasent, but I'll be holding your hand (in cyberspace!!)xxxx
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning folks, rather damp and dreary here today, so it will be a hard decision - do I walk to work or take the car?????? Dont fancy getting soaked but I did make an resolution last week that everyday I dont have dgs I will walk. Hopefully this will help shift some of the excess pounds. Have been scouting about to see if there are any allotments available and there are none at all - going too speak to my dad today to see if I can commandeer his greenhouse as he doesnt use it now - he is in his seventies. Quite envious that my sister has managed to get an allotment, so have offered to help her with that - but ladies only get a half sized one!!!!! Off to the library at lunchtime - havent been for about 20 years so will be interesting to see how much it has changed. Menu plan has gone out the window, same meals but different days so not too bad a job.
    Hugs to everyone who needs one, have a good day
    Every days a School day!
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Dry with light breeze, milder than yesterday morning. Got up at 5.45am and went for a jog, now showered, dressed and finished brekkie. DH up and off to work early but not at stupid early o'clock.

Was reasonably productive yesterday, got remaining washing done, dried and ironed. Sorted clothes for a charity bag that is being collected Thursday. Made a loaf of bread, also made fish pie for last night's dinner and had enough to make a small one for tonight. DS1, DS2 and myself had the fish pie with veg, DH had battered fish, chips and beans. Tonight I will have remaining fish pie, DH and boys may have sausages with something ... yet to be decided!

Have meeting at DS1's school tonight about which subjects he wants to take next year, scary where the time goes! Back to work today, but only until lunchtime then on days off until Monday. Managing to fit more into the day when I get up early, at the moment not feeling to tired, but have just realised that I've had no problems getting to sleep at night since I started the exercise plan on Monday - maybe if just doing this level of exercise is enough to help with getting to sleep then that's got to be a benefit! Will be going to PO after work then will be home to do a few jobs, trying to keep on top of everything.

Have to get my hair dried and make-up on.

Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, weather looks damp and a bit foggy outside. But I managed to clear the sitting room last night - have sold quite a number of books which is great - selling money is going to Marie Curie. Am giving away some magazines this morning on the school run. Also taking in a huge pile of boxes to the school for "junk" modelling! Whats the betting I get them back as a model from my youngest!!!!

Plan is to finish the garden this morning as OH started to dig the dogs area out yesterday - it is now a mud bath. Last nights dinner was pasta, tonights dinner will be something from the freezer. Tried to have soup yesterday for lunch - but it was still frozen at tea time!!!!! Better chivvy the boys along to get ready for school. Hugs to those in need. xx
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • silvermaid
    silvermaid Posts: 643 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2011 at 9:37AM
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    RR I'm so pleased you're feeling better:) Take it easy at work if you can.
    BB trying to keep on top of everything is a bit like juggling with at least one more ball than is within your comfort zone. All the talk about The Forth Bridge Gang was more than idle chatter:( Sending coping vibes to you.
    JulieG hope this afternoon is better that you expect. Good idea to look beyond it to your book and bed:)
    JackieG Hope it has all gone away.
    Weather seems to be on a yoyo atm. Yesterday was thick frost, today is cloudy and mild. WM will go on and fingers crossed it will be line fine:)
    Really need to have a superhero go at the whole downstairs as we are living in CHAOS!!
    Dinner will be fish pie with spinach from the garden. This works out rather expensive, about £1:50 a portion, but we do love it.
    Happy Wednesday everyone, hugs to those in need, might be back later, Silver x
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx :laugh:
    As Cranky says, "M is for mum, not maid".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport