* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    VULPIX, glad to hear your mum wasn’t affected by the dam problems, it must have been awfully scary for those directly in the path of a potential breach. I find the thought of huge amounts of uncontainable water terrifying - water baby I definitely am not.

I remember you too OPEE, welcome back.

SAMMYKAYE I still love that your two are Ben and Holly - you so should have called Angus Gaston :D

REDREDROBIN, hope DD was discharged at the clinic and is fully mended.

PRINCESSKITTY hope your new resident keeps himself to himself and behaves.

Thanks for the heads up about Poundland JOYFULLYFESTIVE, I’ll try and pop in for a look.

Hope everyone is ok. Nothing particularly festive to report although I’ve decided to have spirals and honeycomb balls hanging from the ceiling this year in silver and white so I ordered some spirals from Amazon and they came yesterday and are really nice.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Opee92
    Opee92 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay thank you for the warm welcome! So lovely to see so many familiar names!
    OH won an incentive at work so came home with a £20 love2shop card last night and has very kindly said I can use it to pick up some presents if I like as he has no use for it (the shopping is definitely left down to me 😂) so I’ve got a couple of bits reserved in Argos for DS2 so i’ll put the £20 I was going to use on them in my savings pot and use the card instead.

Our big festive treat this year is a surprise trip to London with the kids. We’re planning to go Friday-Sunday the last weekend of November (god knows what we’re thinking....last payday weekend before Christmas 😂) the kids have never been before and I LOVE London at Christmas time so thought it’d be a lovely treat for them.
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    DH has been very kind and is doing bathtime whilst I have a chill out! Phew what a 2 weeks, as I said before DH was off last week so we had lots of daytrips out, then Wiggle turned 5 so we had his big disco party at the weekend then a trip to Thomas Land on his actual birthday. Then the next day my friend came to stay for a couple of nights. It’s all been really lovely (children’s attitudes and tantrums aside) but I feel like I haven’t stopped for a breather and am totally out of routine! I’m hoping to get back on top of things tomorrow and now Wiggle’s birthday is over I can focus my attentions on some Christmas planning.

I remember you Opee! Welcome back, good to see you! :beer: A pre-Christmas trip to London sounds very exciting!

vulpix very glad to hear your mum wasn’t affected by the floods.

sammy I’m rebekahlovesteaandcake on Instagram. It sounds like your DS had a bit of a time of it, I’m glad to hear those affected are on the mend though.

Joyfullyfestive it’s that exciting time now when Christmas stuff starts to creep into the shops! I love it when everyone starts posting on here about what they’ve seen where! :D
  • pinknfluffy28
    Options
    Long time no post, I've been AWOL for months I'm afraid, with no excuse other than "life" 😂😂

Its lovely to see some familiar names still here, and I'm looking forward to hopefully joining in with the christmas prep, chat and fun, more often now things have settled down xx
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sammy-kaye---is this any use?https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292333605044

(credit HUKDs)
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi PINKNFLUFFY, it seems like ages, lovely to have you back. I think the Christmas feeling is starting to ramp up now, it’ll only be a couple more months and I’ll be panicking about where the time has gone.

PK I really can’t believe Wiggle has turned five - are you sure? :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • pinknfluffy28
    Options
    Argh - posted under my daughters account (glitternut )! Didnt even realise she was still logged in after all this time.

Oh God you can tell I'm out of practice with technology
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 12 August 2019 at 8:36AM
    Options
    Hi all sorry not really been in a lot this year to chat. I have been reading odds and ends when I get chance. Hope everyone is ok.

Just came in to post in case anyone needs a decent gift for maybe teenagers who are hard to buy for. On the Groupon app there is some superdry watches at £9.98 (plus £1.99 delivery) - on the app there are 4 colours left (only two show as available on the website for some reason). Ordered a couple for the teenagers we have to buy for and they arrived quickly and thought they were a good price at a tenner. Seen the same ones for £25 elsewhere.

t1136x688.jpg

Christmas buying is under way now. Managed to get a Fossil branded purse for just over £8 the other day at Cheshire Oaks (marked up as £45 originally which I'd never have paid, marked down to £29.99 then had extra 70% off as well)

Also have picked up a couple of weekend type holdalls which I will put some toiletries in for the recipients

Said it last year but this year cutting back is definitely happening. Will be keeping my eyes open for good bargains
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    I’m having five minutes peace whilst Squeak has a nap and Wiggle is out on his bike with DH so I thought I’d have a little catch up. I was lucky enough to go for a spa day yesterday for a friends birthday and boy was it good to have a recharge in the middle of the summer holidays! I took Squeak for his swimming lesson this morning then Wiggle and I made an apple and blackberry cake with some blackberries we foraged for at the weekend. It’s smelling quite autumnal in my house today! I’m the same every year though when it gets to this time, I do enjoy summer days and being able to take the kids out but I hanker after cosy evenings with hot drinks. We’ll soon be there though the way this year is flying!

Happy birthday Treasurequeen! I hope you’re having a lovely day. _party_

Hello again pink! Lovely to see you.

Peppa oh I know! Although I am very sure I am living with a five year old, as he knows best about everything of course! :p

Stokie sounds like you’re finding some good bargains!
  • 123june
    123june Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all x well i sat and watched white Christmas on Saturday haha and got my little xmas prep book out to see what presents i have and what i need to buy . I tend to shop all year round so it spreads out the cost so i`m about half done now . My stash of jars and tins is coming along nicely and i will start getting the biscuits and chocolates when they appear in the supermarkets . I like to be nearly finished by 1st December so i can enjoy the pre Christmas festivities . Happy bargain hunting everyone x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure