IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

National Clamps - we care (not)

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Anihilator wrote: »
    Is it wrong to suggest they will be asian gentleman with questionable views of the llaw:rolleyes:

And where did I say they were Asian?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • budgetboy_2
    budgetboy_2 Posts: 138 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2010 at 5:29PM
    Options
    James_N wrote: »
    National Clamps do not operate tow trucks and only sub-contract as a last resort.

This states they don't operate their own tow trucks but sub-contract as a last resort. They don't claim to never use them.

On the wheel clampers home page they say "and we rarely tow away." This implies that they do tow away but only as a last resort.

And Melany is just another way to spell it!

I still can't see why everyone hates clampers...
    BB
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    How can you use the word "Ethical" and "Clamper" in the same sentance, they contradict each other.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • UsagiYojimbo
    Options
    Just seen this on their site, this is good......

National Clamps News:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New Clamping Legislation Clamps Down on Rogue Clampers [/FONT] [FONT=arial narrow, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2009-11-25 14:19:49
    Strict new clamping legislation came into play on Friday in an attempt to clamp down on ‘cowboy’ wheel clampers. These clampers have been charging extortionate fees of up to around £500, compared to National Clamps who only charge £80 for removal of a clamp.

The new legislation also stops clampers intimidating car owners into paying the exorbitant prices. Previously car owners could only appeal to the clamping company, but now they can appeal to independent tribunals, making a fairer outcome for the victim.
    [/FONT]

So they obviously don't class themselves as cowboys then as they only charge a mere £80 for the removal of their clamps. Utter scum.
  • budgetboy_2
    Options
    £80 is nothing compared to some extortionists...
    BB
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    What a load of lies, what legislation? The only thing that happened then was the Queens speech starting the process towards legislation which will probably founder when the tories get in. Maybe we can get them to clamp Camerons bike and then he might go down the same route as the Scots.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    budgetboy wrote: »
    £80 is nothing compared to some extortionists...

So in your view then, clamping is OK? Tell me another! :rotfl:

Where do you draw the line with such scammers then? If a burglar nipped into a house and 'just' half-inched a purse containing £80 cash, in your view it seems that wouldn't be so bad, because he could have nicked her TV as well?

Come on! Why should these worthless lazy knuckle-draggers be allowed to extort any money from anyone?

You will NEVER convince me that private clampers provide any useful service in this Country whatsoever - and they almost always break various criminal or civil laws when extorting their ill-gotten swag from victims.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UsagiYojimbo
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Come on! Why should these worthless lazy knuckle-draggers be allowed to extort any money from anyone?

You will NEVER convince me that private clampers provide any useful service in this Country whatsoever - and they almost always break various criminal or civil laws when extorting their ill-gotten swag from victims.

Well said!! I couldn't have put it any better myself! :T
  • ScottishSapper
    Options
    Well said!! I couldn't have put it any better myself! :T
    I'll second that:T
    It seems we could all visit this very entertaining site and pass comment:D
    like when did Company's House start granting trade marks?
    Founded in 1989 as Lancashire Clamping Company Ltd our directors realized that we would grow bigger than just the North West . Having applied to Company's house we were granted the trade mark 'National Clamps' in 1993.
    and who is Akenham Ltd (at bottom of most of their pages) with a registered address:
    Akenham Ltd registered office P.O Box 3188 Road Town British Virgin Isles
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Just sent an email asking what legislation they mean by this

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Clamping Legislation Clamps Down on Rogue Clampers[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial narrow, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009-11-25 14:19:49
    Strict new clamping legislation came into play on Friday in an attempt to clamp down on ‘cowboy’ wheel clampers. These clampers have been charging extortionate fees of up to around £500, compared to National Clamps who only charge £80 for removal of a clamp.

The new legislation also stops clampers intimidating car owners into paying the exorbitant prices. Previously car owners could only appeal to the clamping company, but now they can appeal to independent tribunals, making a fairer outcome for the victim.

The new wheel clamping legislation only affects private land; public roads will not be affected by the new rules. The new maximum price clampers are able to charge has been set at £105 outside London and £200 inside London.

This new legislation will be a crippling blow to the rogue clampers, but National Clamps will not be affected, as our £80 fee is already a good amount less than the new set fee of £105.
    [/FONT]
    wonder if I get an answer.

[FONT=arial narrow, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure