Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dutch_andy wrote: »
    they fit nicely in the rack at airport in ryan air stand with ease

Probably won't fit in the 20 cm cardboard box that some airports use.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • dorothyandjim
    Options
    Salvaggia wrote: »
    Hello , i would like to ask ... can i carry one hand case with me with 10 kg and one checked baggage with 20 kg. Many thanks

Hi,

Hand case 10kg is OK, but Ryanair checked baggage limit is only 15kg.

Regards, Jim
  • rapunzelz86
    rapunzelz86 Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if a standard gym holdall fits ryanair dimensions?
    I cannot find my tape measure anywhere and am no good at guessing by eye :eek:
    Im hoping on taking 4 of these (1 each) as our luggage, with one empty for bringing things back - well may just use this for tickets and passports leaving space for gifts/duty free etc.

They are very lightweight (the one i already have is anyway) and probably cheaper than most other bags quoted here, so if anyone knows if they are ok that would be a great help, and i can order some online :D
    Thank youuuuuu :beer:
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • bigfoot125
    bigfoot125 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    hi there
    has anyone got this bag Double Pocket 60cm Black Expandable Trolley Case. 286/1979 from Argos,is okay for ryanair
  • sezzie
    sezzie Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Just ordered a bag froom Fleabay.Wont let me post link but details are
    PRESS RELEASE: HIGH HOPES FOR NEW AEROPLANE HAND LUGGUAGE

For all those fliers confused by current hand luggage restrictions, we’ve the solution, a perfectly proportioned flight bag, priced just £18.99.

Now you can avoid the baggage reclaim queues and need never fear your prized possessions have been lost in mid air. Measuring 55cm x 40cm x20cm, the sturdy aerohandluggage flight bag has been specially designed in accordance with BMIbaby and Ryanair hand luggage size stipulations but can also be used on other popular operator flights including British Airways, EasyJet and Monarch Air who have larger size allowances. [1]
    The innovative design features a heavy duty body with large opening for ease of packing, reinforced carry handles and shoulder strap, handy end pocket for passport documents, as well as, a re-sealable 20cm x 20cm clear polybag for liquids. When not in use the aerohandluggage flight bag folds completely flat for easy storage or could be used as a sports bag

Has 100% feedback, stated sizes exact for Ryanair, lightweight. Never flown Ryanair but just bagged some £10 flights to & from Dublin for anniversary treat. Fingers crossed bag will do...

Will let you know, but not until October, sorry!!! (That is unless anyone else already tried these??)
  • trisha
    trisha Posts: 488 Forumite
    edited 2 July 2010 at 6:25PM
    Options
    I have just bought an el cheapo one from poundstretcher for £11.99 it.s not that wonderful but will do for the odd trip as carry on luggage.It's also very light at 2kg

http://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/red-and-black-expandable-luggage-55cm.html
    they have it in 3 colours
  • orangebucket
    Options
    sadeelisha wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a standard gym holdall fits ryanair dimensions?

I am a stranger to the gym so wouldn't know one if I was holding one :-)
    I cannot find my tape measure anywhere and am no good at guessing by eye :eek:

A piece of A4 paper is 21cm on its smaller side. That shows how narrow the 20cm limit actually is. The 55cm isn't terribly generous either. A small holdall I used on RyanAir several back in the days of 7kg limit and L+W+H size limits is now too big because it is round-ish.
    Im hoping on taking 4 of these (1 each) as our luggage, with one empty for bringing things back - well may just use this for tickets and passports leaving space for gifts/duty free etc.

They are very lightweight (the one i already have is anyway) and probably cheaper than most other bags quoted here, so if anyone knows if they are ok that would be a great help, and i can order some online :D

My plan at the moment, until the other half vetoes it, we find it is a silly idea, or whatever, is to use IKEA Upptacka foldable bags (I'm not allowed to post a link but searching for 'Upptacka foldable bag' on IKEA's site does the job...).

They are about 54cm long and although nominally they have a round end profile which isn't in spec they are totally soft so they'll happily distort to allow 40cm x 20cm. They only weigh about 200g and there is a pocket (that it folds into) that should be useful to keep the toiletries bag handly for presentation. As long they aren't overfilled in any dimension they should do the job (and even RyanAir's Samsonite case can be overfilled to go out of spec). They have handles which go underneath the bag so there is no danger of them falling off, and also a shoulder strap and that should be enough even if filled to 10kg.

Is this similar to your thinking?
  • orangebucket
    Options
    trisha wrote: »
    I have just bought an el cheapo one from poundstretcher for £11.99 it.s not that wonderful but will do for the odd trip as carry on luggage.It's also very light at 2kg

they have it in 3 colours

The Poundstretcher website suggests they are 55x37x22, which nominally is oversized in one dimension and exact on another. Given that quoted dimensions often overlook the protruding handles and wheels the 55cm would be a concern too. Have you measured to see what size they really are?
  • trisha
    trisha Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    The Poundstretcher website suggests they are 55x37x22, which nominally is oversized in one dimension and exact on another. Given that quoted dimensions often overlook the protruding handles and wheels the 55cm would be a concern too. Have you measured to see what size they really are?

We tried it in the cage beforehand,it slotted in ok.Albeit that the 55cm is without the wheels and handles
    We have just travelled between LBA and Limoges and everyone had to put hand luggage in the cage at the departure gate and it was accepted at both airports, the people who were refused were the ones with smaller cases and bags who had filled them too high and they wouldn't fit in.
  • leonravenhall
    Options
    after seeing this thread I went and purchased a argos bag, did you find it was ok? I just was a little worried as including the wheels and handle it seems about 2cm to high... I just dont want to get caught out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure