Clearance Bargains = Argos

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Walsall Clearance Bargains place's phone number is 01922 748800 if no one else has given it.
  • mumof3mk
    mumof3mk Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    hiya
    is the stuff workable, i mean will it work, or toys be complete in boxes.
    will items be sealed, or are these returns items only?.

anyone been to the corby one?.
    thanks
    Im now a mum of 4 children. but dont know how to change my username.lol
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    mumof3mk wrote: »
    hiya
    is the stuff workable, i mean will it work, or toys be complete in boxes.
    will items be sealed, or are these returns items only?.

anyone been to the corby one?.
    thanks

Yes ive been to the Corby one, it looks rough from the outside and rough inside :rotfl:

Its a mixture of items, some is opened and some new and sealed, some are overstocks and some returns, all items are complete.
  • iheartpcd
    iheartpcd Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ohh,, id like to go in there however me and my friends never have cus of the age or somethign so were waiting to be old enough!

*THIS ONE GOES OUT TO THE LADIES AT BREAKFAST IN LAST NIGHTS DRESS*
  • devizes18193
    devizes18193 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've brought 2 things from their ebay site , a car mp3 jvc player and a cordless headphones , both work fine and where sent next working day.One of then just before last Christmas
  • bengie
    bengie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi guys.
    This is my first post so bear with me if I get it wrong.
    I joined the site to let as many people as possible know of my experiance of buying from the Argos clearance bargain shop on ebay.
    This is a long story but I will try to keep it as short as poss.

In may 2008 I bought two items from them, a printer and a camcorder, both were fantastic bargains and both worked fine when I recieved them I was well chuffed.
    However the camcorder failed to work properly showing only a white screen after only useing it on three ocasions less than two hours in total, but by this time it was just out of the twelve month warranty which they provide on all items.
    However I contacted them and explained the situation thinking they cared about their customers and would want to find out why it had failed as it was new, or at least offer to repair it, (I was wrong) they couldn't care less as it was out of warranty, told me to contact the manufacturer for repair.
    I emailed them back quoting my statutary rights and the sale of goods act 1979 (as amended) makeing it their responsibility, as in my opinion it failed due to a manufacturing faulty component and should have lasted longer than two hours recording.
    They then replied asking me to return it for inspection, which I did, after five days I emailed them to see if they had recieved it, they said they had, it wasn't a manufactureing fault, and they were returning it to me, but If I wanted to, they would get an estimate for repair and I could return it to them and they would bill me for it.
    The camcorder arrived back with a smashed screen and a broken cd compartment, this was not mentioned in their email and when I contacted them they said it was dammaged on arrival and the dammage to the cd comp looks like someone has had a screwdriver to it., !!suprise, suprise!! it's not a manufacturing fault anymore and it would probably cost more to repair than it did originaly,
    I am currently waiting for a reply from the post office as to the condition of the parcel when it was delivered and if it was signed for as dammaged,
    I packed the cam in its 1/2" thick poly tray, with all accessories on top in their box as it was when I got it, closed up the box , placed it inside another box with bubble wrap top and bottom and surounded it with airpockets then sealed it up and posted it rec delivery. There wasn't a mark on it, not even a scratch, you could have jumped on the parcel and not caused the dammage it suffered.
    SO IN CONCLUSION IF YOU DO BUY FROM THIS SOURCE, MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT PLENTY OF USE BEFORE THE TWELVE MONTHS WARANTY RUNS OUT. P.S. Sorry for the length of this post, this was the short version and it's still ongoing, but if it helps someone, that's all that matters.
    Cheers guys.
  • wajamecallit
    Options
    there are 3 outlets which are. corby clearance bargains, cronin rd, weldon sth ind est. corby. northants nn18 8ag. walsall clearance bargains, jerome retail park. walsal west midlands ws1 3qb. stanley clearance bargains. clifford rd stanley, county durham. dh9 oxg. or you can visit| [EMAIL="sales@clearancebargains.co.uk"]sales@clearancebargains.co.uk[/EMAIL] but that is a link to their ebay pages with buy it now prices. you can form your own opinions on those. happy shopping & bargain hunting folks. be lucky all
  • j999cav
    Options
    AGB863 wrote: »
    If you are in or around the Walsall area, there is a big warehouse that has opened up called "Clearance Bargains" which is basically the outlet for Argos for end of last catalogue items or slow moving stock from around the country.
    The prices are very heavily discounted on catalogue prices.

The stock is there on the day and when it is gone it is gone.

I can assure you I have had some good bargains including a digital video camera (Canon 750i) for £160 when it is £250 plus on the net.

Well worth a look. There is no website for it and I believe, according to staff, it is the only one in the country. :D :j
    hi just to let you know theres another one in northants. cronin rd on the weldon south ind est corby northants. been many times and saved a packet.
  • Basil1234
    Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    bloomin newbies this thread started back in 2005 last post in november 2009 :mad:
    why oh why are you replying as if someone is still reading this thread???? or shall i call you kermit?
    :snow_laug
  • griffam
    griffam Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Basil1234 wrote: »
    bloomin newbies this thread started back in 2005 last post in november 2009 :mad:
    why oh why are you replying as if someone is still reading this thread???? or shall i call you kermit?
    :snow_laug

and we will all call you IGNORANTt. Everyone has to start somewhere....this person has probably been reading forums for a while and realised that you can be slammed for posting something already on the board, They are probably wanting to share this new argos clearance and have searched to make sure it has not been done before, then quite rightly posted on here. DO YOU REALISE HOW ABUSIVE SOME OF YOU ARE. I WAS TOO TERRIFIED TO POST FOR AGES. Why are people so nasty....amounts to bullying in my opinion....bet you would not bully face to face.....ignorant cowardsthats what all those who pick on newbies are.....first post too. SHAME ON YOU !!!!!
    Hello Payday! How are. . Hey where are you going? . . Please don't walk out on me.
    . Come back!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport