Old Boys! Have you claimed your pension??

191011121315»

Replies

• edited 24 October at 2:25PM
    SilvertabbySilvertabby Forumite
    7K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 October at 2:25PM
    NannaH said:
    Where were you based in 95? 
    I’m now wondering if DH knows Mr S,  it’s a very small world.
    We were at Coltishall in 95, having come from Wildenrath in 92. 
    DH was one of the founding members of the Armourer’s charity a few years back.  
    Not Coltishall.  I did 2 years at Wildenrath, but that was the early 1980s.  We were both at Rheindalen in 1992, though, so we may have crossed paths in the big NAAFI shop there - still miss those bargains! 

Mr S was an aircraft electrician, and so worked with armourers - they may have met at some point.
  • NannaHNannaH Forumite
    93 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I worked at Naafi Rhinedalen 1985-87 as a newlywed,  DH was at Bruggen. 
    We lived out at Geilenkirchen 1988-92 while at Wildenrath so had the American BX, that place was amazing.  
     We had the best time in Germany, our Daughter was born at Wegberg in 1990.  Such happy memories, apart from Gulf war and IRA murders. 
  • SilvertabbySilvertabby Forumite
    7K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    NannaH said:
    I worked at Naafi Rhinedalen 1985-87 as a newlywed,  DH was at Bruggen. 
    We lived out at Geilenkirchen 1988-92 while at Wildenrath so had the American BX, that place was amazing.  
     We had the best time in Germany, our Daughter was born at Wegberg in 1990.  Such happy memories, apart from Gulf war and IRA murders. 
    Yes - happy days.  Rheindahlen was were I met and married Mr S!  I still have a set of steak knives I bought from the Geilenkirchen BX - and a huge stash of Le Crueset cookware from the Rheindalen NAAFI.  
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NannaH said:
    My favourite station - 72 to 79 and 80 to 85, both kids born in N&N, one each tour.

• NannaHNannaH Forumite
    93 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    We thought long and hard about staying in Norwich as we loved it but house prices were going insane at the time so we moved back to our hometown, which was much cheaper,  literally half the price. 
  • unforeseenunforeseen Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    molerat said:
    NannaH said:
    My favourite station - 72 to 79 and 80 to 85, both kids born in N&N, one each tour.

I was at Neat 75-82. Lived in at Colt (chisholm block) until I married in 78 then moved to HSF MQs