IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TPS fine - Cambridge - what do?

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 February 2016 at 7:49PM
    Options
    the other guy is a gal , lol

this wont be Parking Eye, the landmark case was them but its really not relevant and no point mentioning them

as its so long ago, its either pay up or carry on ignoring (I would do the latter as I would with any of these debt collector letters, TPS being DRP who are sending out similar letters at the moment)

the time to gen up is if genuine court papers arrive within 6 years of the original date

but a debt denied letter due to the alleged overstay being within the BPA CoP , is a good idea , so see post #3 again

then go to post #1 , edit the post to remove PE and use advanced edit to remove PE from the thread title as well
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Write to the solicitors and say this is so long ago you have no details. Please therefore send full details and you will then respond.

However, from memory you do not believe a contravention occured so the debt is denied.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2016 at 12:58AM
    Options
    And that you are aware from local knowledge that this site has no planning permission for the cameras and signage and that a retrospective application is currently being made hastily by TPS.

(this link is for you, not them):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=98437&st=60&start=60

So you suggest that the matter is dropped immediately before you publicise it.

DO NOT WRITE 'my overstay' or 'this happened all so long ago that I could not even remember what company fined me.'

You need to understand not to give away anything at all about that day, not the timings, nothing. DO NOT say who parked/was driving.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2016 at 2:27PM
    Options
    After doing a bit of googling it seems there are 2 retail parks adjacent to each other:

https://www.cambridgeretailpark.co.uk

https://www.beehivecentre.co.uk (the one in Coupon-Mad's link)

I think they are both Parking Eye after reading Trip Advisor.

Loads of complaints on Trip Advisor.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They aren't, I have been to the Beehive Centre in the Autumn and (of course!) I looked at the signs specially and had a little chuckle at how unreadably wordy they are. They are TPS.

Also, ParkingEye do not use Premier Solicitors.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • maggie75
    Options
    DollyDee wrote: »
    After doing a bit of googling it seems there are 2 retail parks adjacent to each other:

You are totally correct. I live in the area and yes, there are two separate parts to the retail park. If you come towards the area from the Newmarket Rd, on the left is a section containing Homebase, B&Q, Dunelm and others. This part is managed by TPS and 4 hours parking is allowed.
    On the other side of the road is an area containing Toys R Us, Asda, M&S and more and this section is managed by Parking Eye and allows 3 hours parking. I am very familiar with the parking there but can see where the confusion comes from.
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    So, risking making a idiot of myself, it would seem the OP parked on Cambridge Retail Park controlled by TPS and not the Beehive Centre controlled by Parking Eye and, therefore, the planning permission for cameras and signage does not apply unless TPS have made the same "mistake".

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/planning-consent-cameras-enforcing-parking/story-27507841-detail/story.html

I believe the gentleman mentioned in that article is the same person who started the Pepipoo thread linked to by C-m.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Associate director Morley Shurman told the News he was notified by the city council this week and a retrospective planning application for ANPR cameras, CCTV cameras and poles will follow.
    He added: "I anticipate that it will be fully approved, since the CCTV cameras have been in place for many years to successfully ensure that the Beehive Centre continues to be the very safe and secure environment which it is for our customers.

they don,t get it do they?

the cameras in question are not CCTV cameras used for surveillance and the safety of customers , they are ANPR cameras , with no link to the police/council , who,s only job it to catch out people who overstay.

in fact by using this method , they are actively removing "eyes on the ground" (wardens) , who could act as a security deterrent
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    They (PPC's) seem to teflon coated don't they?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no the land owners are stupid!

payback time will come soon , and they will wonder why?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family