Halifax to relaunch regular saver @10%+

Options

Comments

• rail.link
    rail.link Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody confirm if it's possible to make more than one payment per month into the RS as long as the total doesn't exceed £500 ?

Halifax staff are giving conflicting answers.
  • obsessed_saver
    Options
    rail.link wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm if it's possible to make more than one payment per month into the RS as long as the total doesn't exceed £500 ?

Halifax staff are giving conflicting answers.

You can only make one payment per month.
  • regularsaver1
    regularsaver1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Options
    One payment only. You can make more payments with the Monthly Saver, not the Regular Saver
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    I intend to set this up next month. The leaflet from in branch says it is available till 20th July.

Is this correct and is it possible if popular it could be pulled sooner?

about 60'000 have been open since the 9th, but at present it is still available till that date
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can only make one payment per month.

Thanked you when I meant to "quote". I'm afraid you and regularsaver1 are incorrect. To quote from the Halifax website regarding the regular saver:

'Set up a monthly standing order from your bank account - you can make additional deposits by standing order too, as long as the total each month doesn’t exceed £500 '
  • shazkhan111
    shazkhan111 Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I still have the 7% RS account and I was intending to close it and open the 10% RS today (and a Guaranteed Saver).

I just received my post and it includes a letter from Halifax informing me that the maximum amount for paying in to my RS increased from £250 to £500 with effect from 9th June 2008.

Could it be that the 7% RS is, at least partially, morphing into the 10% RS?

has anyone else received this letter??
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To quote from the Halifax website regarding the regular saver:

'Set up a monthly standing order from your bank account - you can make additional deposits by standing order too, as long as the total each month doesn’t exceed £500 '
    To quote from the account T&C's...
    One payment each month by standing order...
    I wonder which would take precedence in the event of problems down the line?
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    we had the memo at work saying you can;t do more than the one standing order, but if thats what the net says, thats what it says
  • John_3:16
    John_3:16 Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Was told on the phone that only 1 transaction per month. However when asking why it said a limit of £500 he went away and checked and said that yes you can add more as long as it does not exceed £500
    The measure of love is love without measure
  • tiptoe_mouse
    tiptoe_mouse Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think it may be a good idea to take a screenshot of the webpage for use in the future....

tiptoe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport