We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Restaurant Voucher/Deals: Report top spots

Options

Comments

• Knightowl
    Knightowl Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I may be a bit thick (i know i am;) ) but can you use the Slug and Lettuce print off voucher in conjuction with Tesco Club card vouchers?:confused:
    The years starts today ....
  • alfa_mazda
    Options
    mcculg02 wrote: »
    How come this offer does not extend to Northern Ireland?

I'm guessing probably the same reason it doesnt extend to East Herts/West Essex! none of my 3 local branches are on the list :( gawd knows why
  • vannylake
    Options
    I have the Zizi's voucher in an e-mail. Not sure of the best way to post it here for people?
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    vannylake wrote: »
    I have the Zizi's voucher in an e-mail. Not sure of the best way to post it here for people?

I can attach it to an e-mail. If anyone wants it, PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • _welshy_
    _welshy_ Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bluejosiah wrote: »
    Unfortunately it appears to only allow you to use the voucher in your county, and you have to specify which restaurant you want to use at registration. As I'm on the edge of my county it I would prefer to have gone to the closest location, or even better have used it when I went to visit friends in another county.

You can use a postcode near to the hut you wish to visit, and then select that county too. I did this to use a hut in the next county not the one they suggested for my postcode.
  • Stexxxen
    Options
    Hi, Thought I'd register to let you know the problems I've had.

Visited the Pizza Hut in Bluewater on Sunday evening with the voucher printed off my black and White laser printer.
    After the meal I was told the voucher would not be accepted as it was a photocopy and after fruitless discussions was unable to persuade the shift supervisor otherwise.

His deluded argument was that he couldn't tell it wasn't a photocopy so he didn't have to accept it as his manager would give him grief for it the next day. He even had the audacity to suggest he only accepts if they are printed in colour.

I tried to hammer home the point that laser printers and photocopiers work on roughly the same technology and it would be hard to spot the difference. As well as asking what the problem was with photocopies as the there is no barcode and the voucher is already personalised to me (I even brought ID) and even has to specify the exact restaurant.

In the end I had to pay the full amount, as is was a brick wall.

But I suggest Pizza Hut give their staff some basic training in how not to accuse customers of fraud while trying to back it up with the worst scientific explanation I've ever heard.

I will certainly never be eating there again, and recommend no one tries to use their vouchers unless they get them pre-approved before they order.

Hope everyone else has better luck
  • GWilson_2
    Options
    You can claim this in N Ireland, i have the voucher for Bango Co Down:T
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stexxxen wrote: »
    In the end I had to pay the full amount, as is was a brick wall.

But I suggest Pizza Hut give their staff some basic training in how not to accuse customers of fraud while trying to back it up with the worst scientific explanation I've ever heard.

You should have taken the name of the Shift Supervisor. Then written to the Head Office. You can probably still write to the HO and give details of date, time and branch.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • MSE_Deborah
    MSE_Deborah Posts: 134 MSE Staff
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    As a result of forum feedback we have been in contact with Pizza Hut and it has agreed to extend its 50% off voucher to Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland as of Saturday 30 August

Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stexxxen wrote: »
    Visited the Pizza Hut in Bluewater on Sunday evening with the voucher printed off my black and White laser printer.
    After the meal I was told the voucher would not be accepted as it was a photocopy and after fruitless discussions was unable to persuade the shift supervisor otherwise

In such circumstances you have two options.

If it is an 'event' and you don't want to spoil the atmosphere pay up and take it up with Pizza Hut head office the following day.

If you are happy for a 'discussion', the simple solution is do not enter into any argument with the waiter or supervisor, but ask to speak to the duty manager. Simply point out that the T&Cs of the voucher do not require you to present it to a member of staff before the meal and it does not state that it must be printed on a certain type of printer.

Offer to pay the discounted amount with the voucher and insist that they take your name and address. If they decline to accept the discounted payment, write on a piece of paper your name and address on a piece of paper and give it to the manager. Then leave. At the earliest opportunity contact Pizza Hut head office and explain the situation.

It is only a criminal offence to leave a restaurant without paying if you do not intend to pay (known as 'bilking'). If it is merely a dispute over the bill that is a civil matter. By leaving your name and address you remove any doubt that you tried to avoid payment.

If they threaten to call the police, call the police yourself (you retain control of the situation that way, and know what is said). If told the truth (and not Pizza Hut's version of the truth) they will not be interested.

Terms and Conditions
    1) Offer available in participating dine-in huts only.
    2) Voucher available all day, 7 days a week until 05/10/2008 inclusive.
    3) 50% off food only (including childrens), excluding buffet, deals, drinks, takeaway and online orders.
    4) This voucher cannot be redeemed for cash.
    5) The voucher can only be redeemed at the Pizza Hut store named on this voucher.
    6) Only the person named on this voucher can redeem the offer and must be able to provide proof of identification.
    7) Photocopied vouchers will not be accepted.
    8) This voucher can only be used once.
    9) One voucher per table.
    10) This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount.
    11) Pizza Hut reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at anytime and without prior notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport