Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations

* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread - Page 33

New Post Advanced Search

* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

868 replies 120.2K views

Replies

• freespirit66freespirit66 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone, hope everyone is ok. I went away for the weekend with DD1 and we ended up at East Midlands Designer Village, I got a Superdry Hoodie for DD2 partner for Christmas, so I have only got Thumper to buy for now and I will be finished, it’s been a good year for bargains this year.

SAMMYKAYE hi nice to see you back

VULPIX I wanted to say have a fantastic holiday and well done on all the selling! Sorry to hear that your SIL has taken a turn for the worse x

MRSINVISIBLE oh bless your DGS he must have felt a right plonker, my kids still tease me about falling out a swimming pool back in 2003 😂

JOSECHUNGDOOMSDAY I will keep an eye out for Christmas mugs and tea towels, while I’m browsing

NIC hope you and kids have a wicked holiday

PRINCESSKITTY hello :hello:
    CURRENTLY READING A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2020 £60

DDEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014 D
  • 123june123june Forumite
    6 posts
    Hi everyone x i`v been a " lurker" on this site for quite some time but never posted before . I would like to say how much iv enjoyed the Christmas threads over the years and have picked up some great tips here . I love planning for Christmas and buy presents for the festive season whenever i see them as i hate shopping in December . This month i will start buying a tin / jar towards Christmas every time i order from Mr T. it soon adds up and is a massive help when the big day arrives . Anyway i would like to join in hope that`s ok . P.s. i`m sat watching a Christmas film on Sky Xmas in July haha
  • princesskitty29princesskitty29 Forumite
    1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    04624181 Thank you for thinking of me a while back, we’re all good thank you. When is your operation?

vulpix, Treasurequeen and mrsinvisible I’m so sorry to hear all of your sad news, there are no words for things like this, I’m just sending you all my love and wish you lots of strength.

Hello to newbies and welcome back to some familiar names! Good to ‘see’ you again.

I’ve managed to catch up, it’s nice to read about everyone’s holiday plans and Christmas! I’ve got a few more ideas for Christmas presents so have been thinking about Christmas a bit more recently. I’ve had so much going on since I last posted properly; my birthday, DH’s birthday, Father’s Day, Squeak’s 2nd birthday, I did a 26 mile hike for Macmillan, various fundraising events with the PTA and we’re now planning Wiggle’s 5th birthday. I can’t believe he’s going to be 5 and has nearly finished his first year at school! We’re doing a big disco party for him in a hall and have invited his whole class. We’ve been to quite a few parties like that since he started and we thought we’ll do a big one this year then keep it to closer friends in the future. He is so excited bless him and is forever talking about it! I’m a bit nervous about it as I’m worried people might not be around as it’s in the summer holidays (August), but we shall see.

I’ve picked up my cross stitch again today, it’s a picture I am doing for my auntie, I couldn’t get it done before last Christmas so want to get it done for this Christmas. It went off the boil for a while as I’ve been so busy but it was lovely to do a bit today so must keep it up.
  • PeppapigPeppapig Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back SAMMYKAYE, it’s been a while. Glad things are looking up for you now. I’m still trying to cut down - not overly successfully so far but it’s my fault really because I do love pressie buying.:o

Welcome to the thread 123JUNE. Nice to have you fully on board.

Welcome too JOSE. I haven’t seen any recently but I’ll keep a lookout. Of course when I do see some I’ll have forgotten who wanted them but I’ll post anyway. I start to feel the Christmas spirit in July too - I blame QVC and their Christmas in July although the last few years their Christmas offerings have been a let down.

Nice to see you PK. Life is so busy when you’ve got little ones isn’t it. When I look back now I can’t think how I used to fit it all in.

Nothing festive here at the moment but DD2 could go into labour any time so I’m on standby to dash off and collect DGD. Although she’s not due until 15th they’re going to induce her next Tuesday if she hasn’t had him by then as she’s carrying too much fluid. I foresee some ‘my first Christmas’ things falling into my shopping basket.:D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • TreasurequeenTreasurequeen Forumite
    481 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭
    Its so good to hear from you SAMMYKAYE and welcome back.
    Welcome to the newbies,

So far i have:
    Gran: earrings, candles (Finished)
    brother: shower gel, stress ball, shave balm
    dad: slippers, shower gel,
    mum: book,

still have to get something for: my aunt and uncle, grandad, pets, stockings and main gifts for parents. i usually have some ideas but got nothing.

who else thinks this year is flying by so quickly.

xx
    2019 Frugal Living Challenge
    £2 saver club #21 £40.00/£250
    Save for Christmas 2020 £1 a day challenge, 18 - Treasurequeen £ / £366
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Peppa I’m like you, I find it hard to cut down as I like present buying too much! I really enjoy it. I don’t buy any old tat, I do buy things I genuinely know people will like/use but I probably buy too much! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for your DD2. Funnily enough I saw a really cute little ‘Baby’s 1st Christmas’ reindeer rattle in the Next sale online yesterday!

Treasurequeen oh this year is whizzing by! I’m really emotional at the moment as Wiggle has almost finished his first year at school and I can’t believe it.

Squeak is having a nap, I know I’ve got 101 things to do but I just want to sit and do my cross stitch with a cup of tea so I might indulge myself just this once, it is for Christmas after all! :xmassmile
    6 posts
    Did anyone buy the Jack Wills Mug and socks gift set from boots between Sept 18 and Feb 19 ? There`s been a product recall on them ( base cracking and separating when boiling water is poured in them ) If you have any of these tucked away in your xmas pile return to store for a refund . I had a letter through from boots informing me this morning so thought i should let everyone know . x
  • sammy_kaye18sammy_kaye18 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    FREE - congrats on yoru bargains. It has been a good year for bargains this year!

PEPPA = Thanks lovely. It is hard to cut down but I have cut out unnecessary gifts this year and its making life easier.
    Congrats on your impending little grand baby! Do you know what the sex is?

TREASURE - Thanks Lovely. You look to be doing well on your shopping too. I think I will be doing stockings or bags for my mother and sister this year - thankfully they like the same things so it should be fairly easy! This year is going by so quick - I feel like I blinked in January and I was at my sisters birthday in March. Its 'Baby Hollys' birthday next week! and she will be 9!

123June - welcome! These boards have a fab bunch of people on it and will always be very welcoming.

Had a shocker the other day when I logged in.......I joined these boards when I was 19 and had just had my son......well Im 34 now........that little boy turned 15 last month and the baby and pregnancy that I was helped through by these boards when I was severely anaemic = well she turns 9 next week! :eek::eek: Where does the time go?

Anyway back to Christmas. I haven't done much. I have been busy working on the garden. I think next year I will make a real effort with trying to grow some things now that all the brambles and stinging nettles are gone.
    Ben has given me a list of shoes he would like for Xmas and they are about £60 each! :eek: so he will be getting one pair and a game at the rate hes going.
    Meanwhile I have the opposite problem with Holly. She doesn't tell me anything. She must be the only child I know who wants a skull and unicorn themed bedroom!
    Finally sorting myself out. :eek:
    Debts - £2022.18 owed. 8 lenders.
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    123june I didn’t buy one but thanks for letting us know as many of us on here do tuck presents away!

sammy time really does fly doesn’t it?! I joined this forum when I found this Christmas thread about 6/7 years ago – since then I’ve bought a house, got married and had two children! I can’t quite believe it.

I bought Wiggle a Christmas present the other day, last year he really loved watching Aliens Love Panta Claus and he still enjoys it now so I bought him the book. We’re in planning mode for his big 5th birthday disco at the moment so once we’ve done that I’ll start to really focus on Christmas. Although I say that, but we really want to start getting some decorating done in the house so I need to focus on that too or we won’t get anything done! One exciting plan we have is to put a fireplace in the living room, I really love fireplaces and I’m even more excited about the idea of decorating it at Christmas! :)
    6 posts
    123june I didn’t buy one but thanks for letting us know as many of us on here do tuck presents away!

sammy time really does fly doesn’t it?! I joined this forum when I found this Christmas thread about 6/7 years ago – since then I’ve bought a house, got married and had two children! I can’t quite believe it.

I bought Wiggle a Christmas present the other day, last year he really loved watching Aliens Love Panta Claus and he still enjoys it now so I bought him the book. We’re in planning mode for his big 5th birthday disco at the moment so once we’ve done that I’ll start to really focus on Christmas. Although I say that, but we really want to start getting some decorating done in the house so I need to focus on that too or we won’t get anything done! One exciting plan we have is to put a fireplace in the living room, I really love fireplaces and I’m even more excited about the idea of decorating it at Christmas! :)

That`s such a good idea x a real fire would be lovely for Christmas and the winter in general . You`ll be able to snuggle down with a lovely hot chocie or a adult beverage if you wish :beer: I`v started buying a couple of tins / jars a week towards my xmas stash , started with tinned corned beef and salmon as they keep for ages . I always find it a mega help come December and my stash normally lasts through January and February which are horrible months . Nice to have a delve in the box and find a nice treat :j x