PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Some People..... O.o

Options

Comments

• Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    I have tried getting her solicitors to pass on messages previously (such as, 'your bank statement is here') and they are 100% not interested, neither is the estate agent!! Poor service all round unfortunately. I have no contact details for her HOWEVER, she has MY Number which I said she could call anytime.

I will shove it in the post box tomorrow even if it kills me... I want to get rid of it as it is taking up space! (And is now splatted with paint minorly)

Repainting the bedroom 'soft mist' (White basically.... lol)
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• ryandj
    ryandj Posts: 523 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe hold onto it for another week or two, see if she contacts you and realises, otherwise, then post them back as Not at This Address.
  • RubyShoes
    RubyShoes Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just ring Specsavers and let them know. They will be able to get hold of the woman and deal with it from there.

I moved in April, and I didn't know that you needed 5 working days notice to set up redirection of mail, so for a week mine was sent to the old address.

I get my contacts by post, and contacted the company who arranged for a 2nd set to be sent out to me free of charge, as although my DD hadn't yet come out my bank, they were already in the postal system. She may have been able to organise something similar.

If you didn't say it was a flat, I would wonder if they were my lenses :D
  • Nenen
    Nenen Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    Haha I have not opened it! The box just says 'Contact lens service' on the sticker so I am assuming.....

If I was a true moneysaver I would totally eBay them! But unfortunately I am worried she might come a-knocking.

Whilst you might think it might be moneysaving to do this it could actually cost you a lot in the future (fines etc) if you get found out as it is a criminal offence to open a letter or parcel delivered by the Royal Mail and not addressed to to you if you intend to do this to the detriment of the intended recipient. Just because it has been delivered to your address doesn't make it your property.

If I were you I'd write a letter to her explaining you keep getting mail for her etc and address it to her c/o her solicitor. I think the solicitor will then be duty bound to pass on your message. If she still doesn't sort it out then, according to the PO website, you should just cross her name out and mark everything 'return to sender' and put it back in the post (you don't need to add stamps).
    “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.”
    (Tim Cahill)
  • Kavanne
    Options
    Nenen, I am not stupid, I wouldn't open anyone's mail!!!!

It's going return to sender today, I don't have time to write a letter
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• Bf109
    Bf109 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    Haha I have not opened it! The box just says 'Contact lens service' on the sticker so I am assuming.....

If I was a true moneysaver I would totally eBay them! But unfortunately I am worried she might come a-knocking.

Oh. I didnt know being "a true moneysaver" meant "being a thief"

Sheeesh! and people wonder why this country is the way it is!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rise like Lions after slumber
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.
    [/FONT]
  • Kavanne
    Options
    Bf109 wrote: »
    Oh. I didnt know being "a true moneysaver" meant "being a thief"

Sheeesh! and people wonder why this country is the way it is!
    My prev post about being a true moneysaver was meant to be funny :(

I'm sorry guys
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh sweetie don't stress it, I knew it wasn't meant seriously! Did you manage to shove them in the postbox, if not you could always just drop them off at your local specsavers if you pass one. Enjoy your new flat

Sam
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't mean to sound rude but you really need a sense of perspective here.

You don't really think that the seller has done this deliberatly to p!$$ you off do you? Sorry, but it comes across like that.

It could be a Specsavers fcuk up :confused:

She might have left it too late to redirect everything in time :confused:

Are you sure that you've "been perfect" in redirecting ALL your old mail from previous address ;)

Don't assume the worst in people. She might be a bit dippy, but she could be a decent, honest person who's made an oversight.

I assume you've actually completed and you're not in there, wit the vendor's permission, between exchange & completion? :confused:;)
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • poppysarah
    poppysarah Posts: 11,522 Forumite
    Options
    How do you want your post treated at the address you've moved from?

I'd try and get a phone number for the previous occupier as post will slip through the redirect and you never know when a long lost friend of theirs turns up not knowing she's moved. And a million other reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure