🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Halifax to relaunch regular saver @10%+

Options

Comments

• The_Fiddler_2
    The_Fiddler_2 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    I see the 7% Saver is not currently on their account list.
    Noobie (not so :D) trying to make loads a dosh - please bear with all my questions :beer: Thanks :D

• Trying_to_be_good
    Options
    The 'nominated' accounts for the current (7%) regular saver deal, according to the Halifax website, are:
    Variable Rate Halifax Web Saver4.70% AER (without cash card option), easy access and the convenience of managing your savings online
    Halifax Premium Savings Direct - A telephone savings account giving you 24/7 access to your account, offering tiered interest up to 4.26% AER
    Halifax Saver Reward - Traditional branch service with a passbook - get higher rates for larger balances and fewer withdrawals
    Halifax Instant Saver - An instant access savings account with a cash card and tiered interest rates so the more you save, the more interest you earn

The links are because I copied and pasted from the Halifax website, so I hope it doesn't mean I've broken any rules. :o
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • Trying_to_be_good
    Options

It is on my computer - that's where I found the link to get the above info from!
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Still there a few minutes ago? :-

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/regularsaver.asp
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • The_Fiddler_2
    Options
    Mikeyorks wrote: »
    Still there a few minutes ago? :-

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/regularsaver.asp

But not here http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/personalrates.asp which lists the current interest rates.
    Noobie (not so :D) trying to make loads a dosh - please bear with all my questions :beer: Thanks :D

• Trying_to_be_good
    Options
  • The_Fiddler_2
    Options

Yes, its funny how they have it on some pages and not the others.

• sscott5581
    sscott5581 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But not here http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/personalrates.asp which lists the current interest rates.

The account is listed under 'fixed interest'
  • skoolmaster
    skoolmaster Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    using e-moneyfacts (the advisors portal)
    https://www.emoneyfacts.co.uk/news/savings-news.aspx

Click on SAVINGS on LEFT HAND SIDE under
    Product News
    open access to product info

[other panels require login and permissions]

Add this link to your favourites / toolbar / bookmark listing
    Skoolmaster

Noblesse Oblige
    shedful of passbooks and bonds
  • Tiffin_2
    Options
    My husband and I invested the full amount in the Halifax regular childrens saver last year for each of our two children. The intention was when the rate ends and they downgrade you to a low interest account we would move the funds to their trust accounts.

AAAAAAHHHH we wish we had never done this. When you open the account Halifax make you open a second account to transfer the funds to after 1 year. Unknown to us Halifax closed these accounts because there was no activity and so at the end of the year sent our savings to a suspense account.

Weve tried everything. Halifax have used every excuse going not to pay over teh money. From the systems are down, my colleague is sick today, you need to pay into a Halifax account only, the money needs to be paid to the children not the adults, Currently Halifax are refusing to release any monies holding them all in a suspense account until they can agree whether cheques should be payable to the parents or the children.

In effect what this means for us is that we are losing interest and cant put the kids money in their trust funds. ( as well as the hour long wait in queue on premium phone lines while we are passed from administrators to administrator).

My advice is if is you are considering Halifax read the terms of the account carefully. They wont let you withdraw your money directly and insist it goes to another Halifax account which if you havent used it for a year gets closed. If something goes wrong their customer service staff are poorly trained. This account is designed to ensure you keep your savings with Halifax making it as diffficult as possible to move funds to the next high interest earner.

GGGRRR! I will never use halifax again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family