Cheap mid-range branded digital cameras.

Options

Comments

• Sumo77
    Sumo77 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi just checked Play today and this is now coming out at £119.99
    http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3468767/-/Product.html?searchstring=Samsung+S85&searchsource=0
    Has anyone seen this anywhere cheaper?
  • BoingBoing_2
    BoingBoing_2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got my Kodak Easyshare M763 from Boots (if you check on the price tickets, some camera's have between £10 and £50 off but the promotion actually ended on 3 July but as the tickets are still on show they have to honour the discount!).

It retails at £89.99, I got £10 off, and paid on my advantage card :)

It's a great point n shoot camera, easy to use, not too many fiddly buttons, and a large screen.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dont know how people manage to get so much battery life-one quoting 700 pics to one charge? I bought a Canon Ixus which is supposed to have good battery life, after an Olympus using AAs which drank batteries,(yes i tried Hybro, etc) The canon is not much better!
  • kw03cd
    kw03cd Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Argos has several cameras for half price or less in their sale but I can't find any reviews on them. One is a Hitachi HDC85 and there are a couple of Sanyo. Has anyone bought them and if so what do you think of their performance.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    They are nothing special, Hitachi is just a rebadged Vivitar and they dont have any decent cameras.

There is a Casio S880 at Argos for £99 with free 2gb card at the moment.
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    The F40d is the better camera out of the 2 anyway, you can get it from the Fuji shop for £70 delivered if you dont mind a refurb (using the 20% off code)

I just bought one of these from Amazon brand new for 95 pounds(sorry pound sign not working:rolleyes: ) Love it, really easy to use.
    Link if anyone is interested.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Newbird
    Newbird Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    The F40d is the better camera out of the 2 anyway, you can get it from the Fuji shop for £70 delivered if you dont mind a refurb (using the 20% off code)

Just check the reviews - more pixels and newer evo cams doesn't mean better pics.
    The F30 now has legendary status, and apparently is the only digicam to have gone up in value since it was released 2 years ago. This is why they are hard to find, and currently sell secondhand for more than the newer Fuji F series cams.
    IMO Fuji's rock anyway. :T but I passed on the F40 in favour of the F30 after all due consideration...

Depends on what you want from the camera, my friend, when choosing which to go for...;)
    Bless Martin's Little Cotton Socks. I thank him for giving us MSE. Look what its grown into!

MFW = ASAP #124
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Boots are now selling the Fuji F40 for 74.99
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • ArsenalFC
    ArsenalFC Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    I got this casio EX-Z8 for £59.99 deliver from empire direct. http://www.empiredirect.com/content/products/details/index~modelcode~CSO-EX-Z8.htm

Other places are selling it for £90. There are many other cameras reduced too, but nowhere near as much as they claimed to have reduce them by, do a comparison search to see if they are the cheapest u can get before opting to buy.
  • barrie-sw
    barrie-sw Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    This price doesn't appear to include battery charger or other accessories, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure