Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• scottishf
    scottishf Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Options
    dbs wrote: »
    Also remember the weight limit for cabin luggage on Ryanair is 10kg so buy the lightest case that you can.

Yup thanks....did you get anything suitable yourself?
  • quinny
    quinny Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try instore/poundstretcher, I got some cabin baggage there a few weeks back specifically for ryanair as we got stung the last time we travelled, think they were 10 quid each and as I checked the allowed dimensions before I purchased I know they are definitely under the allowed size.
  • dbs
    dbs Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    scottishf wrote: »
    Yup thanks....did you get anything suitable yourself?

Not yet trying to find correct size with minimum weight think Antler have a new light weight range out so going to do some checking up on them, would be expensive so would only buy when on sale.
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    Options
    dbs wrote: »
    Not yet trying to find correct size with minimum weight think Antler have a new light weight range out so going to do some checking up on them, would be expensive so would only buy when on sale.

try an antler outlet, in laws saw one in the antlers outlet near us and went to the ex catalogue shop next door and the same cases were half the antler outlet price, cant remember what they paid for the cabin bag but the medium was £20 and think it was £10. The medium was only 3.8Kg if I remember and the handluggage one fitted inside of this and was a cm smaller than the sizes they needed.
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    At £12 per kilo per flight for excess baggage, it makes sense to wear a few extra clothes rather than pack them.

Remember also that you cannot take larger toiletries, razors, etc on board, so you need to buy these at the airport after security or at your destination.
  • quinny
    quinny Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    A.Jones wrote: »
    At £12 per kilo per flight for excess baggage, it makes sense to wear a few extra clothes rather than pack them.

Remember also that you cannot take larger toiletries, razors, etc on board, so you need to buy these at the airport after security or at your destination.

Enclosed razors and blades are actually allowed with Ryanair, I find superdrug are quite good for the smaller bottles of toiletries.
  • ChrisDY10
    Options
    I can heartily recommend the Samsonite Freeminder boarding bag (code A53-355) - it is exactly 55x40x20cm so is perfect for Ryanair. They are reasonably expesive at £65 - we got our from luggage-case.co.uk and they came within three days - but they pack a good 44 litres and weigh less than 2kg when empty so when filled with a long weekend's luggage you can easily keep the wight below 10kgs. As check-in fees for bags on Ryanair and other low cost carriers go up and up, you don't need to take too many flights to get your money back. And of course you are straight out of the airport not hanging around waiting for your bags to be unloaded wasting precious time on a short break.

We have had to demonstrate a couple of times that the bags are within regulation, but even if you fill them right up you can get them to fit in the hand-baggage guage without difficulty.

The bags are really well thought out - there is an integtrated backpack system which zips away in addition to a couple of handles and a removeable shoulder strap. They even provide a lock and an built-in luggage label. And being Samsonite it really is well put together. A real 10/10 purchase.
  • aramo
    aramo Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I've a Samsonite wheelie that measures 54x38x22 and I frequently use it with Ryanair. It is impossible for me to fill the case and stay under the 10kg cabin baggage allowance so I often end up with 12-14kg. I have never been asked to weigh the case or verify its dimensions however I always use online check-in and avoid the check-in desks and their dubious scales.

Lately Ryanair have taken to sending out emails warning people about cabin baggage allowances and the dire consequences which will ensue if passengers exceed them but I've yet so see any action being taken at the departure gates.
  • Ray-Budday
    Options
    Hi there,
    We have been trying to get some cabin bags sorted for our Ryan air flights.
    Argos are doing a trolley case for a very reasonable £9.99. All dimensions are equal to or less than 55 x 40 x 20 with wheels/expanded. Weight 2.5kg. Holds 35 litres.
    Sturdy enough as it will not be thrown in the hold.Ridgid enough to not squash your clothes too much.
    Code 286/1962 - Just collected 2
    Going to Biarritz with hubbie in a few weeks with Ryan Air soon for a few days - £20 for both of us all in, and now with no hold baggage to pay for, so well cheap

Thanks Argos & Mr O' Leary
  • zenmaster
    zenmaster Posts: 3,151 Forumite
    Options
    I used a Tesco recyclable carrier and Mrs Zen had one of these from Boots.

Cheap as chips, weigh nothing and hold plenty for a weeks trip (including my golf shoes).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure