Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations

* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread - Page 39

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

868 replies 120.5K views

Replies

• vulpixvulpix Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    :kisses3:James Aaron,lovely name Peppa.i am sure the little man is having lots of love and kisses.

Nothing whatsoever done for Christmas.I have upcycled an oak bookcase and a pine one.Also an oak coffee table.Mr V replaced some wood on my bird boxes and havepainted them,the bird table and a bench.Bird table needs another coat and then to paint my sentry box shed.Anything other than decorate in the house:D

Big shed from the back garden has been sold.Am very excited to have a big job on of remaking that part of the garden.Am trying to not spend any money doing it but may have to buy a bag of sand:eek:

Enjoy the weather Vx
  • muriemurie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Vulpix- your resourcefulness amazes me! Both you and Mrs I are an inspiration x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • vulpixvulpix Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Murie,I am just so glad to be feeling better,I couldn't imagine I ever would last year.As they say time is a great healer.Vx
  • Sammy - thanks for following me on Instagram, have followed you back.

I have been overwhelmed with the support on Instagram, what a friendly bunch, I shouldn't have been scared all these years, much love for the Xmas season and lovely photos.

Went into town this morning, brought a couple of Christmas bits in the M&co sale. A Red check cushion down from £10 to £6 and some beautiful cream gloves with gold thread down from £12 to £4 .

Joyfully
    :santa2: Joyfullyfestive all year round. Instagram: @joyfullyfestive :santa2:

✭✭✭
    Woooohoooo,I have started!:xmastree::santa2::snow_laug Some bits bought for stockings yesterday. Tiny jars of flavoured coffee for DD2,chocolate orange and irish cream.DD1 bought me some when I was poorly and DD2 drank the lot.From Lidl btw.

Just for a change I was in a DIY shop,Homebase this time. Lots of candle type things reduced. Got pear,lotus flower and oak moss room spray for MIL.Like it so much I might keep it though!Will look nice in my bathroom when the house is for sale.

Brought back a car full of pebbles from DD1's in Sheffield and the garden landscaping has begun.Giant concrete flags which were the shed base lifted last night along with a brick path. New bit of stone patio laid where the bricks were and all the pebbles I had put down.Need a lot more pebbles!I will have no excuse but to do some decorating soon:o

Vx
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    vulpix wrote: »
    Woooohoooo,I have started!:xmastree::santa2::snow_laug Some bits bought for stockings yesterday. Tiny jars of flavoured coffee for DD2,chocolate orange and irish cream.DD1 bought me some when I was poorly and DD2 drank the lot.From Lidl btw.

Vx

I saw those but not sure how I feel about coffee being flavoured with "weird" additions.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • muriemurie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    GTQ- Ive not tried lidl's flavoured coffee but I can assure you that the ones that Aldi sometimes sell are scrumptious! I wouldn't drink it each time I have cup of coffee but as a little treat they really hit the spot!

If anyone buys for a Lola Rose fan (my mom loves this type of jewellery), Amazon are selling this as an add on for £7.99 which is a great price!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lola-Rose-Womens-Henny-Bracelet/dp/B01B4I3W92/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=lola+rose&qid=1564203806&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Might be useful if you are buying something over £20 this weekend.

Ive made a start on Advent calendar pressies. Ive booked tickets to see Peter Pan, bought an M&S "12 socks of Christmas" from Eb*y
    and a set of two English Tea Company advent calendars from Amazon (£11.20 for two!). Thats DD, DS my sis and my mom sorted- just have the very difficult to buy for OH to sort.
    No idea what to get as actual Christmas presents tho.
    lovin' this site!
  • sammy_kaye18sammy_kaye18 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    vulpix wrote: »

Well done Vulpix! I seriously need to start making a start now! Time is getting on! :eek:
    I saw those but not sure how I feel about coffee being flavoured with "weird" additions.
    Im always a bit like that too GTQ....I feel the same about chocolate too.

murie wrote: »

Ive made a start on Advent calendar pressies. Ive booked tickets to see Peter Pan, bought an M&S "12 socks of Christmas" from Eb*y
    and a set of two English Tea Company advent calendars from Amazon (£11.20 for two!). Thats DD, DS my sis and my mom sorted- just have the very difficult to buy for OH to sort.
    No idea what to get as actual Christmas presents tho.

The 12 socks of christmas sounds amazing! I think Id like that for myself!
    Fighting Menieres Disease and Anxiety
    Mum of 2, Wife of 1, Adoptive mum of 4, Mummy missing 3 babies.
  • sammy_kaye18sammy_kaye18 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrote a huge reply and it disappeared!

I need to start making a start on things for christmas.
    I found some canvases in my sons room yesterday and I think I will use the two larger ones and decorate them for my daughters room and then the smaller one she can decorate for her granny.

I have a tablecloth that I intended to give to her last year and forgot about as it was the first year without my grandad, I seem to have lost the colour instructions for it though so I think I may have to wing it since I cant remember when or where I brought it to see a picture.

Anyway £58 left in the bank after bills today so am going to find a few creative ways to keep the kids amused although I still have hubby off for a week so Im hoping we will get out and about a bit more now the weather is a bit cooler.
    Fighting Menieres Disease and Anxiety
    Mum of 2, Wife of 1, Adoptive mum of 4, Mummy missing 3 babies.
  • muriemurie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is considering the tea advent calendar (2 bags per day) the BB date is July 2021.
    lovin' this site!