Wot a life's thread.

Hi Guys......I don't normally post here, hope you don't mind.

There is a thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=944523 that appeared today, and the poster needs a bit more help than most of us can give, as we don't know the score re BR/houses etc.

Sadly the OP was subject to some judgemental !!!!!! making comment early in the thread and I fear it may have pushed him/her away.

Could you pop in and have a look - OP has been advised to look at bankruptcy I understand.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Hypno x
Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)

Comments

• Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Thanks Hypno, have popped over :)
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • dodecanese
    dodecanese Posts: 422 Forumite
    Wot a Life
    Can you post a SOA up? What is your property worth? post again and we will try and help you.
  • wot_a_life
    wot_a_life Posts: 127 Forumite
    Tahnk-you all, I'll sort out our SOA and post,

We owe £169,000 on the house, it was valued at £199,950 last month by "your move", they said for a quick sale to put it up for £185,000 ONO

Our mortgage repayments are £1035 pm and an additional £105 for arrears of 2k, the mortgage is interest only with no savings
  • Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Good to see you over here Wot a Life :)
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    wot_a_life wrote: »
    Tahnk-you all, I'll sort out our SOA and post,

We owe £169,000 on the house, it was valued at £199,950 last month by "your move", they said for a quick sale to put it up for £185,000 ONO

Our mortgage repayments are £1035 pm and an additional £105 for arrears of 2k, the mortgage is interest only with no savings

Hi Wot a life,

Just a couple of questions that might not be included in your SOA:
    • Is staying in your house a priority, or do you have no objection to moving into a chaper property or rented accomodation?
    • Are there any secured debts against the house, and if so how much?
    • What is the level of your unsecured debt?
    • Do you have sufficient income to cover the mortgage and essential expenditure?
    • Are you sure you're claiming all the benefits you're entitled to?
    • Do you have any children living with you, or recently moved out?
    I hope those questions don't seem intrusive but it's not really possible to offer any constructive suggestions without a reasonably clear idea of your finances.

I'll post this on your other Thread in case you don't see it here. It would be a good idea to start a new Thread on either the DFW or Bankruptcy Board.

Best regards

Richard
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you found this thread wot a life - I have amended the title, hope that's ok!!

Good luck, you are in good hands here x
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome Wot a Life.

:j :j

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just to echo what everyone else has said wot a life..your in safe hands here

Welcome...welcome..welcome :D
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • wot_a_life
    wot_a_life Posts: 127 Forumite
    Hi Wot a life,

Just a couple of questions that might not be included in your SOA:
    • Is staying in your house a priority, or do you have no objection to moving into a chaper property or rented accomodation?
    • Are there any secured debts against the house, and if so how much?
    • What is the level of your unsecured debt?
    • Do you have sufficient income to cover the mortgage and essential expenditure?
    • Are you sure you're claiming all the benefits you're entitled to?
    • Do you have any children living with you, or recently moved out?
    Hi Richard and thanks for posting, in answer to your questions,
    > We would like to stay here as the rental of properties in our area are much the same as our mortgage.
    > There is one charging order against the house for £2,100 - there are no additional secured loans on the property
    > The unsecured debt is 40k
    >We have JUST enough income to secure our basic living essentials and mortgage with No surplus at all
    > We have tried to claim Job Seekers allowance, incapacity benefit, disability benefit ( for my OH ) We are in reciept of WT credit and CT credit at £720 per month and we have a council tax rebate because of low income
    >We still have all of the children at home, still in full time education aged 15, 18 and 10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure