Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• moneylover
    moneylover Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont know if these cheap Argos cases vary but I bought one and took it back as over a cm higher (nearly 57 cms) if you carefully measure. Someone else on this site measured and agreed. However good value case and hopefully okay even if you get checked as just the wheels would stick out a little.
    Has anyone else got one of these and actuallychecked it at an airport in a Ryanair luggage measurer?
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought 2 of these argos cases, but am taking them back. They are almost 60cm when you take into account the wheels and handle. Not worth the risk of being charged 40 quid at the airport.
  • moneylover
    Options
    deanh22 wrote: »
    Medium size foldaway
    The medium size foldaway has a Linear Length of 115cms (55 x 40 x 20) and weighs less than 875g. This piece is also suitable for all the major airlines but particular Easyjet and Ryanair who set this exact size. Capacity 44 litres. £20

http://www.flylite.uk.com/bag_products.aspx

This seems to be the best bet except you have to carry it. I dont think there are any cheap suitcases that fit Ryanair dimensions unless you go smaller than the maximum. Unless you want to pay Samsonite prices probably about £80or more and these are not particularly light suitcases. It seems to me as well that you are paying for a million zips and subdivisions in the samsonites when alll you really want unless you are a businessman packing suits is just a box shaped arrangement to shove everything into.
    I am going to buy one of the above unless anyone can come up with any competitively priced Samsonite online.
  • will-he-payitoff
    Options
    We used 2 of the Argos cases last week and did not have any probs. They fit in the overhead lockers lenghtways iyswim and there was a lot of people on both flights with much larger cases. Also when fully packed weighed 9.8 Kg
  • moneylover
    Options
    but were these cases put in the holder by ryanair to check size? has anyone ever tested them out? becuase they are bigger than legal dimensions
  • AndysDad
    AndysDad Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    quinny wrote: »
    Try instore/poundstretcher, I got some cabin baggage there a few weeks back specifically for ryanair as we got stung the last time we travelled, think they were 10 quid each and as I checked the allowed dimensions before I purchased I know they are definitely under the allowed size.
    Another recommendation for Poundstrectcher.I bought mine there last week for 8.99 ,all dimensions within limits and 3 year guarantee.Good strong case for the money.
  • Ezmondino
    Ezmondino Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    IIRC Matalan had these 75% off a few weeks ago, their smallest case would be fine :)
  • jogreen_2
    Options
    I got a really good black wheely suitcase from Tripp. It was only £20, a real bargain!

The quality is absolutly fantastic, the price was good and the delivery was really quick.

Perfect for all those weekends away!
  • terryya
    terryya Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    Sports Direct have some Dunlop ones for £7.99 at the moment that are just right if you take the top handle off (with a hacksaw!)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We bought one of these
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/2861962.htm
    from Argos earlier in the week

It was 56cm tall, but we thought we'd 'risk it'

As they only had one in stock, we had to go back again today to get another.

Beggar me - they're slightly different!! :rolleyes:

On the original one, the top handle protrudes by about 1cm whereas on the later one, the handle retracts fully flush!

We're on a BMI flight in the morning, I'll report back!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure