1.7K replies 186.8K views

Replies

• MothershipMothership Forumite
    823 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Mothership wrote: »

BBFD 10/2012 Aprox 12-16 months supply.

QUOTE]

Hi Mothership, just to let you know the chicken did sunday lunch, 7 curries and 6 portions of soup, not too bad, :j thanks

What does BBFD stand for?

Best Before Date :) Gings ye got a lot oot o that bird LOL
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Can't quite believe I have missed so many posts. Already at 17 for February! Will have to rread end of Jans and beginning of Febs another time.

Grandsons have gone home; we do miss them. Dentist visit not too bad, but have been told to consider having 2 crowns done.

How do other posters feel about taking out those 'free for a month' offers (Love Film, credit reports etc) where, if you do it via a cash back site, you get paid a sum (£20-£30). I feel a bit guilty when I know I am only doing it for the cash back and have no interest in continuing beyond the offer.

Hoping to have a very low spend this month. Fingers crossed - nothing breaks down or goes wrong!

Hugs and kisses to all. Aren't we doing well? Even if we don't hit our targets we are trying.
  • Baileys_BabeBaileys_Babe Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    January spends were £399.10, we have an annual budget of £5200, which is £14.25 a day, £441.75 for 31 days so we were under by £42.65, which wasn't too bad as that did include going out for dinner twice and a takeaway. I stocked up with enough milk at the end of last week to last all February (I think) which I have frozen to save those trips where you pop in for milk and come out with 10 quids worth of stuff you never knew you needed :rotfl:

We have plenty of milk, cheese, pasta, rice, couscous, meat, flour, sugar to last the month. We have 3 very full freezers which I only have a vague idea what they contain. Before trying to meal plan I want to investigate the freezers and have a full inventory, as this is not a fun job I think I'll do a shelf a day and save the chest freezer until the weekend when OH can help or at least keep the children out of the way.
  • Declare a SPEND of £8.62 but a refund of £4 from Mr A as they delivered incorrect item, then told me to throw it away!! as its something i wont use (regular beef mince) i told him no, can i not swap it in store? he said yes, and also gave me a code for free delivery next time so will swap that tomorrow!

so new total is in signature.. £111.93 spent however i got some AMAZING whoopsies from Mr S which is what i went into find!

all items bought reduced, so for £8.62 i got

• bag organic carrots
    • bag brussells
    • freedom food whole chicken
    • pork loin crackling joint
    • 4 x porridge with syrup sachets for hubby
    • ribena cartons reduced (for pack up)
    • loaf organic wholemeal bread (HM attempt is awful have had to give it up as a bad job!)
    very happy with that haul, pretty much sorted now on the food/cupboard/freezer front...

also managed to bag some small tubs of the following as FREEBIES from a rep at work promoting a cardio trainer app for android smart phones :D

• mixed seeds
    • almonds (skin on)
    • honeyed cashews
    • dried apricots
    • granola and nut mix
    will be making breakfast bars from these on Thursday as its my day off

"engage smug mode" :cool:
    DFW - Debt Free Date July 2013, LBM Oct 2011

Total Debt Sept 2011 £23,708.39
    Paid so far £2,383.91 :money:

Current Debt £21,560.56
  • larmy16larmy16 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone :)

I really wish I could read all these posts but sadly do not have the time. I hope you all got on ok in January. I was over by £50.89 but will try to do better this month.

So, once again I am aiming for £260.

Good luck you lovely people XX
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• Morning!

My first NSD for Feb! Yey!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have a g8t day everyone x
    Grocery Challange for DH, Me & 2 Fussy Cats (inc Grocerys, Cleaning Products & Cat Food)
    G/C -May £177.04/£235.00 Apr £237.79/£235.00 Mar £226.16 /£235.00
    G/C - Jan £248.52/£235.00 - Feb£214.72/£235.00
    NSD -May 3/31 Apr 10/30 Mar 3/31 Feb 6/28 NSD Jan 3/31
  • RachelSRachelS Forumite
    213 posts
    Hippeechiq, sorry that happened to you. By all means, email your rant to Asda, but I wouldn't expect anything back. I have complained to them twice and never received any kind of acknowledgement. It seems you get what you pay for! I still shop there as it's cheapest, but I hate it!
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... I am wanting to join to try and get my food bill down each month, however I do have a fair bit of food left in my freezer and cupboards so would it be cheating to use that, because it would look like i spent little? ...

I should think we've all had some stock in our cupboards when we started the challenge, its not cheating; good luck with the challenge ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Good morning everyone, sorry but I don't have much chance to read through the thread so (((HUGS)))) to everyone who needs one. Just thought I'd put my first update on.

I just need to buy milk this afternoon and then this week's total will be 36.70 which I'm really chuffed with. I also made a chicken & leek pie for tea last night out of the LO roast chicken from Monday which unfortunately I'd normally throw away due to having no imagination. :money: Just need to meal plan for next week and try not to do so many bits of shopping this week even though they were necessary. I've already had 2NSD's this month.
    TOTAL DEBT £12,212.46/£2000 paid off
    Debt Free Goal September 2017
    #106 Emergency Fund £482.53/£1000
  • Thanks ChrerryPie and Hippeechiq. I looked around but Asda hasn't got a contact email!! Go and figure why! Lol They have a contact form and after 20 minutes writing a rant for them I go to submit... only to be told that it exceeded 1000 characters! That is like 150 words! So I will be printing the rant off and sending it to customer services. Or maybe fax it if I find a fax around. I had a problem with the delivery a year ago. The driver was over an hour late and arrived smiling as if nothing was going on. I do not understand what the problem is. Sainsburys delivers in my area always in time (and they have an hour slot, not two liike Asda) and sometimes they even call to ask if they can come earlier because they are in the area. Shame Sainsb is more expensive because the delivery service I had from them it has always been excellent. Two online shoppings in Asda, two fails :(
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!