Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations

* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread - Page 36

New Post Advanced Search

* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

868 replies 120.1K views

Replies

• PeppapigPeppapig Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your leap from lurkdom JOYFULLYFESTIVE, there’s no going back now :D

PRINCESSKITTY there’s nothing gets me in the mood for Christmas like the Gavin and Stacy Christmas special although why you’d want your chicken to taste like salmon escapes me :rotfl: DD1 and I spend quite a lot of time in the run up to the big day conversing in quotes from the G&S special.

Think I’ll just pop over to the Hobbycraft website and see what festive things are there, thanks for the heads up PEONYSUGAR.

Thank you for the good wishes, newest DGS is so gorgeous it’s unreal. He’s coming to see us at the weekend (not on his own obviously) and I can’t wait.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • girlinayellowdressgirlinayellowdress Forumite
    627 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Cashback Cashier Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Hi vulpix and nope I only changed my name here the once.
    It will be a very small present giving this year but will no doubt be stuck for ideas.
    Congratulations peppa on dgs. I think it is a lovely age gap.
    Love and thoughts to all having a rough time at the moment xx
  • RedredrobinRedredrobin Forumite
    115 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    Does anyone else have a family member who comes up with the most impossible gift request ? This years challenge is DD's request for an Andrex puppy in a pink hat and scarf from 2008 !!! got more chance of winning the lottery i don't play !

On the Christmas front I'm doing reasonably well , we are delivering my parents gifts this Monday and hubby and DD are well under way some are even wrapped .

• edited 19 July 2019 at 2:02PM
    sammy_kaye18sammy_kaye18 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2019 at 2:02PM
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Good news here, latest (and hopefully final) grandchild has arrived! DD2 was taken in to be induced on Tuesday morning as baby was big and she was carrying too much fluid. After various interventions she finally gave birth in the early hours of Friday morning and our gorgeous new DGS arrived weighing a hefty 9lb 10ozs. His big sister is very excited (there’s nine years between them) as is DD1 who can’t wait to meet him and is very envious that I’ve already had cuddles.

Congratulations Peppa on your DGS - does he have a name yet? He was a little pudding though - my son Ben was 9lb 7 so I feel your daughters pain!
    Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
    Went into poundland today, they had Christmas fragrance airfreshener candles in: bloome indulgent vanilla for £1, airwick winter wonderland, mulled wine and winter berries for £2 each and a airwick advent calendar for £5.

Also tesco had a Yankee candle exclusive candle collection, half price at £20, great to split into several gifts.

Welcome JoyFullyFestive!!! :j:j Great idea about the candles. I like to make gift bags for the women I buy for and usually include a candle of sorts so will have to go in and have a look. Home Bargains do some nice ones too.

I am back.
    Have had a busy week.
    Sunday the 14th was my daughter Holly's 9th birthday so we had some plans and then unfortunately her daddy got poorly so we had a quiet day crafting, eating cake and just generally relaxing.
    The kids had two days in school and then Wednesday the 17th was my birthday (I am 35 years young now!) and we went away camping to West Wales for the night - me , husband, 2 kids and 3 dogs. The first day it rained on and off but we still hit the beach to see all the stone, explore some caves and see the birds. We did find a washed up jelly fish too and wore the dogs out. Then went back to the tent, enjoyed a BBQ and then went on a snack run. We were all exhausted and in bed by 9pm.
    I didn't sleep very well so was up at 5.30 in the campsites power showers which were lovely and I walked about a bit, saw the horses in their stables and explored the campsite. Then we went back to the beach again but the tide was in so we couldn't do too much.
    We think we will go back over there soon again and have a day out. There is a little harbour that we didn't really get to see which has some nice walks along it and you can see heron, hummingbirds and otters there so we will go back with our cameras one day to have a proper look and husband found a boat ride that takes you out of the west coast of wales and you are 90% guaranteed to see Whales, Seals, Puffins and more so I think we might sneak away and do that at some point too! Maybe for our anniversary.

How has everyone been?
    the school summer holidays have started here officially now - 6 weeks of the kids off school and in true welsh fashion - its raining......and its torrential rain. Joy!
    Husband Owen is off for two weeks though after Sunday so we will hopefully be getting out and about to have some day trips out and the kids can do things. My father is meant to be stopping in on his way home from my grandmothers too next week so I may see him for a few hours too.
    Now all the birthdays are officially over though in my immediate little family - it is time to focus on Xmas! I have made my list of people to buy for already. Now just to start buying!

But for today I promised my daughter a film day and the little Christmas sausage has chosen - RISE OF THE GUARDIANS! I love this film!
    Finally sorting myself out. :eek:
    Debts - £2022.18 owed. 8 lenders.
  • edited 19 July 2019 at 3:54PM
    SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2019 at 3:54PM
    Does anyone else have a family member who comes up with the most impossible gift request ? This years challenge is DD's request for an Andrex puppy in a pink hat and scarf from 2008 !!! got more chance of winning the lottery i don't play !
    Well that's a challenge. . How old is DD? Just wondering if she's little and it's something she's seen at someone else's house or if she's older and she's likes making hard to find requests. :D

A quick google, doesn't even find one in a pink hat and scarf. I found a 2008 one that was a fund raiser for teenage cancer trust, but it has blue accessories. This is currently on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDREX-PUPPY-TOY-TEENAGE-CANCER-TRUST/392340492142?hash=item5b5950cf6e:g:DowAAOSwCcZczv9D

ETA- There's several on ebay. Has daughter got the colour of the hat and scarf correct?
  • SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok - Think I've worked it out. In 2008 Andrex did a soft toy puppy for teenage cancer. They had a blue hat and scarf and these are on ebay.

3 years later, they did another for Clic Sargent and these had a pink hat and scarf and this is what your daughter would like. They are mentioned in this link.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/puppy-fun-to-raise-cash-for-charity-at-hampton-shops-1-2378535

My guess on this is the 2008 ones, that were given to children inc boys due to the blue colour, these children are now around Secondary school age or older and that's why you can find them on ebay pretty easily.

The 2011 had a more limited market due to the pink accessories (because people may be less likely to give to a boy) and perhaps less were made? In addition these children are younger and not ready to give up and sell their cuddly toy collection yet.
  • Thanks everyone for the encouragement I have always been very internet shy, but now I'm jumping in feet first, planning to post regularly. I have also started instagram this week, spent this morning taking some decorations out and trying out some photos, it's all new to me! Big learning curve but I need more Christmas in my life!
    :santa2: Joyfullyfestive all year round. Instagram: @joyfullyfestive :santa2:

Its the clic pink one shes after ! There are plenty of the blue ones around but the pink's as rare as rocking horse s*i*

plan B is to buy one and knit a hat and scarf for it .

• girlinayellowdressgirlinayellowdress Forumite
    627 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Cashback Cashier Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement I have always been very internet shy, but now I'm jumping in feet first, planning to post regularly. I have also started instagram this week, spent this morning taking some decorations out and trying out some photos, it's all new to me! Big learning curve but I need more Christmas in my life!

On post 4 of this thread is a list of some of our Instagram along with Pinterest if it is any help xx
  • muriemurie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    lovin' this site!
    :j