Clearance Bargains = Argos

Options

Comments

• cherrypie556
    cherrypie556 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    There is an argos clearance website now.
  • Yorkie77_2
    Yorkie77_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    There is an argos clearance website now.

I looked at this because it seemed like a good idea, but it looks like a bit of a kafuffle:

http://www.argosclearance.co.uk/ns/FAQs.asp

Have to do a bank transfer to pay, have to add VAT onto the final bid price, then can only collect from Burton on Trent distribution warehouse!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Yorkie77 wrote: »
    I looked at this because it seemed like a good idea, but it looks like a bit of a kafuffle:

http://www.argosclearance.co.uk/ns/FAQs.asp

Have to do a bank transfer to pay, have to add VAT onto the final bid price, then can only collect from Burton on Trent distribution warehouse!

That sites been around for a few years, its for business users as you buy goods by the pallet load, alot is untested goods.
  • Yorkie77_2
    Yorkie77_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    That sites been around for a few years, its for business users as you buy goods by the pallet load, alot is untested goods.

Okey dokie.
  • VO_Saran
    Options
    Hi I have just joined here is a little update for you. there are 3 argos clearance discount stores; Walsall, Corby and durham.

They do have a website which is:http://www.clearancebargains.co.uk/
    if you click on that it will also give you the link for their ebay shop for those of you who dont live near by one.

FYI the one in corby is the best one to visit as it is across the road from the main distribution centre so they seem to get alot more deliveries than other stores.

hope this helps

AGB863 wrote: »
    If you are in or around the Walsall area, there is a big warehouse that has opened up called "Clearance Bargains" which is basically the outlet for Argos for end of last catalogue items or slow moving stock from around the country.
    The prices are very heavily discounted on catalogue prices.

The stock is there on the day and when it is gone it is gone.

I can assure you I have had some good bargains including a digital video camera (Canon 750i) for £160 when it is £250 plus on the net.

Well worth a look. There is no website for it and I believe, according to staff, it is the only one in the country. :D :j
  • frankieboy_2
    Options
    I went to the Walsall store for the first time on 23/12/08 with a friend who had heard about it and I bought a Dyson DC19 vacuum cleaner, brand new boxed for £99 and have registered it online now for the 5 year gaurantee.

I didn't think it would be any cheaper in the sales 3 days later and it isn't (yet) - cracking machine though, excellent suction power.

They also sell via ebay as well. My mate (mentioned earlier) bought this watch for £24

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Accurist-Gents-Dual-Time-Chronograph-Watch-NEW_W0QQitemZ260335969166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL?hash=item260335969166&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

when elsewhere on the net it was at £122 (although now 89.50 in Jan sales)

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Accurist/accurist-chronograph/Accurist-Gents-Chrono-Watch-MB583B.html
  • nad_
    nad_ Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    can i buy something from them then?or its like costco 1st u hav to b member
  • angel00079
    Options
    nad_ wrote: »
    can i buy something from them then?or its like costco 1st u hav to b member

If you talking about visiting a store then you do not need to be a member. I haven't visited the website so not sure about that.

I have got quite a few things from there. If you have not been before they are a few things that are worth considering :

1) Some of the RRP are out of date so you may not be getting the saving
    you think you are;
    2) The manager clearance sticker may not be the price, these are left on
    from when they were sold in the Argos store. Sometimes the clearance
    price is more :rotfl:
    3) There is no money back guarantee;
    4) Items are often not there next time.
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Walsall Clearance Bargains is open on Sundays?
    Thanks!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I believe the walsall one is open on Sundays, seem to remember going there then. Today I managed to buy a 12" wheel bike for my son for £12.99 (think its £49.99 in Argos store) and a Dr Who Enemies of the Doctor Gift Set (2 speaking mugs including a Dalek one, 2 pens, speaking Dalek bottle opener and speaking key rings & pens in there). Was £49.99 but I paid £4.99. Reason for this was obvious when I opened it up, not all of it worked perfectly but I am pretty sure that with a quick fiddle (it just seems to be loose connection probs) they'll all be fine. £4.99 was a good price for the laugh its given up hearing a Dalek threaten to exterminate you when u pick up a coffee cup lol. Got a few people I am gonna try the mug out on he he!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure