TPS fine - Cambridge - what do?

edited 12 February 2016 at 9:14PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
36 replies 3.2K views
Socks0rsSocks0rs Forumite
20 Posts
edited 12 February 2016 at 9:14PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
So I need some advice here...

I've just received a Parking Eye PCN via the mail concerning a supposed contravention that occurred ALL the way back on 09/10/14....

I received in the post a letter from "Premier Solicters" asking me to pay £105 by 3rd Feb or they will apparently commence formal civil court proceedings against me.

Now... I have no recollection of any contravention occurring nor of any previous notices stating as such.

What do?

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    fishing trip by debt collection company, normally I would advise just filing the letter , however you are dealing with PE here.

the rules were changed , or rather "written" into the BPA rulz book regarding "grace periods" later than your ticket.

I would suggest you get a copy of the "charge sheet" that PE sent you at the time, if indeed it was only 4 mins , they would look foolish in court , when you explain that the cameras were at thec entrance , and it took you "x" minutes to find a parking space , and "x" mins to exit the crowded car park.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    This doesnt sound like PE. Is this TPS?

Write to the solicitors stating that the overstay is within the grace period, so the debt is denied.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Doesn't sound like PE to me either. PE is a bit of a one-trick pony: lower fee, upper fee, blow whistle. They used to have tertiary fees prior to POFA 2012 but did away with those when they became highly litigious. On the same principle, the operator who has sued more times than any other and has earnt itself a disgraceful victory in the Supreme Court really has no need to bypass the legal system by crying off to third party agents.
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't sound like PE to me either. PE is a bit of a one-trick pony: lower fee, upper fee, blow whistle. They used to have tertiary fees prior to POFA 2012 but did away with those when they became highly litigious. On the same principle, the operator who has sued more times than any other and has earnt itself a disgraceful victory in the Supreme Court really has no need to bypass the legal system by crying off to third party agents.

what of equita are they 3rd part or not ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    what of equita are they 3rd part or not ?

I meant debt collection agencies.
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I meant debt collection agencies.

do you know who equita are?

see http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/parkingeye-shamelessly-dredge-up.html

and search this forum for the many 100,s of letters they sent out at xmas , pretending to be a debt collection Co

when in fact they are owned by crapita , who just happen to own PE.

also check out the jan listings for the BPA AOS , you will see that now PE are classified a debt recovery company
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Clearly I missed it.

Well they are stupid then, if they haven't figured out yet that the more they seek is the more vulnerable individuals will make enquiries then they must have nothing between their ears. Of course some softies will submit, but they'll never get the figure they could have guaranteed themselves playing fair.
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    stupid? , no scammers!!!

how about "as seen on TV" , trying to go for £600 , by false letters

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/dcbl-race-to-605-new-letter-chain-gets.html
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hoohoo wrote: »
    This doesnt sound like PE. Is this TPS?

Write to the solicitors stating that the overstay is within the grace period, so the debt is denied.
    Do the above. A few minutes is acceptably within the BPA code of Practice. However DO NOT SAY WHO WAS DRIVING. Do not write as driver, write as the keeper of the vehicle ONLY.

I also think it's TPS - Beehive car park? I've been there when sorting out a student house for a Coupon-sprog and the signs are high, unreadable, overly wordy - without the 'charge' being prominent at all - and very sporadically placed. If it's another retail park then please confirm if this really is ParkingEye because we have never seen them use Premier Solcitors, we really don't think it's PE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 12 February 2016 at 9:15PM
    Socks0rsSocks0rs Forumite
    20 Posts
    edited 12 February 2016 at 9:15PM
    Ahhh... soz guys... It was TPS actually...
    I wrote Parking Eye in my original post because the solicters letter referenced a Parking Eye case and I think that planted the seed in my mind.

And to the other guy, yea, the Beehive car park, which having thought about it I'm pretty sure is TPS.

So what's the general consensus here? The way I see it I have two issues:

1) I can't really remember jack chit about any incident.

2) Best course of action? If I am to write to the soliciter or whatever, surely I need to find out exactly what they're referring to?

Thanks for all the feedback so far btw.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals